Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 105 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Deb - Have fun shopping! Tell us what you buy, I'll live vicariously through your shopping therapy!

I started our taxes last night, and I can say for sure obessing about the 3 P's was WAY more fun!

Entertained DH last night, what is it with men - isn't and O an O regardless of how you get it??? Poor guy, wonder what God was thinking when he made that disparity!

Enjoy the sun those of you that have it, but send me snow!
K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2008, 11:43 AM

I think I'm coming down with a cold. I've got a sore throat. So, i don't want to do anything but baby myself and drink orange juice and eat ice cream. Unfortunately, there's things I gotta do. Like take my son to get his hair cut. It's in his eyes and neither one of us can stand it any longer! LOL

My next Dr appt is Thursday, so I am also making up my list of questions. I hope he releases me for everything--or at least for a lot more than now!

And, Kristen, my DH swears that "it's not the same!"
Unread 01-22-2008, 11:45 AM

I agree with those of you have stated that they expected their surgery recovery to be more like a previous c-section. My c-section was emergency from my placenta abrupting - they literally pushed the anesthesia full force with me on the OR table and my Dr yelling at the anesthesiologist. My recovery was difficult because I retained too much fluid and there were complications during surgery - but somehow it was still quicker and easier than this recovery. AND I lucked out with just having my hys done vaginally rather than abdominally. I too was expecting just 2 weeks out of work, maybe 4 if I had an incision.

Now I'm here on week 5 dreading going back to work and "life" next week!! Yesterday's post about how God works in mysterious ways is so true! I have really reconnected with my family and home during these past few weeks. Your words yesterday really resonated with me! Thanks again!

Everyone - have a great day!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2008, 12:10 PM

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. My recovery time has been weird. I had my parents here right after my surgery ( we had it planned before my surgery) and kids home from university for Christmas. Two weeks after surgery everybody left and I went manic. Had to put decorations away, clean out filing cabinets etc. and now all I want to do is lie in bed and read. Everone kept commenting on how well I was doing, but now I feel like I am regressing. Anyone else like that?
Unread 01-22-2008, 12:24 PM

ckkc24 - I think we've all felt like that at some point, you take the good days and cram everything into them you can, then spend a couple of days exhausted! I felt great the 2nd week post-op, then crushed when I felt bad again, and I can't say I've felt as good as I did then just yet, but maybe it was delirium! It was so good to feel better, I remember it as better than it was? I also forget I'm not 20 any more (thank God - was I ever really that stupid?), so I take longer to heal, but I still can't do everything in a day I'm used to. Maybe God's little way of telling us we need to relax! Don't be hard on yourself, you'll get back to what you're used to doing, and in the meantime, enjoy reading in bed!
Unread 01-22-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckkc24
I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. My recovery time has been weird. I had my parents here right after my surgery ( we had it planned before my surgery) and kids home from university for Christmas. Two weeks after surgery everybody left and I went manic. Had to put decorations away, clean out filing cabinets etc. and now all I want to do is lie in bed and read. Everone kept commenting on how well I was doing, but now I feel like I am regressing. Anyone else like that?

The last few days I have been tired at 5pm. This is the first time since the surgery that I have had any exhaustion during the day. Like you, everyone has been amazed that my energy level is so high and that I haven't warn out during the day. Since I have to go back to work next week, I hope this isn't permanent.
Unread 01-22-2008, 12:25 PM

ckkc there are days that I feel like I am going to do everything I want to get done and then I just cant get it together....I really need to get it together I remember how two weeks before school started over summer I would make the boys go to bed early and wake up early to retrain them for the schedule. I think I better start doing that or I am going to suffer.
Unread 01-22-2008, 01:16 PM
two steps forward and one step back

I think that there is alot of 'two steps forward and one back 'in this recovery process. I have some days when I have felt almost normal. Then there are others like today that can be so discouraging. I got up this morning and had such bad abdominal pain that I could not even stand up straight. It has gotten a little better throughout the day but am still having alot of pain. I have even been a bit nauseaous. I see my doc on Friday. Boy do I have a list of questions for him!
Unread 01-22-2008, 01:49 PM

Yeah, I'm a little nervous about returning to work. I work in a family practice clinic. I return on Tues. 1/29. Luckily, I work PT anyway. My first day will only be 4 hours. I've finally go comfortable about driving. I still can't drive long distances. "Outerplay" has been pretty good, if not better before. However, libido is still a little low. My DH has been really, really understanding, God Bless him. Patience--one day at a time.

Nadine
LSH 12/17/07
Unread 01-22-2008, 02:07 PM

[quote=sassy45]I have a TAH with a mini tummy tuck. A PS was not involved, just got rid of the old scars, and some fat tissue. I am wondering why she left my cervix. She took everything else. I found the out yesterday. Does anyone know why a dr would leave a cervix and take everything else?

Your doctor may have left your cervix to help with bladder incontinence. I did not need mine left because I had a bladder sling. The cervix is left for some reason to help you later in life.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register