Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 93 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 03-18-2008, 08:05 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

I am still tender and the scar looks so raw, so purple and raw, even after three months. Is there any way to get some of that redness out? Also, does anyone else still have trouble sleeping through the night? I don't know my own body anymore, so much seems to feel different, even my taste in food has changed. I feel like I'm 13 again, like I'm looking at myself saying, "Whoa, where did YOU come from?!" Sometimes this really depresses me and sometimes I feel like a chrysalis getting ready to emerge in a whole new stage. Scary, exciting, weird. I was not prepared for this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 10:43 AM

Hi everyone

been back at work a few weeks now, but am at home today with a shivery bug, and am remembering how nice it is to sit and mail etc. naughty.lol.
down side - I still have a dentist appointment shortly.

Star, I'm still having up and down days. think i overdid it on saturday, lifting shopping, and swelled quite a lot again yesterday back at work. I'm tired out today, and although i have 'something', I wouldnt have normally been so poorly.

More good days than bad, but I'm still not there yet. looking forward to may 10th to see how everyone else are doing.

I've been putting cocoa butter on my scar for ages, but it is still quite pronounced. The overhang is starting finally to flatten out - but I havent got back to my tummy muscle exercises yet. I'm still scared to do much exercise, as every time I do, I seem to go backwards.

All the time, I keep on remembering how people have said 6/12 months to get back to normal. for some of us i guess that really is going to be true.

Aber, I think we still have to be patient. I have posted on pre and post-op, and have to be careful about not being too negative about the healing time...don't want to upset people. Besides, I dont think I would have believed myself that I would still be feeling this 'unresolved' after soooo long...

Like to know what comes out of your chrysalis - what a lovely way of looking at it..

hope everyone else is feeling okay
x
Unread 03-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Wink - Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

i definately hear you on that (some days up some days down) i didn't think i would still be feeling sore around the belly area but i do have to say that i am feeling a whole lot better than i did 3 months ago. Keep the faith, it will get better for us all, hope to hear from you and everyone else on May 10th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2008, 02:22 PM

I'm with all you girls -- I'm having a really bad day today--just my stomach hurts -- I think I must also have some kind of fluy thing too because I'm feeling really down -- not emotionally - physically -- I just want to be right again & it's difficult -- My stomach hurts -- scare is gross--also, I have that shelf thing too, but like you it just seems like i'm too afraid to do something because then I have days to pay for it -- I had really set my sites on Easter--thinking I'd be all better by then & guess what, I'm not -- Not that I'm really bad -- I'm back to work; I'm trying to live my life, but gosh, somedays, like today, are bad ones -- also I really feel that nobody understands -- except the people on here -- oh well, tomorrow is bound to be a better day. josiecocker
Unread 03-22-2008, 11:33 AM
100 days today

Hey Girls!

Just checking in after a loooooong time, since today is 100 days after my operation on December 13, 2007 !
I am sorry to read that for some of you life is still not back to normal. Hang in there, things will for sure improve over time, when spring is really kicking in and the weather gets better and all that. I know it is spring already, on the Northern Hemisphere at least, but on this side of the world it does not feel like spring! They predict some light snow for Easter, tomorrow!

Greetz!
Crispy D.
Unread 03-22-2008, 02:10 PM

That makes it 102 for me then Crispy.lol. How did that happen?

Been back at work for as long as I was off after Christmas - time goes so much faster when your busy. Family is getting together for Easter...and doesn't seem 2 minutes since I was planning Christmas so that everything would run smoothly.

Felt rubbish last week, but...today I've feel good and started Spring cleaning - got 2 weeks school holiday -perfect timing for me, and I'm hoping to be 100% when I go back...but who knows.

Easter tomorrow, and it's snowing here today too. crazy weather - I can't remember having snow in March before. But there's blossom on the trees, and we've had some mild days.

Did everyone else get the menopause email...gave me a bit of a start. I bought some of the answar...can't remember how to spell it...supposed to be good for stamina etc. after surgery. It smells of curry, but thought I would give it a go...and hitting the primrose oil too - so with that and the iron tablets - who needs food.

Have a lovely Easter everyone
x
Unread 03-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Red face - Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hello there

Hey there, Just wanted to give you a update on me. I had a Cystoscopy w/ hydrodistention on Friday. I have been diagnosed with a bladder disease: Interstitial Cystitis. Hopefully things are now starting to get better for me. I would defiently say being 27 has been horrible for me. Too much has happened to me this year. My birthday isn't until June I really hope 28 yrs. will be better. I still have good days and bad. (for the most part Bad) Hopefully, with this Medicine I'm about to start; it will get better. (the pain) My scar is still red and rough looking. My Dr. gave me some cream to put on it. I cannot tell if it is working or not. I am glad to hear that some of you are doing better it give me hope that soon I will be one of you. Thank you all for listening and being there. My family isn't much for support if you know what I mean. Thank you!! I glad to have my Sisters!!! XOXO I hope you all had a great Easter.
Unread 03-25-2008, 02:44 PM
I will stay here for you!

I must say I am doing better every day. I know some of you had a rough time and that you all are for the most part much younger than me. It will get better!

I have not been able to execise because of my hip and that leads to back problems. The back hurst because I have no strength in my stomach muscles yet.

As far as the scar goes, I had a C-Section 17 years ago and the redness will go away. I can see some of the old scar (it is white) as my surgeon did not use the entire C-Section scar to open me. He said that the OB that delivered my son "cut me way too much". Explains why the TAH/BSO was easier than the S-Scetion. Be assured the scar will look like a light pen stroke accross you at some point.

I am getting alot of information on my upcoming hip replacement. Yes, that even has an abreviation LTHR! (Left Total Hip Replacement). GUESS WHAT! I can get a T-shirt with an x-ray of the new divice in my hip with the saying "Totally Hip and I have the scars to prove it". Just what I needed in my wardrobe!

All of you that are still dealing with some issue - rest assured that this too shall pass. We all just need time and understanding!
Unread 03-25-2008, 03:57 PM

Thats pretty cool, (totally hip.........!) I wonder if there's a t-shirt for the TAH- how about a big fibroid with a red circle and a line through it? do i have any takers on that?
Unread 03-25-2008, 07:51 PM

I actually played golf today, 9 holes and feeling okay, a little sore but nothing bad. It does get better, the spring will come, and good days eventually outnumber the not-so-good ones. Funny t-shirt idea! I know, after my TAH I could not stop singing in my head "oh where, oh where have my ovaries gone, oh where oh where could they be?" Sick humor, I know, but I was still in the hospital - must have been the drugs!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register