Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 92 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 03-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

We wait with interest, Jg.

Meanwhile, I've just had a nap on the sofa, after a mornings work...oh dear.
Have to be bakc full time next week, because the cover runs out. My friends have been so great at work, while my head teacher is away- they've rearranged meetings, and are covering my class first thing, so I can have a lie in tomorrow. Bless.

All I keep thinking is...I want to be back to normal, I don't want people to still be running around after me.

Laugh of it all is that it's fitness week at school - mmn.

Lady, that's where my discomfort is - it feels tight across my upper abdomen. ..and I didn't realise how many muscles you use when you project your voice to a class - actually talking is wearing me out!!

I feel 110...and am starting to look it.lol

Think I should change my bottom line to 'looking forward to stopping moaning'.
x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2008, 03:49 PM

Whew it's been a while since I posted . JG I am still praying for you I hope everything turns out for you on Thursday. And like everyone else on the weekends I am just plain pooped, I think this Saturday I was way past exhaustion, I sleep 90% of the day, and to add to my fustration my job is questioning that fact if I needed to work part-time, the insurance company that handled my disability pay seems to think that I should have been able to return to work on the 23rd of January full time so I had to go back to my Dr so they could provide medical facts showing that I was not fully ready and I pushed the issue. So now I am waiting for this process to be over because it is stressing me out.

I wish everyone the best and I need to read my emails more often because I had alot of catching up to do.
Unread 03-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Uterus-less

O.k. Here is the update.

I had an ultrasound today, and the doctors went hunting for the uterus! They didn't find it.... I am as hollow as a Halloween pumpkin.

They looked really HIGH ......
and they looked really LOW....
but the old uterus ,
was a total NO SHOW!

I am just speechless ladies. I just don't really no what to say. What is up with our medical system? What on earth happened????????

I am just so confused. I am taking the weekend off and going home to see my mom. This was just so stressful!

Oh, by the way, I put Jason Pure Vitamin E oil on my incision 2X per day after it closed, and my scar is barely there, virtually non-existant. That stuff does some impressive healing! In a couple spots, I can't even see the scar tissue at all.

Thank you ever so much for your prayers and support. You're awesome! I am probably one of the most bizarre stories on this whole website.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2008, 06:41 AM

Hooray
Hooray
for you jgtalk!!!!

What a bunch of ninnies!!!

Great wonderful news.

Look, it's always better when the medical folks need you to follow up on any uncertainties, questions and suspicions.... but this one -- yours -- I do nominate you for winning the prize.

I hope someday you'll find out why the "phantom" uterus showed up as an apparition...but you might need to watch old Twilight Zone reruns for a clue.

Truly enjoy your weekend, sweetie. Again: a huge hooray for you!

Love,

Siri
Unread 03-07-2008, 02:18 PM

JG

I am happy for you! The tech who read the first scan should have been shot! That is why they tell them not to say anything to the patient and let the Doc tell the patient. It was a big OPPS for them meanwhile you are a mess with worry!

After the Hyst I got bronchitise and the coughing about ripped me up inside, got over that, cought a cold and now I am teaching about 20 hours a week. I am tired and have gone to bed a 7:30 a few nights a week. I just want to feel normal soon.

Hip to be replaced on 6/9 and I am trying to loose about 20 lbs but I can't exercise. I can only do upper body stuff as I will need that for using a walker and crutches. This is coupled with about 8 week of physical therapy. I am now hearing from the hospital and the such getting me ready. I keep saying to myself - WAIT - I just went trough this in December!

Oh Well - I will be in great shape by Fall!!!!!!
Unread 03-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Great News jgtalk!

I am so happy for you that that mess is behind you. As if you needed anything else to worry about. Take care. Hope you will be on the fast track to wellness now.

Best wishes, Linda
Unread 03-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Just checking in -- 3 month's this week

I'm glad things worked out well for you -- you'll get better.

I am really feeling much better--going back to school was very difficult at first--I almost stopped, but I stuck it out & it really has helped me. I still have some achy belly stuff -- but I really have quite a bit of energy -- I'm tired at night, but I get up at 5:15 -- I should be. I just wanted to check in and tell all how much everybody has helped me when I felt so down and out about everything -- it will be three months this week (tomorrow Dec. 10 is my 3 month anniversary)-- just think how far we've come -- it is getting better -- I think of everyone often -- just wanted to give my two cents worth -- Josie Cocker
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:39 PM

Well, I went to the doctor today about my "leaking" and he told me that everything was "fine" up there, that he saw a little redness on the vaginal cuff, so he put some silver nitrate on it. He claimed I had good pelvic support, and said that he "didn't want to investigate this further." He said he thought everything was fine from the surgery he performed, and that perhaps this was due to me "getting older and the pH of the vagina changing."

When I brought up that I didn't have this problem before the surgery, he tried to brush it off.

I'm wondering if this guy botched the operation somehow. When asked what I should do if the silver nitrate didn't work, he said just to "live with it."
Unread 03-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Red face - Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Get another opinion...

Hi JGTALK...

Please seek another doctor's opinion.

You don't have to tell your current MD that you're doing so - but, you deserve better.

You are the PATIENT, your doctor should be ASHAMED for treating you this way and being so vague. Not taking the time to answer your questions and explain ANYTHING you need is incredibly unprofessional. It is his responsibility to provide you with the information you need AND to protect your health.

As for the "live with it" statement - WRONG, wrong, wrong answer. He is supposed to be a professional and he is a physician.

You deserve answers to all your questions - no matter what they are. Please consider getting that second opinion.

The other thing you MUST do is speak directly to the office manager or to the head of that department and let them know what has happened. You are not "tattling" and you're not going to get anyone in trouble. You may actually be helping someone else out and in the process. If their physicians are under that much stress of a work load that they cannot address their patients questions and concerns, then they need to re-arrange scheduling proceedures or get more doctors to take care of the case load.

If NOTHING else, please trust me on this... It does not matter where you are, in a MD office, store, emergency department...wherever it might be.... IF YOU DO NOTHING, NOTHING WILL CHANGE or be done to fix any problems that may exist. The correct people have to me made aware there is a problem.

PLEASE, take care of yourself. Let us know how you're doing and how your situation turned out. BE GOOD TO YOU.
Unread 03-18-2008, 04:21 AM

Been awhile since I posted. Does anyone else still have some tenderness? I also have a large lump of skin hanging above my scar! ugh! I am not overweight and hate this "cliff overhang". Will it ever get smaller? I am exercising 3 x a week and nothing has changed.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register