Tired but can't sleep - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tired but can't sleep Tired but can't sleep

Unread 12-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Tired but can't sleep

Tired but Cant Sleep - Seems like I have had worse sleeping problems since my HYS on 11/30/07. I normally take Ambien CR and its hardly working for me now either. Seems like i sleep a few hours maybe 5 and then im up again. Or, it seems to speed up my body and I just cant fall asleep so then like 3am im finally so tired I can hardly crawl into my bed. Im afraid to take the lovely vicodins cuz of the constipation issues I had the first week. So, lately im only takin one vic a day and then tyenol the rest of the time. I think not sleeping much probably normal for me. Everyone is different i suppose tho. It does get better....i can assure you of that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Tired but can't sleep

Cynthia,
It will all get better, I promise. I couldn't sleep even in the hospital! I slept a little with the morphine, but when I got home I was sleepless for about a week. I mean I would look at the clock practically every few minutes that's how sleepless I was. I think it is just our bodies adjusting to the surgery, I don't know, I'm like you, I figured I would sleep 24/7 for at least a couple of weeks. Very disappointing. I am trying Ambien for a while, and so far it works great. It's for only at night, though. Sleep is important!
Blessings, and I know the sandman will be with you soon.
Grace
Unread 12-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Tired but can't sleep

I am 4 1/2 wks post op, and I slept 100% better right after I had my surgery. Maybe it was all of the meds, I do not know. I am not sleeping that well at night, or during the day. I am about to go a tad bit crazy, to be honest. I prob should give my Dr a call, and ask for help.
Glad to know that I am not the only one with this prob!! =(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2007, 05:08 AM
Tired but can't sleep

funny how we are all different cause now at about 5 weeks my sleeping has been ok for a few weeks. most nights I go to bed at 10 and wake at 6 am feeling ok. I am stressing abit about money and xmas right now so was up at 430 yesterday am but was 630 this morning

I will say it could make sence what one doc said if it is from anstetic and take time to work out of us I probably worked it out walking around so much as I am up and out every day since the day home.
I make myself get up get a shower and go out to get fresh air.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register