Laparoscopic Hysterectomy: LAVH/BSO - My Story | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Vaginal Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Laparoscopic Hysterectomy: LAVH/BSO - My Story Laparoscopic Hysterectomy: LAVH/BSO - My Story

Unread 12-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Laparoscopic Hysterectomy: LAVH/BSO - My Story

Had my LAVH/BSO on December 5. They removed everything because of many many cysts over the years on my ovaries. I also had a few fibroids and have had a D&C, and ablation in the past for ongoing pelvic pain.

8 am: They had trouble finding a vein for the 18 gauge IV needle. Blew the first one and it burned like fire. I then asked for them to use lidocane before the third try and it was MUCH better. Surgery took 1 hour 5 minutes. Post op I woke up in GREAT pain and the morphine was not cutting it so they gave me demoral on top of that and then I was able to sleep. My husband stayed the whole day and kept pushing the pain button every 8 minutes or so, so I could sleep.

Hard to sleep during the night, very uncomfortable with all the IV's, stocking and inflatable leg things, kept tangling up. I finallly threw half the pillows and blankets on the floor as I was sweating to death.

Next day was better and I could have stayed another day but wanted to be home in my own bed. Switched to pain pills. They also gave me simethicon to prevent gas. I guess it helped some but I am still, at day 5 having pain on left side from gas but I have irritable bowel also and gas really kills me.

Pain meds constipate me terrible even though I am eating lots of fruit and drinking lots of fluids. Dr. nicked something on the way out with one of the instruments and I had a huge hematoma on the right side that swelled and spread. My whole tummy is purple from hip to hip and belly button to pubic. Really sets off ALL the stretch marks from when I had my triplets 22 years ago!

Still having pain, not as bad. Feels worse on the left but I think that is descending colon pain?? Feels like everything wants to drop on the floor. Sleeping a lot but getting up to walk around the house several times a day.

I only have 2 weeks off from work is that enough? I go back for a re-check in two days.

Thanks for listening to my story.

Also, I work in xray at the hospital I had my surgery at so I knew all the nurses etc., so that was kinda weird!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register