6 weeks post-op 3 steps back! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 weeks post-op 3 steps back! 6 weeks post-op 3 steps back!

Unread 12-10-2007, 04:47 PM
6 weeks post-op 3 steps back!

That's what I feel like!
I am 6 weeks post op today and have felt really good the last week. Yesterday upon awakening, my body felt like it wanted to stretch, so I went ahead and let it and it stretched a lillte too hard!
The pain that I had been feeling in my right groin area had finally went away last week and the stretch brought it right back with a venegence!
I called my Dr and she said that I probably just pulled something and rest for a couple days and take some IB Profin (??) Tonight it is a little better but still hurts more if I stand for more than 10 or 15 minutes.
Has anyone else had this problem at 6 weeks!!??
I asked my Dr if I could have torn something and she said no not at this point. I was released at 4 weeks to normal activity as I had "healed like arose".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2007, 05:08 PM

I am 6 weeks post-op this past Friday (TAH/BSO HRT)... I saw my doctor at 4 1/2 weeks and was told that although I was healing very well and everything looked good, I could NOT resume normal activities. I see him again at 7 1/2 weeks post op.

I wonder what that "wanting to stretch" feeling is all about.. I have been experiencing that sensation for weeks now but have not given into it...

Sure hope you feel better soon!
Unread 12-10-2007, 05:14 PM

I feel the same way today. I was great the past weeks and then yesterday I did something around the house and I know I hurt my incision because I stood on a chair to reach something and when I stepped down I stepped hard to where I felt it on the incision, and today my tummy feels real sore even to the touch of my clothing and my back in between my shoulder blades is killing me. If I stand too long it feels like its on fire.(my back) I took 3 advil and it did not help at all. I guess I should be resting. I will be 6 weeks p/o on Thursday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2007, 05:30 PM

I did something similiar in my sleep the other night, when I sit up from laying on my back with pillow under knees. It felt like something tore, could this be new adhersions growing from our surgeries? Are any of you having trouble with your hips being sore from being layed on? I am getting where it is hard to sleep not because of the incision as long as I have my pillow but because my hips are so sore.
A friend told me when she had hers a nurse told her the best thing was to sleep on the stomach, she said is was painfully but good for you. I have been to afraid to try that, the stomach and laying flat too. Anybody tryed that yet. TAH/BSO.
Unread 12-10-2007, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey2
I did something similiar in my sleep the other night, when I sit up from laying on my back with pillow under knees. It felt like something tore, could this be new adhersions growing from our surgeries? Are any of you having trouble with your hips being sore from being layed on? I am getting where it is hard to sleep not because of the incision as long as I have my pillow but because my hips are so sore.
A friend told me when she had hers a nurse told her the best thing was to sleep on the stomach, she said is was painfully but good for you. I have been to afraid to try that, the stomach and laying flat too. Anybody tryed that yet. TAH/BSO.

I woke up the other morning flat on my tummy, boy I felt like I jumped out of bed to check on the incision. It was ok. but I felt so scared I've been extra careful not to do that again.
Unread 12-10-2007, 05:44 PM

No way would I even try to sleep on my stomach at this point!
I just started to sleep on my side last week and can only do that for a few hours at a time then wake up and get back on my back because my incision gets sore.
I asked the Dr about adhesions and she told me she did not think so.
I just hope this pain goes away!
I am also having a problem with having pee alot, mostly at night, it so wierd. As soon as I lay down to go to bed the urge to to go keeps coming even right after I go. I think it my bladder settling from the surgery.
Unread 12-10-2007, 05:44 PM

I'm 7 weeks today.....I've had the same problem on my right side.........I went for my postop today. Doctor told me it shouldn't be anything too serious if over the counter painkillers help. She reminded me that I had a lot of work done. This is major surgery and the healing that goes on inside is massive.

Be patient with your bodies, ladies. They've been through a lot.......try to take it easy. It gets harder and harder to do. I find that I've started to "forget" my limitations at times and that's what gets me into "trouble".

Take care,
Christine
Unread 12-10-2007, 05:52 PM

Out of four absesses that developed along my incision (TAH), I am finally down to one. It has just taken 5 weeks for three of them to heal. But on the good side, I am walking 1 1/2 miles a day. I do have some nerve damage on my right thigh which does cause problems when sleeping on it. Before surgery, I thought I would be back to work by now, and everything would be back to normal. But at 42 years old, I have to admit I am healing a lot slower. I haven't been released to go back to work, or lift anything. Boy what an experience.
Unread 12-10-2007, 06:09 PM

Tigger 2538, I had that. It was a pulled groin muscle. One of the obliques...spelling. So I am not running, but enjoying swimming. A nice safe way to strech when you are cleared for immersion. Good luck, it will feel better after a few day and be tender for a while.
Unread 12-10-2007, 08:27 PM

Up until yesterday, I was feeling great. Today (5 weeks, 5 days postop) I wake up hurting. I had a few cramps yesterday (loose bowels related) and today I feel pretty bad. I thought at this point these sort of feelings would be over but I guess not. I'm going to take some Ibuprofen and get some more rest. I have my 6 week check up in two days.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register