Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 110 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Velvet-
Almost the same exact feelings, word for word!!

What is "normal" now?!! And when will it appear?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2008, 04:27 PM

hi ladies, I went to Walmart today spent to much and came home with my right side hurting so bad. I have been getting lots of lingering headaches I guess it must be from the climara patch. I am tired today. I bought a new One a Day vitamin that is energy all day. I have never taken any but I thinking that maybe I should be taking something. Anyone on vitamins or supplements that may help with energy. Anyway I am grateful today for the snuggle time I had this morning with DH its nice to be held just because. Love you guys thanks for listening
Unread 01-23-2008, 04:28 PM

I would be pleased to post the new threat on gratitude, HOWEVER, as you have seen I cannot remember how to spell my name, I haven't a clue how to start a new thread.....I think I am going to get a badge made for when I return to work that says...I am going menopausal today, tread lightly... think that will work? I am sure the students and parents in particular will like it....if someone can tell me how to start the thread, or wants to start it, just tell us what you called it and I will be there.... thanks - Suzyq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2008, 04:30 PM

lol yall are so funnie .so good to see good report .looking forward to the beef also
Unread 01-23-2008, 05:05 PM

suzyq- i am grateful of so many things this week i dont know where to start. Healing, a family who takes care of me, a job when i went back to work and understanding co-workers, god, my dh, ds's, my parents...and so much more!
Annie- my youngest ds is so depressed right now-he wont talk to anyone but me and thats only of course when he wants too. I am so worried about him. I wondered if the "grateful journal" would help- but i see you didnt think it would when you were at that place in you life. Do you think a "What Im grateful and for and what makes me sad or frustrated" journal would be a good idea? I wish he understood how scared and hurt i am when he hurts.
Unread 01-23-2008, 05:19 PM
Grateful thread

SuzyQ- I have posted threads so sisters there is a new thread called "I am grateful for....." on the post.
Unread 01-23-2008, 05:19 PM

I am gratful that we all made it through this process. and I know my DH is gratful for when he can deliver the HBI's

take care
Deb
TaH 12/20/07
Unread 01-23-2008, 05:45 PM

I am so happy to have all of your posts to read. I have been comforted by many and had several questions that lingered in my head answered. I do not post as much as some of you but I am always reading.

I started to force myself to get out of the house this week because I go back to work on 2/4 and I do not want to be energyless. I do not see my doctor for my followup until 1/28 and I am really anxious.

I too have more pain in the right side but it seems to be there when I overeat or have a lot of gas. So I guess I need to control my appetite and fart more.

I went to the YMCA today and walked a SLOW mile. It was great. I am exhausted and want to sleep but of course.....I can not.

I too get down, but find that it only happens when I am alone and all is quiet. Then my head starts racing about all of the suffering that I have went through the last several months, and how I almost died, and so on and so forth. But I then remember, that I am here and GOD still has me here for a reason or he would have taken me when my bowels were obstructed and I had not eaten or drank for a week.

So I am truely grateful for another day of breathing, laughing with my children, and looking at my hot DH that I cant wait to get a HBI from
Unread 01-23-2008, 06:24 PM

thanks for setting up the gratitude thread....I am grateful for your help.... - Suzyq
Unread 01-23-2008, 06:48 PM

fit&ready....

you didn't say how old your ds is, but my oldest ds went through a depression stage at 18 yrs. old. He had always been so sweet and out-going and when he started shutting down it scared the crap out of me. He and I were very close and suddenly I couldn't seem to reach him! Like you said, WE hurt when they hurt!! He ended up going to a few therapy sessions, they put him on Welbutrin for awhile and he slowly came out of it. We found out that he needed to work through some issues from his childhood (like me and his dad's divorce when he was 8). Once he worked through it, he was fine. He was only on the Welbutrin for about six months.. then tapered off. I was really proud of him working through everything, and now he's doing amazing!! OH! My ds recently told me that getting back in church and relying on God helped him through it too!!

I think the journal idea for your son is great!! Don't get me wrong when I said that telling myself what I was grateful for didn't help at all. It did. It's just that SOMETIMES depression needs attention like medication or therapy. Hopefully not for very long, but just to help your brain figure out what's wrong. Also, just gently reminding your son that you are THERE to listen and won't judge him if he needs to talk. Hang in there... he knows you love him and he'll come around!!

Velvet.... i'm having the same feelings. I was so up and down emotionally after the surgery, and lately i've been feeling a bit like I've had a labotomy. I don't react much at all... very weird!!

I've finally decided I need to go get the old lady pill box at Walgreens!! Between taking my vitamin, estradiol, glucosamine, mucinex, chantix and sometimes a motrin, I can't remember what I took and WHEN!! ugh! I HATE taking all these pills!!! Well, well... I reacted to THAT, now didn't I? Maybe "labotomy" was too harsh a term.

Glad to hear that most are feeling better!! Hang in there to the ones that aren't... we are all flowering at our own pace!!

Just ate a BIG plate of Mexican..... probably not the best choice if I want to fit back into my jeans anytime soon.. yikes!!

Settling in for AI.....hugs...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register