Sex after hyst...ughhh anyone else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex after hyst...ughhh anyone else? Sex after hyst...ughhh anyone else?

Unread 12-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Sex after hyst...ughhh anyone else?

I have been dreading this discussion and have know that it is inevitable for me. I am 7 weeks post op, last week we had intercourse and it hurt so badly - a deep burning pain. We used lots of lube but it still hurt. I also feel like my vagina is about as half as long as it used to be. Anyone else out there with similiar situations or experiences?

I mean how much of the vagina do they remove when they do a rad hyst?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2007, 08:57 PM

Iluvchicago,

I'm really sorry to hear of your challenges with intercourse. I'm not quite two weeks post-op, however, I requested a copy of my medical records today. It may not be a bad idea to request your records, then you will know for sure how much if any was removed or if it is more of a vaginal cuff issue.

I wish you all the best and hope you find a comfortable, satisfactory, and blissful solution soon.

SAH for two massive fibroids, 9 inch vertical incision, 40 years old
Unread 12-10-2007, 09:04 PM

dont get down. maybe you need a lil more healing. the first time after surgery for us was 8 weeks and it sucked but each time got beter and beter. do check with your dr if it keeps hurting to be safe nothing wrong. good luck
hugs
lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2007, 09:56 AM

thanks y'all. I am going to call my doc's nurse and ask her about it too.
Unread 12-11-2007, 10:09 AM

Tell us what the doc's nurse says, k?
Unread 12-11-2007, 10:26 AM

Yikes! I am very apprehensive about trying because I'm a big baby when it comes to pain. It was painful before the surgery and really am hoping that things will change now that the endo is gone! Thankfully I have a few weeks to go yet before I may get the go-ahead from the doctor. Hopefully you'll get some answers and things will get better next time!
Unread 12-11-2007, 11:15 AM

Well with a radical hysterectomy they do remove some of the top of the vagina. They also remove some of the ligaments that they normally stitch the cuff to. That being said I was told to wait at least 8 weeks before sex. I didn't listen and did it at 7 and ended up tearing my cuff open and needing emergency surgery. Now I am 3 months post op hyst and I still can't have sex for at least 2-4 more weeks. Please listen to your body! If it hurts do not do it. Believe me 2 or 3 more weeks is a lot easier than 2-3 more months. I learned my lesson the hard way, please learn from me.
Janelle
Unread 12-13-2007, 08:15 PM

I am 6 mths out & it really hurts still. I go baack to dr. in January & will discuss it then. It feels like he's hitting a wall. Husband is very supportive & concerned. Let us know what dr. says.
Unread 12-14-2007, 08:12 AM

my doc recommended estrace cream. he said the length of the vagina did not change even though they removed my cervix. there is a cream that is out there called estrace that relieves vaginal dryness - which is what my doc says is causing the pain/burning. it is an estrogen cream so it can't be used if you have an estrogen positive receptor tumor. even though my cancer was suspected estrogen positive receptor, i am going to try it anyway and make sure I do my follow ups......
Unread 12-14-2007, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvchicago
my doc recommended estrace cream. he said the length of the vagina did not change even though they removed my cervix. there is a cream that is out there called estrace that relieves vaginal dryness - which is what my doc says is causing the pain/burning. it is an estrogen cream so it can't be used if you have an estrogen positive receptor tumor. even though my cancer was suspected estrogen positive receptor, i am going to try it anyway and make sure I do my follow ups......
Please let us know how it goes. I may get the OK in a few weeks, and I want to know if that cream helps. My tumor is suspect also, but I am 31, I can't go the rest of my life w/out estrogen either. We will see. I have to go back every three months, you? I will be praying all is well for you.
Janelle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register