Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 97 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 05-12-2008, 07:59 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Hello Ladies, so sorry for not posting sooner. Like ya'll it has been so busy here. There isn't enough time in the day. It has been 5mths. for me as well. I still have a mushy brain sometimes. I still get swelly belly at the end of a very long day!! I am still getting used to the IC diet and all the medication. It has been a interesting year for me. It has been a eye opening experience!!! Congrats Ellie on the man!! He is a very lucky man ! Lots of love Ladies!! Take Care !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2008, 11:27 AM

Hi
so nice to hear from everyone, it really is like catching up with old friends...
..had flowers at work today.lol. Life is good..
x
Unread 05-16-2008, 09:23 AM

Hello everyone a week late - story of my life! As some of you know I got bogged down with some contract work but that ended yesterday so my time has been freed up some. Now I have to get to work in the studio and the garden! And get ready to go back to school in the fall - ACK!

I'm feeling pretty good and THRILLED that I had this surgery. Sex is still a little painful but finally stopped spotting afterwards. Otherwise my body - though a little more plump - feels great!

jgtalk - It's looking like I may have developed a gluten issue too. I've researched the cause of this and have learned that many people develop this intolerance to gluten after an accident or trauma to the body. Hmmm.... Haven't had any testing done yet. I am sick of being poked and prodded!

I have the fog brain thing still going on - maybe gluten avoidance will help this?

Ellie - congrats on the man!!!

Love and continued healing to you all! Tammy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2008, 07:01 PM

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I am so pokey on the "reunion". I had some house guests and a mini vacation the past few weeks, so the day slipped by and now I am playing "catch up."

I am getting on the mend. I have developed a leaky bladder problem that is sending me to the urologist. I dumped the doc who told me to "live with it", and got myself another, who is sending me for an evaluation.

Other that that, I am pretty much going again. I am now in a Zumba Latin Dance class... wiggling that crazy so I must be doing better huh? I did pretty well on my general physical check-ups, so I am hanging in there. I hope to start roller-blading here pretty soon now that the weather is getting nice.

I still get the "boo-hoos" now and then, and hot flashes too. My doc thinks it is probably some peri-menapause.

I still feel bad about not being able to have kids. Especially now since I have to visit one of my friends who just had a baby. I tell myself though that I can't avoid babies. I hope that I will get used to it in time, but keep my in your prayers on this one. Still a little rough sledding for me here as I really wanted to have a family. Kind of feel like I lost the whole show, no Mr. Wonderful in sight either.

Anyway, holding my own! Thanks everybody for your support and kind thoughts. Next time I am dancing... I'll shake one for you gals!!!!
Unread 05-21-2008, 12:55 PM

Sorry your still feeling like that JG, not sure that will ever quite go away.

I have a bit of a twist on the baby thing. My new man tried to have kids with his ex. but couldnt-long story...but he's had to make the decision that, to give things a go with me, he knows he won't be able to have kids - and yes, it's already that serious. .he's only 41, and has been out with younger women, so theoretically could still be a dad. One of the reasons that I havent been out with younger men, is because I wouldnt want to take that choice away. Must admit to feeling very priviliged(not really the right word), but also guilty that I might be denying someone I'm growing to care for, something I already have. The only comfort there is that he is joint guardian to his nephews, for whom he has a father role, and has helped to bring them up..

Glad your up to dancing- I went to ceroc for an hour was shattered...think my stamina just about gets me through the day at work..lol

love to all
x
Unread 05-21-2008, 11:48 PM
Hi My Sisters

Hello Ladies,
I miss the days of recovery and chatting on line. Life is back to normal busy, busy, busy! I am feeling good! But Could still use some more energy though! I can't believe it's been 5 months already time sure flies!

I hope you are all well! God Bless!

Rocky cat
Unread 05-25-2008, 03:22 PM

Hi there!

recovery has been pretty smooth for me, but I recently met a bump in the road.....I think I developed migraines ....anybody had that joyful experience?? I had my first migraine attack at the end of March (so more than 15 weeks after my hysterectomy), 2 weeks later the 2nd one (during my trip to the States) and yesterday my 3rd one. Thought first it was related to ovulation (since I kept my ovaries) but the pattern is a bit irregular. Anyway, will try to see my doctor tomorrow

Will keep you posted!
Cheers!
Unread 05-26-2008, 10:07 AM
Migrains

I used to get a mighraine the day before or the first day of my peiod. It is due to the drop in estrogen. If you are taking hormones they might need to be adjusted.
Unread 05-26-2008, 10:15 AM
Two weeks and counting

Two weeks from today I will be the "bionic woman". As my Total Left Hip Replacement will be done then. I am more scared about this than the TAH/BSO. I had to donate two pints of blood for the surgery (Just in case). The first was OK but the second 7 days later knocked the socks off of me and had me "down" for 2 and a half days.

I am afraid I will miss our 6 month anniversary as my surgery is 6/9 but I will be thinking about you.

I too had some unusuall feelings - a few twinges in the gut area but that could be because I am pretty sedintary due to the hip and I have little muscle tone left. I tend to sit rather than walking due to pain. I am looking forward to physical therapy to get the tone back.

I will keep checking back but a few prayers on 6/9 would be appreciated!!!
Unread 05-26-2008, 01:18 PM

CD - I've had the opposite effect. used to have terrible migraines, brought on by tiredness and stress, but linked to periods. I used to take something called migraleve - but you have to take it at first symptoms...dark room, quiet and sleep if possible. My first symptoms were flashing lights, like a kalaidascope...then pain and nausea.

I've hardly had any symptoms since the op. marvellous. Agree with DB, probably a hormone imbalance. Ordinary pain killers often wont touch it though, so doctors again Im afraid.

Lady DB, lots of luck for the 9th. Have known a couple of people who've had the op. one 40 and one 72, both recovered pretty quickly and have no after affects...sure you'll be the same and back on your feet in no time

love to all
x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register