Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 103 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-21-2008, 08:56 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

[QUOTE

Even if you use Nice and Easy on your head....there are still give a way spots for some of us of a certain age......[/quote]

I JUST found some of those!!!!! LOL Ugh!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2008, 09:18 PM

My quotes didn't quite work on the last post....duh!

curly... when you say you are taking 600ml motrin, does that mean you are taking 3 over the counter 200ml motrins? That's what I've been doing and it seems to help me alot.

I'm not having any of the itching or dryness, but quite a bit of white discharge. I thought at first it was a yeast infection, but i usually start itching/burning pretty quickly with a yeast infection and none of that has started. Anyone else have the white discharge?

DH is being very patient. We have had a bit of fun with some "outercourse", but we are both anxious to do more. He's still counting down the days....but not in a pushy way. A cute way.

Kirsten, hang in there.... when it rains it pours sometimes, but you know what they say... "God doesn't give you more than you can handle"...... He must think alot of you!
Unread 01-21-2008, 10:43 PM

I love the quote from Sister Theresa "God does not give us more than we can handle, I just wished he did not trust me so much". Considering that life does go on without us I think we are all doing fairly well accepting our down time. I read this somewhere I think it all makes sense.
I believe - That it's taking me a long time to become
the person I want to be and I am still evolving.
I believe - That you can keep going long after you think you can't.
I believe - That we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel. I believe - That either you control your attitude or it controls you.
I believe - That maturity has more to do with what
types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.
I believe - That it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.
I believe - That no matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn't stop for your grief.
I believe - That even when you think you have no more to give, when a friend cries out to you - you will find the strength to help.
I believe - That you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.
I am grateful for this site and the lovely sisters that grace these pages...Good Night Ladies and God Bless all of you with a restful sleep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2008, 10:50 PM

Annie - I'm taking one 600mg from the doc. That's all I've taken since the day after surgery (mixed with extra strength tylenol). Once the morphin wore off that was it for me, my room spun so fast...I can't do narcotic type pain pills they make me feel funny.... I do have a bottle of something in there i think it's percocet?? It sounds like my pain may be normal. As for the discharge I'm having that also but I don't see any stitches yet???
Unread 01-21-2008, 11:31 PM

What a great day it's been on this thread! Thanks for all the greats words of wisdom and insight!
Unread 01-22-2008, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly88
You all have helped me so much! Every time I'm feeling a certain way I log on and sure enough my hsytersisters are going through the same stuff. It is so reassuring not to be alone in this.

I'm having a burning/pulling sensation about 3 inches above my incision. No bleeding and not redness under the flab..hahah just a real bad pain when I bend over or sit/stand?? Anyone know what this could be? I don't think I've over done it cause I really haven't done more than walk??
Thanks

I had burning for about 3 weeks. Somedays I could deal with it and other days, I would have to take Motrin. I said something to my doc and she just said its healing. It has since gone away totally...probably for a week now.
Unread 01-22-2008, 07:03 AM

I'm not having any of the itching or dryness, but quite a bit of white discharge. I thought at first it was a yeast infection, but i usually start itching/burning pretty quickly with a yeast infection and none of that has started. Anyone else have the white discharge?

I have had the white discharge all of my life. I still have it after my surgery. I guess it is normal for me. Unless you have redness, itching, or burning then there is no issue. If there is a strong odor I would have it looked at definitely.
Unread 01-22-2008, 07:06 AM

Kirsten, hang in there.... when it rains it pours sometimes, but you know what they say... "God doesn't give you more than you can handle"...... He must think alot of you! [/quote]

That is lovely way of saying that. Why does God give me all of this at once? Thanks
Unread 01-22-2008, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio61
I love the quote from Sister Theresa "God does not give us more than we can handle, I just wished he did not trust me so much". Considering that life does go on without us I think we are all doing fairly well accepting our down time. I read this somewhere I think it all makes sense.
I believe - That it's taking me a long time to become
the person I want to be and I am still evolving.
I believe - That you can keep going long after you think you can't.
I believe - That we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel. I believe - That either you control your attitude or it controls you.
I believe - That maturity has more to do with what
types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.
I believe - That it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.
I believe - That no matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn't stop for your grief.
I believe - That even when you think you have no more to give, when a friend cries out to you - you will find the strength to help.
I believe - That you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.
I am grateful for this site and the lovely sisters that grace these pages...Good Night Ladies and God Bless all of you with a restful sleep.

That is lovely. Just when I needed to hear it the most.

Kirsten
Unread 01-22-2008, 07:20 AM

"What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger"...that's another good one!

I've had the white discharge also...and the dryness is very irritating...I was not so "aware" of my "va-j-j" prior to surgery and I keep hoping it will all calm down. I can't even think about "outer" play at this point!

Words written about aging are encouraging, I'm just not there yet--not able to "embrace" it gracefully. I guess it will come eventually.
Blessings,
M

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register