Sense of taste changed post-op - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sense of taste changed post-op Sense of taste changed post-op

Unread 12-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Sense of taste changed post-op

Thank you for your post, it's appreciated. I have been on Vivelle for .25 patch for 2 days now.....while still sleeeping "light" I have had 2 full (uninterruped) nights of sleep! Tell me what type of troubles you had? I wasn't on hormones for the first 3 weeks post-op....so I think that had a lot to do with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2007, 06:11 PM

I'm glad to hear the vivelle patch is helping. I didn't have anything like that, but I have always had trouble sleeping the week or so before my periods because of the hormone changes. Just kind of irritable and super alert. I remember reading alot of posts here about girls having touble sleeping when I was looking for answers as to why I couldn't sleep.
It lasted quite awhile.

tw
Unread 12-19-2007, 03:34 PM

Glad to see this topic........My husband(who has been so supportive and helpful with all this) gets really annoyed with me cuz I am not eating very much.....he tells me,I have to eat to get better.............yea, great concept if I was hungry.........

I do eat some.........not much..........had a pb an j sandwich for lunch and ate some pretzels earlier.....(drinking only water--I am usually a Diet coke fiend,but even that doesnt do anything for me right now)

Nothing really appeals to me.......I just told him on the phone I feel like steak and baked potato....hes ready to take me to Outback....Im not sure I would even be able to eat it.........

It is turning into a battle of the wills around here..... He just doesn't undertand why I wont eat more...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2007, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRK4275
Glad to see this topic........My husband(who has been so supportive and helpful with all this) gets really annoyed with me cuz I am not eating very much.....he tells me,I have to eat to get better.............yea, great concept if I was hungry.........

I do eat some.........not much..........had a pb an j sandwich for lunch and ate some pretzels earlier.....(drinking only water--I am usually a Diet coke fiend,but even that doesnt do anything for me right now)

Nothing really appeals to me.......I just told him on the phone I feel like steak and baked potato....hes ready to take me to Outback....Im not sure I would even be able to eat it.........

It is turning into a battle of the wills around here..... He just doesn't undertand why I wont eat more...
My Tah was on dec.5th...and my taste buds are still off. I just now(today)started drinking my Diet Dr. pepper. I have tried all kinds of food and still can't taste anything. I guess maybe I might lose a little weight before going back to work,even though I know we need our food to help us recover. good luck and Merry Christmas.
Unread 12-24-2007, 01:54 AM

Thank you for your reply.....this non-sleep thing is awful!
Unread 12-24-2007, 08:11 AM

Wow, thought I was the only one until I came in here. I had my TAH, (took everything), December 13th. Since then it seemed like my sense of smell had increased. Hubby bought this pine airfreshner to put behind the artificial Christmas tree, and I can hardly stand to sit near it because it's so dang strong ... and it's on the lowest setting. I thought it was just me! I also noticed that I have not been craving sweets, or just food in general ... which is odd for me since I crave sweets like I'm an addict looking for their next fix. This would definitely be a nice side effect to keep!
Unread 12-24-2007, 08:48 AM

Maybe we will be the people who do not gain 5lbs at Christmas. We have goodies trays with things I usually love all over the house. I don't want any of it, and its not me fighting not to eat them I don't want them. Frankly I would welcome this as a permanent change. I have lost 20lbs since my TAH/BSO and I don't want them back. When swellybelly goes I am going shopping. I think as long as we get protein in our system and good carbs of some sort our bodies can heal, and burn off everything we put in it.
Unread 12-24-2007, 11:18 PM

Not only has my tastes changed but everything seems to taste metallic. Ill be sure to be asking the doctor about that one
Unread 12-26-2007, 10:29 PM

Oh my gosh me too! I have been a diet pepsiholic for years and years. Now....it tastes so funny to me! Like somethings wrong with it! Whats up with that?
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:56 AM

I usually don't drink diet sodas (they act like a strong diuretic on me!) but twice since surgery I've had some of my husband's and it really tastes very strange now. Very chemical taste.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register