Had my 6 week check up | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had my 6 week check up Had my 6 week check up

Unread 12-16-2007, 03:33 PM
Had my 6 week check up

Hi ~

I had my 6 week check on Thursday. My 6 weeks is this coming Tuesday so it was a few days early. So many ladies are asking about the check up's I thought I would post about mine.

My Dr did do an internal and it did not hurt. I am still having a peachy colored discharge that is somtimes very light pink. It has no odor. My Dr saw upon visual inspection that my cuff is not fully healed. He said for me to wait until there is no discharge at all and then to wait 3 weeks past that point to resume running, weight lifting, vacuming and sex. He did say I could use my eliptical gently starting now.

I did have some complications so I'm not surprised I am behind, but still I was a little bummed. It seems I'm on the 12 week plan.

In any case, I'm feeling great, a little tired sometimes but otherwise really good. My biggest problem is that I cannot seem to regain even one of the pounds I lost. I know to others that might not seem like a problem, but for me it's frustrating. I look horrible - really, and now that I'm back at work EVERYONE mentions it!! Um - thanks for letting me know how gross I look - that makes my day! I've been trying to add extra calories anywhere I can but so far no luck. I guess my body must still be using them to heal.

Ok that's my mini vent of the day!!

I hope everyone is good or gets to feeling good soon!!!

Starbgirl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Had my 6 week check up

i am curious how long does that pinkish discharge go on for, i am nearing my 6 wk and still have that discharge
Unread 12-16-2007, 05:09 PM
Had my 6 week check up

starbgirl,

I am sorry it is taking you a little longer to heal. Take heart you are not alone. I am still on restriction for everything until my 8 or 9th week and then they have to look again to see. I am six weeks and still have some internal healing to do also. Maybe after everything is healed up we will feel even better because we had extra time to heal.

About the weight issue, it must be hard to have everyone at work remark about it. I am sure when you body is all healed you will gain some weight back. Your body is probably still in shock right now after major surgery. I am sure you will look better then before after you are healed up. And, everyone at work will remark how great you look!

Sending hugs your way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Had my 6 week check up

Starbgirl, Sorry to hear that you have not gained weight. If you want to gain healthy weight, eat protein as much as possible. That will give you strength and your muscles will be happy. Unfortunately some of us can just look at food and gain weight...so for me, I have to make every calorie count!! Take care of you, eat healthy, drink plenty of water and remember to still get your rest. Maybe you need some extra iron in your diet. That really has helped me. My doc recommended slow fe, which is much easier on the digestive system and doesn't bind you up too badly!

Sending you gentle hugs!!
Unread 12-17-2007, 06:02 PM
Had my 6 week check up

Thanks so much ladies for your kind words. I just got home from a LONG work day and they felt like a big hug at the end of the day!

xoxo - we are in the same boat!! I hope your right that the extra time will make us extra better!!

Trish - I may try the iron. I didn't think of that. I have been drinking the muscle milks between meals as thye have 20 grams of protien in each.

Thanks for both of your advice. It is so *touchy* to mention underweight issues. I appreciate the love - we all want to feel good about our bodies and how they look whether that is too big or too small!!

Starbgirl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register