Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 113 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-24-2008, 09:42 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

I feel a little less like an old lady/patient this morning...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2008, 10:40 AM

Okay Ladies! My dreaded post-op is today. I'm really scared, but also am really anticipating what she has to say. I copied the Q's off the checkpoints on the site and listed where I am at physically and mentally as well as any concerns I have.

I'm bringing along my husband for support, and to help remember what the Dr has to say since it might me lots of info in a short period. I plan on taking 1 of the 2 valium they are prescribing which brings in a new set of worries as I'm not sure how my body will react to it. The last time I took valium was almost 4 yrs ago when I had lasik on my eyes.

I think I'm worrying myself too much. I've heard posts from ladies here saying everything from it was no big deal, to it really hurt. I seem to be spotting more yesterday and last night and was miserably sore again last night too.

I sound like a big baby, but as another sister posted, this is the only place I can truly share my real thoughts and concerns. I have to try and act tough with others so as not to displace my sadness, anxiety, etc.

Well, I had better drink my coffee and hop in the shower. Wish me luck! Wishing you guys the best today too I all your different goals for the day! I will post back tonight.
Unread 01-24-2008, 11:18 AM

You women are wonderful. I didn't know what HBI was either and now I am LOL. Thanks. I look forward to your postings every day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2008, 11:23 AM

Thanks Annie, That does give me a bit of relief. Plus I am going to a Cancer treatment hospital for all this thays where my Oncologist worked out of, Karmonos Cancer Inst. And Ive been reading where the Radiation treatments have changed over the yrs. to not be as damaging but I have lots of ???'s for the doctor that will be doing this. LOL!! Guess I am my own medical control freak....Thanks again, MiMiLu
Unread 01-24-2008, 11:26 AM

mmrl - GOOD LUCK!!
Unread 01-24-2008, 11:30 AM
Kristen Same here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwinner
Hey Girls, I hate to be a party pooper, but I'm wicked uncomfrtable tonight! I'm actually thinking about taking my first pain pill in weeks! I feel like somebody is whacking me in the back and lower belly, and I wish they'd quit it! I did nothing today, actually woke up exhausted (the Ambien helps with sleep yeay!) so I made breakfast and took a nap! I can't blame it on doing too much. Oh bother!

K
I am the same as you today and feel actually relieved to here you say it. I was operated on the 20th too. My 5 week check up is tommorrow and I will meet the Radioligist Oncoligist at this appt. Not a happy camper. But anyways my tummy hurts like hell today I think it's more like from within...Could it just be the healing thing going on? I also have not overdone anything. I am being very careful since I had a serous wound that has leaked for 2 weeks or more now of pus and watery discharge. It has finally stopped but my back is killing me and my tummy so I took extra strength Tylenol, Gonna shower and go to sleep. Hug's 2 all!!
Unread 01-24-2008, 11:35 AM

MiMiLu52 - Make sure your doc knows about the puss and discharge, even if it seems better! Do you have a fever at all? The pains are probably what I've heard refered to here as things "waking up", at least I'm hoping! Some days are better than others, but if it's severe, and you're worried before tomorrow, call today! Let us know how it goes, and how the rad/onc is too.
Unread 01-24-2008, 11:58 AM

Spenrn, I had same thing happen to me a little hole devoloped and it began seeping watery bloody fluid from it and even some gross looking thinck yellow goop. Never any bad smell tho. It did that for 2 weeks they said it was called a Serous. But I called Dr. several times it really bugged me and they finally put me on antibiotics I think caz I kept bugging them. The the last day of drainage I sat down on potty and a big plop of goop shot out to the floor and that was the end. I kept 4X4's on it all the time caz it drove me nuts draining all the time. I'd check with Dr. if it keeps up tho.
Unread 01-24-2008, 12:25 PM

hello eveyone hugs to my sisters.went to see docter today all she said about pains was put some ice on it made me so tired i am so happy yall are all here to listen thanks for yall support
Unread 01-24-2008, 12:30 PM

Obviously not a woman who has had a hsyterectomy - we all have SO much more to say on the subject!

I'm BORED! Trying to work, but you all are so much more entertaining!
K

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register