Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 100 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Good Morning ladies- glad to see that everyone is doing well. I am off shopping with my daughters today looking for semi-formal gowns so that should be entertaining. might get myself a couple of new scrubs for when I return to work on Feb 8th. Should feel good to get out and be busy. I am ready to feel normal again. I hope everyone has a good day.
take care!

Deb
TAH 12/20/07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2008, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurelacademy
Please don't delete! I needed to hear this!
ok..........I just cannot believe I posted that for the world to see. My darling dad sometime ssearches for my posts in places to "check up" on me. I sure as heck hope he doesn't see this one.

I felt like we were in high school again with me saying no and him saying just a little touch.
Unread 01-21-2008, 10:17 AM

Leave it!
I'm sure it'll help someone feel more confident when they do it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2008, 10:28 AM

I'm glad you posted! It gives us all hope. Sex pre-surgery was always affected by my painful uterus so it will be interesting to play once healed! My DH is ready to explode as well so I can commiserate. We did play around ext a little bit the other night and there was no pain in the O.

I too am still spotting, but it's just pinkish and only occasionally. I am taking 1 or 2 motrin 800's daily per my nurse's suggestion. They really only help with swelling, never really the pain and I haven't been taking anything usually for the pain/discomfort. Every couple of days I'll need to take one of my tylenol 3's but that's only if I'm feeling shooting pains or the intense ache like last night (felt like bad menstrual cramps).

I do think the motrins have helped my swelly belly as I've been pretty close back to normal for 2 weeks now. I do notice that if I do a lot I'm a little swollen in the evening - but I'm usually back in my yoga pants by then (if I've ever even changed at all!! Ha!).
Unread 01-21-2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmechanic58
ok..........I just cannot believe I posted that for the world to see. My darling dad sometime ssearches for my posts in places to "check up" on me. I sure as heck hope he doesn't see this one.
Hopefully your dad expects you to be having sex with your husband -- I'm pretty sure my dad does, LOL.
Unread 01-21-2008, 10:48 AM

Yes msmechanic58 that's what I meant. No trouble, no pain, and it was fun. I've spent my life worried about getting pregnant. So much more fun when that's not nagging at the back of my mind. Not sure about the O stuff, never have been, but I know I want to do it again, soon. DH is pleasantly suprised at my desire.
Unread 01-21-2008, 10:55 AM

I understand that feeling completely velvet. My dh had a vasectomy 6 years ago. It is a whole new world!

I am glad that I was able to encourage some -- but still embarrassed -- a bit.
Unread 01-21-2008, 11:08 AM

Don't be embarrassed! We're all old girlfriends by now!!

I've said more on here than maybe what I've even said to my DH at times!! Kinda funny!
We've been together for going on 12 years and have never left the bathroom door open - if that gives you some insight into things we don't feel we need to discuss with eachother!! I know - we might be really weird!! Very progressive in some ways, yet very old fashioned in others!
Unread 01-21-2008, 11:09 AM

Hi Molly, I usually just lurk and read everyone's post, but I had to post to your message. My husband is about to explode as well. It is so funny, because my doctor told me one more week.

I too am taking motrin 600 about 2 times daily, but it don't help with pain. Seems like I am having bladder spasms or something weird is going on with the bladder, and some mild back cramps like period cramps.

I can't wait to be "normal" again.

Bobbie
Unread 01-21-2008, 11:18 AM

please forgive for my long post... i need to vent. in a good way!

JAN. 21st, 2008

I am growing up. Finally. I feel it. These last few weeks have affected me in ways I never could have imagined. God knew exactly what he was doing by taking me away from my work for awhile. I remembered that there was SO much more to this life than the freaking MUSIC BUSINESS!!! I have been so wrapped up in getting my next song finished or cut, I was missing out on real life.

I’m finding so much pleasure in little things again. For instance… instead of dreading going to the grocery store, where I usually rush madly through it feeling overwhelmed by what to make for dinner that will be quick and easy, I take leisurely strolls through each aisle. I don’t rush by the little old lady that is handing out samples without even speaking. Now, I take the time to taste what she has to offer and sometimes even spend a few minutes gabbing with her about the weather or something. Something small, but suddenly oh so big to me!! I have the time to play “Guitar Hero” with my 12 yr. Old son. It’s FUN!! I have the time to have long talks with my sister on the phone. I have the time to spend with my step-daughter and find out what’s REALLY going on in her life. I have the time to walk slowly through a Flooring Store with my friend and talk about which tile is our favorite for her bathroom, or my sunroom. I have the time to watch goofy shows like “American Idol” together with the family in the living room. To make dinner and have everyone eat together. I guess I had the time all along, I just didn’t make the time. I’m not going to rush through this life anymore. I need to promise myself that.

I can see the good from my surgery already. And I don’t mean physically. My whole family has gotten closer. They all had to pitch in together to do what I usually try to do by myself. And I think they enjoyed it. It’s helped me, but I think really helped them more. It took us out of our own little world’s and brought us back into one big world together. Thank you God.

When am I going to remember that God knows what he is doing? His timing is perfect. When am I going to stop asking him “Why?” and just trust that He has a plan for me and this is just part of my journey?

After a couple of years of feeling pretty bad about myself, I think I have turned a corner. Have I lost weight? No. Do I suddenly look younger? No. I’m just suddenly comfortable in my own skin. My friends and family LOVE me no matter what I weigh. They love ME. The me on the inside. In my work, everyone is so concerned with how you appear on the OUTSIDE. I’ve been caught up in that. Not anymore. I’m done. I like where I am in this life. I’m ready to be a grandma. I’m ready to buy that Winnebago and travel all over this country. I have been EVERYWHERE already with bands, but never had the time to really look at my surroundings. I want to see God’s beautiful artwork on the landscapes of this land. I’m ready to laugh without worrying about laugh lines. I'm ready to cry without worrying about what people think of me. I’m ready to embrace this new era of my life. One without a uterus. No more babies, but that’s okay. That’s for the younger girls, and I am not a younger girl anymore. I am one of the older ones now. And that’s okay. That’s fine. That’s great! That’s AMAZING!! I can stop mourning my youth, and embrace my wisdom. Yes, I think I am wise now. Not in all things, but I have definitely learned a lot in my 46 years.

I can’t wait to see what today holds……another adventure in Kroger maybe?

Have a GREAT day!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register