Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 12-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Thanks I think I will because before surgery I had a uti that I did not know about and they gave me antibiotic three days before and a bag during surgery but nothing after that I have noticed that it is getting alittle worse with every trip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-25-2007, 06:46 PM
hysrerectomy 12/21

Hi I am home from the castle. My TAH was 12/21 kept ovaries home by 12/23. Dr had to remove lots of adhesions from previous C_sections. First 3 days was in pain. Morphine did not help much. When I started Percoset and Toradol on the 2nd day, WOw what a change. I took a shower changed into my pjs and walked the halls. i still have to make sure I take the pain meds on the clock or else....Taking Percoset and Ibuprofen at home. I am sleeping on the sectional utilizing the corner. It helps when getting up and down. I was finally able to sleep for 4 hours straight!!! Tomorrow my staples come out. yeah!! One fell off today.. All i n all everything is ok, slowly but surely as they say. Good luck to all other sisters. Will give updates later
Unread 12-25-2007, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soprano2
Everyone heals differently, so don't try to measure yourself up against anyone else's healing -- especially if you're making adjustments in the hormone dept.

I was upset last night for the first time since the surgery, cuz I couldn't be at church singing like I usually do on Christmas Eve. Otherwise I feel lpretty good, which shock the heck outta me, cuz I expected to be worse off than I am.
This year for Christmas Eve church service was hard on me. I really thought I would be up and ready to go, but I just wasn't. I felt bad because my whole family goes and we do pictures every year in the lobby with the Christmas trees my church puts up and we weren't able to do that this year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-25-2007, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio61
Kathy sorry to hear about poss UTI......I am having alot of pain when I go Number 1 I have to really relax before I completely empty my bladder....anyone else going through this is it normal...?
No problems here going to the bathroom besides BM's! May want to call your doctor tomorrow and see what they say!
Unread 12-25-2007, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supportneeded
What is a UTI?
Urinary Tract Infection
Unread 12-25-2007, 08:24 PM

Thanks for the quick responses.....I talked to my brother (who is an out-of-town anthesiologist) and managed to get all weepy when I heard his kids on the phone.. he told me that I was RIGHT to have the ovaries out with all the adhesions that I had - that the possibility of ovarian cancer was a worse possibility that the advantages for keeping my ovaries for hormonal reasons (remember, I'm 51 and past menopause) So, I felt better about it all - he is a very sensible guy with 3 small children and a terrific wife. He told me to know that it'll all be past me soon, and I'll be happy with having all the surgery past me, rather than having to worry about endometriosis and pain from that if I had kept the ovaries. So, I'll listen to my little big brother and be happy that it is all done. Cry a little, but be happy, nonetheless. Buck up, ladies, the best is yet to be, right?
Unread 12-25-2007, 08:48 PM

Right Ann
Unread 12-25-2007, 09:13 PM

"the best is yet to be, right?"

I feel like it already is! I am feeling so good, that I feel totally guilty letting DH prepare dinner and do the dishes (well, maybe not about the dishes! LOL!)! I haven't had anything but ibuprofen today and have managed really well.

I'm supposed to get the staples out Thursday and I'm looking forward to having that over with. Anyone know how long you're supposed to wear the elastic binder? I feel like I definitely still need it and will for a while, but at the same time, I'm getting tired of it!
Unread 12-26-2007, 07:09 AM

Good morning all...I had an awful night for a while... I didn't want to take pain meds until my stomach started moving along so I didn't take anything from 1:30 yesterday afternoon, until 2 in the morning after spending 4 hours in and out of the bathroom trying to "go". At that point everything was so sore and hurt from gas, etc trying to move along that I was in agony. I had to get in bed and rest before I was able to sit up and take the perc, which is actually next to the bed. I was trying to make the stomach the priority over the pain since I had such a good day....BAD IDEA!!!!

I guess thats where the keeping ahead of the pain comes from...all is good and before you know it BAM....I was a mess....
So this morning as soon as I woke up there was rumbling, and I just walked a bit and finally the bathroom efforts were rewarded (TMI - but you guys get the significance of making the simple "poop") I am hoping that once it gets started, if I remain vigilant with my fiber, softener, and emergency laxative (as needed) the worst is behind me.... and this morning I took 1/2 of a perc, figluring maybe it is easier to deal with the pain of going with a little drugs in the system...

Like I said yesterday, best advice is still taking in one day, or less, at a time... thanks for listening... (who knew at 47 I would have soooooo much to say about pooping.... babies and old ladies, the circle of life)
Have a great day sisters, will read your posts and give an update tonight...hope to take a nap soon.... - Suzyq
Unread 12-26-2007, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseMDFan
"the best is yet to be, right?"

I feel like it already is! I am feeling so good, that I feel totally guilty letting DH prepare dinner and do the dishes (well, maybe not about the dishes! LOL!)! I haven't had anything but ibuprofen today and have managed really well.
I know exactly how you feel.........I IMMEDIATELY felt relief just having my uterus removed......I had no idea it was causing me THAT much discomfort!!!!

However, please remember your body's been thru a major trauma.........I thought, "Man, I feel so good, I don't need all those pain med's, I can get up, move around, etc. etc." And then as SuzyQ said, BAM! Whew! You have to crawl to bed, find your med's, and wait for them to kick in.

Ann, I'm glad you're feeling better after talking to your brother. He sounds like a very compassionate person.

My kids "cleaned" the kitchen after Christmas dinner yesterday. I didn't even go in there until this am, and , oh,my ! It looks like a bomb has gone off in there!!!! Their idea of "clean" and mine are obviously slightly different.... Whatever.......I'm going to go back to bed and finish reading my book.

Best advice I've learned........stay ahead of the pain! Even after a week, it'll hit you upside the head!

Blessings, ladies!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register