Feel Great except Bowel Pain - Help! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feel Great except Bowel Pain - Help! Feel Great except Bowel Pain - Help!

Unread 12-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Feel Great except Bowel Pain - Help!

Hi there,

This is so gross....but I have to add it. My poop is so nasty right now....when it comes, it just comes, I have to like run. And, it is a big blob in the toilet. Also, it hurts so bad to come out. I told the doc all this and she said bowels change for awhile.....I had diareeah the first week and a half, so the blob is fine! LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2007, 09:20 PM

Oohhh - I had the blob too!! It's better now - hang in there!

At least a place where we can safely be gross - LOL!!!

Starbgirl
Unread 12-18-2007, 05:15 AM

Speaking of blobs....I had to have a CT scan done yesterday and they make you drink 2 bottles of barium stuff one hour before you go and then when you get there they hand you another cup to drink, well let me tell you after the scan and about 1 hour later, I was running to the bathroom with the runs. The technician said the stuff does have a laxative effect so it gets out of your system quiclkly. It brought back the bad, bad memories of the bowel prep!!!

Today, it is the BLOB!!!!!! Hopefully things will get back to normal soon for all of us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2007, 03:38 PM
bowel pain

OK, I checked it out with my doc and she said hemorrhoids were acting up either because not enough fiber or not enough activity. I do have high fiber diet so got back on my feet and walked! Feel better now. Eat prunes and walk.
Unread 12-18-2007, 03:42 PM

My doc suggested Milk of Magnesia. It worked great, no effort on my part at all!
Unread 12-18-2007, 07:03 PM

lincoln lady - I feel you!! I had two CT scans 10 days apart!! How awful is that barium!! They told me to mix it with nestle quick - well let me just say that does NOT help. It was runnung through me for 3 days after each!! And my guts are probably offically glow in the dark forever - LOL!! I am supposed to have one more and since I'm feeling so good now, I'm thinking about not doing it. I just can't face the barium again!!!!

I hope you got good results from yours

Starbgirl
Unread 12-24-2007, 09:18 AM

Milk of Magnisia (sp?) was suggested to me by my doc too - worked wonders with one dose. I mean, things are smooooth sailing, but it started things moving and it relieved the pain of that first one. Kind of diarhia like, but it did relieve the pain. Anything that relieves pain is high on my list!!!

Lynni
Unread 12-25-2007, 07:24 PM

Hi, I just had my TAH, BSO, TOT, and post repairs on 12/17/07. I also feel a lot of pain before a BM, like I'm going to explode. I also have a very odd feeling, like a huge worm is going through my intestines. I can actually see it moving through, very unnerving! Has anyone else had this? I had an extreme amount of endo and scar tissue. I was supposed to have a LAVH, but woke up with an 8 inch scar and no ovaries The Dr. removed as much as he could below the belly button, but wouldn't touch the stuff above it. He said he found balls of scar tissue and tons of endo, adhesions everwhere, wondering if that's causing the bowels to be sensitive.
Unread 12-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Worms and squirms

Quote:
Originally Posted by butter fly
I also have a very odd feeling, like a huge worm is going through my intestines. I can actually see it moving through, very unnerving! Has anyone else had this?
Absolutely! I've been telling friends that my digestive track feels like a scene from an old cartoon where there's like an x-ray view of somebody like Bugs Bunny (or Popeye?) swallowing something and you see it trickling all the way down his insides.

Unnerving? Oh boy, yes indeed. Just last night I realized I have to start using healing visualizations, so that instead of feeling fear or distress when I see or feel this, I can send pure light and love to my intestines. So I'll be trying it.

(So far I've tried so many combinations of softeners, gentle laxatives, teas, antacids, and..... Either I'm running back and forth to the toilet all night, or I feel blocked and frozen in exquisite pain.... Oh, for some normalcy!)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register