Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 94 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 03-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Scar Help Ladies

Hi Ladies,

I have two most EXCELLENT suggestions for scars.

I put JASON vitamin E oil (you can get it at Whole Foods or Meijer's here in Michigan). I can barely see a scar at all, and in some places, I can't see it AT ALL. If it were not for a very slight bit of dimpling in the skin over an incision, you wouldn't even be able to tell I had surgery, seriously! If you can't find this, just get some vitamin E oil capsules at the drug store and rub it on twice a day. I also used to work with a trauma burn surgeon who recommended vitamin E and cocoa butter.

Trust JGtalk! Would I lie to you all? I mean, I have plenty of other unbelievable things going on to feed you right now! (And I no, I do not work for the JASON company).

Dispite the "leakies" and a uterus that comes and goes, I have no other effects that I know of right now. I've been given the all clear to go back to regular everything. I also have an appointment to see another doctor about the leakies, gave the surgeon the DUMPO!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 08:03 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short573
Hey there, Just wanted to give you a update on me. I had a Cystoscopy w/ hydrodistention on Friday. I have been diagnosed with a bladder disease: Interstitial Cystitis. Hopefully things are now starting to get better for me. I would defiently say being 27 has been horrible for me. Too much has happened to me this year. My birthday isn't until June I really hope 28 yrs. will be better. I still have good days and bad. (for the most part Bad) Hopefully, with this Medicine I'm about to start; it will get better. (the pain) My scar is still red and rough looking. My Dr. gave me some cream to put on it. I cannot tell if it is working or not. I am glad to hear that some of you are doing better it give me hope that soon I will be one of you. Thank you all for listening and being there. My family isn't much for support if you know what I mean. Thank you!! I glad to have my Sisters!!! XOXO I hope you all had a great Easter.
Hey Sarah!

Sorry about the bladder problem. I was diagnosed with something similar several years ago. Take the meds and AVOID caffeine, makes it worse, especially diet soda with nutrasweet, makes you have to go more!

Chin up! We are still here for you. I am still rooting for you!
Unread 03-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Vitamin E oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtalk
I put JASON vitamin E oil (you can get it at Whole Foods or Meijer's here in Michigan). I can barely see a scar at all, and in some places, I can't see it AT ALL. If it were not for a very slight bit of dimpling in the skin over an incision, you wouldn't even be able to tell I had surgery, seriously! If you can't find this, just get some vitamin E oil capsules at the drug store and rub it on twice a day. I also used to work with a trauma burn surgeon who recommended vitamin E and cocoa butter.
Hi JG!

I am really interested in the vitamin E oil. I googled it and saw there are different concentrations, 14.000 IU, 32.000 IU, 45.000 IU etc. which one do you use, the most concentrated one??? The 45.000 IU??? Do you think Walmart will have it ??? I will travel to the States in 2 weeks time, but I will be in a tiny, tiny place in Tennessee, there is not much there except Walmart's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 08:40 AM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

JG - Thank You for all the support. I am staying away for all kinds of soda. I drink 64 oz of water everyday. There is a neat water place here that you buy a 64oz bottle and get it filled with their filtered water (ozone water is what they call it) for free everyday. (or even several times a day u can get it filled) I have stopped eating certain foods that trigger it too. I am starting to feel somewhat better. Some days are worse than others. I am just glad to have some answers. You know? I better get off here and get ready for work. Have a great day!!! 's and 's !!!
Unread 03-27-2008, 03:09 PM
Foods?

What kind of foods do you feel trigger it -- I haven't been able to pin it down ... I'd love to know what you think...many thanks, Josiecocker
Unread 03-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Vitamin E Oil Info for Chrispduck

Hi Crispyduck!

I used the JASON vitamin E oil, 5000 i.u. (though they may now make it in higher IU, the 5000 worked fine for me). I think most any vitamin E oil would help, but this is the one I used. It can usually be found by the skincare products in most large chain stores here in the U.S., generally by the organic body products and skin cleansers. It is in small bottles with a yellow label and white top.

I also use the Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Butter and Vitamin E Lotion, which I am sure that you will be able to find in Walmart. I usually the Jason on in the morning and the Cocoa Butter at night. I was told not to put lotions on the incision until after about 8 weeks, when it had completely closed. Once it is semi-healed and closed, I was told that it was o.k. to put things on to soften up the tissue and prevent thick scar formation. I still have some little light pink, fine lines in some areas, but in most, I can't see pink anymore and can BARELY see the scar. In some places, I can't even find it. There is only a very slight elevation in the areas that are still healing, and most of it is even with the rest of the skin surface.

I worked in biology research for many years, and have seen a lot of healing going on. This little "treatment" really impressed me. I hope it works as well for you! (I'm going to try it on a couple of wrinkles too and see what happens!)

Have fun in the USA! I am going to pick up the ice skates here shortly and get back on the rink!
Unread 03-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 hi sisters

Its been a couple weeks since I checked in, life has been so busy and I miss the slow and relaxing times I had while recovering. I am doing good! Still some swelling in the eves but in general no other complaints. But the best part is not having a PERIOD! yay!!!!!! I love it!

I hope everyone is well and I will pray for you Short!

Take care and have a blessed week!
Rockycat
Unread 03-30-2008, 12:01 AM

Nice to see everyone doing well. Just got a new computer after 2+ months. Been back to work and on premarin. Life is back to some normality, but was missing the time off after my first week back inthe ER.
Will be reading more later, but wanted to wish everyone continued health.
Unread 04-01-2008, 09:07 AM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 JosieCocker

Hey there Josie, Sorry it has taken so long to reply. The foods that bother me the most are Spicy foods, Citris(high acidic), Chocolate, and some dairy effects me too. My doctor gave me a IC- smart diet pocket guide to keep in my purse. I cannot drink any coffee, soda, tea the caffeine is the worst for me!! have you checked out the ICA website? I believe there is a list of of foods and beverages that effect some people with this disease. I hope this helps!! The drug Elmiron is what my doctor has me on they might have more info too. Talk to you later.
Unread 04-01-2008, 10:52 AM

Hi Sarah,

My doctor told me to avoid Nutrasweet. That has helped me a lot. Good luck! Let me know if you have any other tips.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register