Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 91 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 02-29-2008, 08:12 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Dearest jgtalk sister,

I love your "more humor" edit reason above. OMG is right! I too have my fingers and toes crossed for your truth discovery. If it's what you think may have happened, we'll get Michael Moore involved -- and 60 minutes.

Ellie! As for your BV infections: Since my TAH I've had: 1 bacterial & 2 yeast infections....Our delicate vaginas are still adjusting -- from the post-op bleeding and drips -- and the PH climate gets wacky with these %&#!** infections -- presenting themselves to us by itching, dripping, burning and stinking. Oh, ain't life grand? ....But you're right: we all have so much to be grateful for. Thank you for your little girl tale.

jg: Keep us posted about every nuance, please! My prayers are with you.

Hugs in all directions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-29-2008, 05:26 PM

JGTALK, You ain't lying about OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wishing you the best.

Sisters I can relate to just about everything going on with you all. I have "the baldder drip" also. Just whenever. And the night sweats and hot flashes are driving me to drink and I don't like to drink. I'm still looking for a job since I got laid off. But the unemployment payments have kicked in. We moved in our new house the 1st of feb and we all got the flu. I've been trying to go slow unpacking but the "swelly belly" crap is still there along wth my incision site is still very tender. I go back for check up in a couple of weeks and will check on all of my issues. FOr the most part I feel great and hardly think of the surgery.

Other news: my family has 2 new additions. Last Saturday the 23rd my dh and i were headed to Ft Polk to go to the BX to look for a printer and grocery shop. It is about a hour and a half from Lafayette. DH took the back roads there and on a VERY NARROW almost 2 lane black top with a posted speed of 55 and no houses for 5 miles in each direction we saw a puppy in the middle of the road and I made him stop so I could get it> I was out of the truck before he stopped. I went to get it and it growled at me and ran in the ditch full of water. I went to pick it up and here come another one and I told dh to get it too. We got them and realized that someone must have left them on the side of the road. The way they act and their size I would say they are somewhere between 4-6 wks old. We brought them back to our house and bathe them and fed them. One is a brown (mostly) lab female and the other is a black(mostly) lab male. I named them Cinnamon and Blackjack. Now we have 4 dogs and 1 very old cat (Lamost 18)

Sorry this is long but had to share about the puppys.

Best to all and WE ALL GET BACK TO NORMAL SOON!!!!!!!!!!

Kim
Unread 03-01-2008, 04:46 AM

Oh Jg I bet your chin nearly hit the floor. Love your humour. Really made me laugh. I think it's time you started writing your autobiography.

Don't know what to wish for you - you'd be made for life, if the surgeon decided to go home early for dinner. What on Earth is going on...?

And what a piece of luck you came along when you did Kim. Sounds like it would have been so easy for no one to find those puppies in time. Bless your heart for taking them in...and because you're at home, you've got some time to look after them? Something on the bright side. Hope you find a job soon though.

Have a lovely weekend. everyone
x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2008, 06:40 AM

Hi Everybody,

I would give you an update, but nobody has called me back since all of this uterus maybe/maybe not took place.

I called my surgeon's office, and he is still out on vacation. He took one in December, and now he is on another one. When does the guy actually work? His PA said that he did take the whole thing out, and that the radiologist must have made a mistake.

So I called the ER, to let them know that their doctor inappropriately discharged me based on the wrong medical information (let's take a person who may have had an appendicitis, give them the wrong medical info, and send them home, brilliant). The girl said she would transfer me to the "business" line. What did I get? This voice message saying "The menu for today is macaroni and cheese."

The PA who discovered this said he would call me Friday, no call.

So now I have to sit here all weekend wondering what is going on. I am so ****ed angry, I can not tell you. (Uh oh, here comes a vent!)

I have worked in biomedical research for 20 years, spent a good part of my life in the medical profession. Truthfully, I am ready to get out of it. There are very few people in it that actually care about others anymore. Patients are treated like a piece of meat, and most of the docs I know are in it for the $$$$. I wish I could say it was different, but my personal experience has been very negative with these "colleagues".

I hear all this political stuff about how we need to get health insurance so that everyone is covered and let doctors do their job, and it makes me want to hurl. The truth is, until you fix the attitudes of the health care providers to actually CARE about people, no amount of pumping money into the system is going to do much good. I don't think people really learn how to care unless they or a loved one has gone through something. And honestly, having worked with a lot of medical students in my career, most of the up-and-coming students are in it for the money. You question them about their motives, and there is no depth there.

Oh well, I guess I will have another fight on my hands again. This whole hysterectomy thing JUST WILL NOT END. I wish I could jump on plane and fly away from this whole mess, just for a few days, but I broke after all of these doctor bills and such, that it's not possible.

Sorry to vent so much, I was awake all night long worrying about what is going on.

Thanks for listening.
Unread 03-02-2008, 08:10 PM

Holy run of bad luck.

Can't really think of much to say except surely things will get on an up swing soon.

Sending positive vibes from Canada...

Kayak Dreamer
Unread 03-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Yikes!

I really think the person who read the scan should not have said anything to you. they are not supposed to do this for this very reason - they are not trained and it causes so many problems.

I think you are OK and just need to know what this person "mis-read". BTW - did you ever get a pic of what was removed? I think this is why surgeons do that. My pic is hidden away as it was a "Wow" moment for me but I now understand why I was operated on since I had no symptoms or pain.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Unread 03-03-2008, 09:26 AM

Question would be , where would you fly to? The world seems to be increasingly materialistic, and you only have to look at the big drug companies and mulit-nationals to know money is the only consideration..whether it's aids medication for africa, or advertising tobacco in developing countires.

There has just been a big story in the UK about a member of the House of Lords who was taken to hospital for an emergency. he was scathing about the lack of hygiene and lack of professionalism in the hospital he was taken to. Scary. They didnt know who he was at the time.

Meanwhile - wondering if anyone else is still struggling at work. I didnt know what the exhaustion was, that people have mentioned, until Friday...and even though I rested over the weekend I had to come home at lunch time today. Are people still find this difficult, am I being wimpy or could there be something wrong?

Keep us in the loop Jill, take care all
x
Unread 03-04-2008, 08:18 AM

Ellie, You are NOT wrong!! I am exhausted all the time but I am also still in pain too. I go tomorrow to the urologists. I am still waiting on my blood work. I am completely worn out of all of this. Just wanted you to know you are not alone sister!!
Unread 03-04-2008, 10:11 AM

ellie,
I am exhausted too - thought that was due to the hip pain I am in (scheduled for a replacment on 6/9).

But my gut still lets me know I had surgery. I am getting pain in my upper abdominal area - thought it might be hip pain meds but still happens when I stop taking it.

Think it still might be gas - who knows. Hey, at my age it could be anything.

I am tired of being tired - but the good news is that if I get enough sleep I am having more good days that bad lately.
Unread 03-04-2008, 10:50 AM

Update: Going for an ultrasound on Thursday to see if the uterus is there or not. Will keep you posted.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register