The big 'O' before 6 week check? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The big 'O' before 6 week check? The big 'O' before 6 week check?

Unread 12-14-2007, 01:14 AM
The big 'O' before 6 week check?

Has anybody here done that? (had the Big O before being cleared by their Gynae?) Im now 4 weeks post op feel 100% ... and NOOOO Im not about to be silly enough to have sex or anything else that will put me right back in my healing .... but I just wanted to know about the big O as at the moment my Libdo is very high for some reason??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2007, 01:27 AM

I would check with your Dr. But my usually quiet Dr. did mention at discharge from the castle, his exact words " no intercourse for 6 weeks" my response was " well Dh is not going to be happy" He then said "there are other things you can do".
My Dr. is not very informative, or vocal, other than the constant "Bare with me" during any concious exam or test. So I was in shock and didn't ask any further questions. Wish I had now.
He did also mention at 1 week post op " nothing in the vagina".
I guess you just get to be creative and always careful.
But I would suggest calling you Dr to be sure, you don't want any set backs.
Unread 12-14-2007, 01:49 AM

No I definitly wouldnt want any setbacks at all .... that is another reason why I will wait until my Gynae gives me the all clear in January .... Im just scared that I may do some damage and put myself back at square one of the healing process
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2007, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickette2
Has anybody here done that? (had the Big O before being cleared by their Gynae?) Im now 4 weeks post op feel 100% ... and NOOOO Im not about to be silly enough to have sex or anything else that will put me right back in my healing .... but I just wanted to know about the big O as at the moment my Libdo is very high for some reason??

I agree, check with your Doc, but I was cleared for sex at 4 weeks. I had a LSH and bladder sling done. The big "O" went very, very well for me
Unread 12-14-2007, 06:30 AM

My husband went for the big "O" a week after the op, but it was too early in the healing process and it was not a great experience. A week later we tried again and it was great! My doctor still does not want to clear me for penetration (I am almost 8 weeks) but having regular "O"'s!
Unread 12-14-2007, 07:54 AM

I brought myself to the big "O" 10 days post-op and told my wonderfully surprised DH about it. I told him "I wanted to make sure I still worked" , I did and it felt good. We had wonderful extrenal outerplay until I was released for intercourse(12/7) . It feels great, enjoy!!!
Unread 12-14-2007, 05:28 PM

I did have the big O before my 6 week and it went well. It's hard to go that long without sex ! LOL Good luck!!
Unread 12-14-2007, 07:58 PM

I had TAH on dec.5, i saw my doctor on the 10th. he strongly discouraged vaginal sex until after my six week check. Don't know if this applies to you,but I also had my cervix removed . He said that because of that there are stitches in there and
if we have sex there is the possibilty of rupturing those stitches and causing my intestines to come out. No kidding, that is what he said!!! believe me there are alternatives my husband would like much better than that...and i can wait!
Unread 12-14-2007, 08:13 PM

Hey Chickette, I actually asked my doc before surgery about external stimulation and he said, "go for it". I knew I wouldn't be able to go for 8 weeks (how long he told me no intercourse). My surgery was a Tuesday and that Friday my libido was on fire! I still waited until 2 weeks out but I have been having the big "O" since then and it's wonderful!
Unread 12-14-2007, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teach3M
I had TAH on dec.5, i saw my doctor on the 10th. he strongly discouraged vaginal sex until after my six week check. Don't know if this applies to you,but I also had my cervix removed . He said that because of that there are stitches in there and
if we have sex there is the possibilty of rupturing those stitches and causing my intestines to come out. No kidding, that is what he said!!! believe me there are alternatives my husband would like much better than that...and i can wait!

Yeap I have had my Cervix removed as well ... and that is what sorta scares me in a way .... is the thought of how many stitches are in there (were in there?) holding me together lol .... I had my surgery on the 15th November and dont get to see my Gynae again until 24th January!!! maybe too much info but oh my gosh thats a long time without 'it'!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register