Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 106 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

I decided to go to HEB (grocery) to help DH so he would not have to go after work....It wore me out....my right side is really bothering me. I better be up to working in two weeks....if this 1 hour jaunt wore me out I am going to be in trouble.....wah wah wah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2008, 03:20 PM

just came back from my dr. appt,,,gave me return to work feb 7th. i can take baths,,no vacumm for 2 more weeks,,and really cant go back to my old job to heavy of lifting and there is no light duty,,and he said 2 more weeks for sex,,we were laughing and i said how about another 8 weeks for that he said whatever you want i am with you 100 percent,,he said my mass on my ovary was solid and the size of a softball and was twisted when he opened me up ,,,any way bath tub here i come tah/bso dec 21
Unread 01-22-2008, 03:37 PM

Hyster nurse - I will find out on Feb 1. I looking at Feb 10, first day in the new payroll, and that will give me time to get to the minimum 50# weight I have to be able to lift. (I have to lift 75# for the fire dpeartment. ) It's going to depend on the Dr and then I have to go through Occupational Health. I'll let you all know, when I know.
In the mean time, I have 6 minutes left at the library, so I'm going to check other mails. I'll check back tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2008, 05:12 PM

well all the changes at work start tomorrow. I am so glad i went back on monday to get my brain back in work mode.
To those of you still off... make alot of trips running errands and go for walks. I really think it helped me get ready to go back.
that said im tired tonight and I still have to do the lunch making thing and find something to wear- yet again.
take care all...
Unread 01-22-2008, 05:44 PM

Fit&Ready- did you go back full time or part time?
Unread 01-22-2008, 07:10 PM

molly- im part-time, 28.5 hours a week (4 days) my dr said the walking was what really helps the inside healing, so I also have gone back to walking at lunch since ive been back.

this wardrobe thing is the part of returning to work that is frustrating me the most. I only have three pairs of pants that dont bind on the belly!
Unread 01-22-2008, 07:20 PM

I was wondering the same thing about the pants. I tried on some work pants last week and the ones with some elastic and a button zip, or no button zip are OK. If I wear the button zip ones for 12 hours I think I will take off my pants in the car when I drive home,not good for a 40 minute car ride!!!
Saw the hematologist today and blood is holding is own. He just wants me to take a multi vitamin instead of oral iron and we check again in 3 mos. Hurray....if blood stays OK, nothing else to look for...

I might go to WalMart and see if I can find some inexpensive stretchy pants. Problem is I hve to dress professional, if not a suit, than at least a jacket and slacks with "shoes"... hopefully with 2 weeks to go I will deflate a bit more..... have a good night ladies.... - Suzyq
Unread 01-22-2008, 07:24 PM

I am headed to Disney World in three days. Nothing fits. We have a wheelchair rented and many of the rides I cannot ride due to the cast on the foot and the recent Hysterectomy. But I can't pass up a very cheap trip and I get to visit with my parents whom I have not seen in a very long time. I am hearing some of you talk about walking and helping the healing. I wonder if that is why my belly still hurts so much as i cannot walk.

Kirsten
Unread 01-22-2008, 08:05 PM

Hi ladies,

Just checking in to see how everyone's doing. I started back to work full time yesterday and then headed to an hour long Jazzercise class. I was really tired yesterday, but it was a full day and that was to be expected, I guess. Today, I headed back to the office, but I only did a half hour cardio class after work. I'm feeling pretty good. No real issues to speak of. My tummy area hurts a little, like a bruised feeling, but I think that's normal. I really don't notice it until I stretch really hard. I'm wearing all my regular jeans and kahkis, no swelling or discomfort from that.

I'm not going to work out tomorrow night, but I do have another 1/2 cardio class on Thursday and then a 90 minute aerobic/weight/stretching combo class. It feels so good to be back to work and back to working out!

Take care ladies, and continue to improve! Remember, we all heal at different rates, but you'll get there!
Unread 01-22-2008, 08:18 PM

Kirsten - I did DisneyWorld with a broken foot too! I had a walking cast and one of those knee walker things. Be sure to go to guest services to get a handicap pass. You and your "entourage" will not have to wait in a single line! It's almost tempting to break my foot next time I go too!!

Be sure to listen to your body though a rest often. A few afternoons we just sat by the pool too.

Good luck & have fun!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register