Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 108 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-23-2008, 07:08 AM
New Pain after Dr. Follow Up

Hi Ladies! First of all, Thank God for this site!
Anyhow, Saturday I went for my follow up 4 weeks after my surgery. My doctor said that there was some gray and yellow discharge/infection (and that is without the silver nitrate (sp?) procedure) that she wanted to culture and that my cuff was still healing. I haven't heard back regarding the infection but can we talk about pain! Prior to my visit, I was off pain meds and feeling really good. Now, I'm back on the meds, have shooting pains on the right side and am totally depressed that I took such a huge step back! I'm working full time now and have been since the 14th but honestly, all I want to do is sleep - of course that is when I can sleep!
Sorry ladies, just having a bad day. Hey, has anyone else had that gray discharge (which actually I never saw, but was inside me) with out having the silver nitrate procedure?
Thanks as always for listening!
Karyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Good morning ladies-
Hope everyone is off to a good start today. It is cold here in Minnesota again today woke up to -2 degrees. Have a busy day planned which is good....need to get out more so that I can build up to working again, might have to retrain my body to working 8 hours (or shall I say running for 8 hours around like a mad lady). Anyway I think I am finally feeling human again with the exception of that stupid right sided pain every now and then...feels like someone is ripping my insides, ouch! anyway I suppose it is just my gentle reminder that I had surgery and still have to take things easy. I hope eveyone has a great...painfree day.

Deb
TAH 12/20/07
Unread 01-23-2008, 10:20 AM

Good morning all,

I'm paying for sitting at the computer all day yesterday, very sore, but will suck it up because I still have work to do the rest of the week.

For those who mentinoed being down, I've talked to some friends who had hysto's, and it's very common, whether you have HRT or not, to get blue. I have to watch myself every day that depression doesn't creep in. I forget there's so much going on inside my body, I expect to be just like I was before - NOW! Annie was a huge encouragement in the fact I'm not the same, and I need to accept where I am right now, that it's where I'm meant to be, and yet still be thankful and proactive about my emotional well being. It's hard this time of year, the anniversary of my mom's death is around the corner and I'm always more raw now than normal, but if I can count my blessings, even if I don't feel like it, it helps. Who knew recovery would be fraught with so many ups and downs? I certainly don't remember anyone warning me about that!

Have a great day,
K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2008, 10:56 AM

The psychologist at work is encouraging everyone to keep a gratitude journal. She said research has shown that it can have as big an impact as therapy if one uses it on a regular basis. Get a notebook or journal, and each day just list some of the things that you are grateful for, even if you start off with concrete things because life is challenging, she said eventually you will move to the less concrete, spiritual things....even if you start with today I am grateful for my sandwich at lunch....I have started one myself....I think it will be particularly helpful to us at this stage in life... maybe we should start a gratitude thread....What are you grateful (is that the right spelling?) for today??? - Szuyq
Unread 01-23-2008, 10:58 AM

Kristen, Thanks for the reassurance about the blues. I am taking Estrace and I am in terrible shape today. I didn't have blues like this with my ovaries, just lots of pain and overwhelming fatigue. I don't have a problem with the procedure at all either....I'm thankful for it and thankful for the cancer-free pathology report. You have motivated me to call my gyn today for a follow-up since I've been released by the surgeon. Hopefully he can tweak my HRT and I'll find a better state of mind.
Unread 01-23-2008, 10:58 AM

I must be more tired than I thought, I didn't even spell my name right.... maybe that is something to learn to express gratitude about, how about today I remembered what my name is???!!!!! Later sisters - SUZYQ!
Unread 01-23-2008, 11:00 AM

Suzyq, If you start the thread I'd be grateful for that!
Unread 01-23-2008, 11:06 AM

My TAH was on Dec. 21st. Everything went very well and I've followed the suggestions from this site and given to me by my doctor to a tee. Couple of thoughts: Yes, buy Colace and drink prune juice...really helps! If you like being on the computer, try not to spend too much time as I learned the hard way that it's hard on the body after awhile. Also, that burning sensation that you might feel weeks 2-4 post-op is your bodies way of telling you to rest. I think I took off my Princess crown a little too soon so I encourage you to please enjoy this time to feel better and make it about you! Overall, this experience has been much easier than I thought it would be. Good Luck!
Unread 01-23-2008, 11:07 AM

T - the fatigue is the worst! I had no idea they removed my energy with my uterus! Was that on the concent form and I missed it?! Good for you for calling your doc! Let us know what they say.

S - You crack me up! The journal is a great idea, I end my day with "Thank you God for..." and try to list as many things as I can, some days it's as short as "for one more day." but it's good to remember the alternative sucks!
K
Unread 01-23-2008, 11:36 AM
??

just saying hello hope all is well.still having pain in my leg and back and burning in the frount were they cut is this normal?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register