Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 114 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

kwinner yes i did on 12-26-07 it not i don,t have much to say some of us just don,t say much .still praying for us all .and i also enjoy the site.you learn so much and you don,t feel alone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brboatwright
I am going crazy, I need a hair cut and I swear it is falling out. I have naturally curly hair that has always seem to shed a lot but goodness....this is like male pattern baldness type sheding. When I mentioned to my DH he laughed and said ......well you still have two head fulls of hair left so stop complaining

What has everyone done to make themselves feel attractive. I feel like I look like herman monster. In the beginning the hot showers were great, but now I need something to make me feel womanly.

I still weigh the same amount as before surgery but I can't wear any of my pants. I think I saw someone else post something similar. My DH says to be patient and that I am still healing.......O'well........I guess it do not help watching the movie goodluck chuck with all of the skinny woman getting HBIs. I told DH that the movie was like torture...but funny at the same time.
brboatwright--
I'm one of the ones whose pants still don't fit...although at times I force myself into my expensive jeans to go out and wear a pained, winced expression that my boyfriend finds hilarious because I'm suffering for my vanity...

What do you do to make yourself feel attractive? How funny because I was shopping today and having a hard time thinking about this too. There are times when I look in the mirror and think: ewww. Never a modest person, I now avoid looking at my stomach when naked. BUT, I make myself get up each day and get ready (shower, blowdry/style hair, put on a bit of makeup) and that helps. I also have shopped for cute tops that are a little looser around the stomach and show off other body parts...although lingerie shopping was a bit depressing because my body doesn't look like it did yet... Lastly, I treated myself and my sister to massages, manicures, and pedicures and booked a bikini wax...any girly stuff I can do helps make me feel normal and attractive.

Now if I could just stop being up down up down emotionally...ready to bite someone's head off, cry, and take a nap all in a five minute span, I'd be ready to go back to work! (with teenagers no less...)
Unread 01-24-2008, 03:00 PM

sasalighting591 - I didn't mean you hadn't had one, I meant the doc who said just ice it! Very sorry, didn't mean to sound insulting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caa00
Lastly, I treated myself and my sister to massages, manicures, and pedicures and booked a bikini wax...any girly stuff I can do helps make me feel normal and attractive.
I did the bikini wax thing before my surgery. NEVER AGAIN -- it hurt too much!!!
Unread 01-24-2008, 05:09 PM

annie and kwinner- thanks for your thoughts about my ds.
right now is adiment about not talking with anyone- i found out today through my oldest ds girlfriend (she knows his art teacher) he did tell that teacher how he's feeling. which means he is least talking about it. i will keep the meds in mind, he does take st. johns wort right now and we just increased it this week to twice a day to see if that helps. Also he wanted to redecorate his room, paint and all- so im letting him do it all by himself. figured that might be good therapy too.

well i made it through my four day work week. today i totally blew one task, my brain just wouldnt engage. everyone is like- dont worry about it, you just got back. wonder how long i can use that one? lol. Overall i dont seem much more tired this week, in fact I hit the gym and did 2 miles on treadmill and 1 on eliptcal after work. ok so then brain engaged- guess i should have gone before work.

HBI, ahhh- i will have to tell my dh that one- he is down to counting the minutes... wants to move up the day by two - because its his birthday. im still not sure on that. (we will see, TMI- but maybe a sneak peek)

im off til monday so maybe i wont have four pages to read up on now... you gals been busy.
Unread 01-24-2008, 05:12 PM

I survived!! Yay! She still isn't sure what all is wrong with me though as I still experience pain when she touches certain areas internally that were not included in the surgery. It was waaaay less painful now though. Luckily the valium didn't make me too loopy. She does think that I suffer from an overall hightenend sense of anxiety, which she said was evident in the paperwork I prepared and brought with me to the appt. Ha! I'm an event planner - what does she expect? Planning, research, and organization are imbedded in my DNA - to a fault sometimes!! So this level of anxiety probably attributes to a lot of the pain I feel. I tried to get her to admit maybe I was acting like a hypochoncdriac then, but she wouldn't!

Basically I'm released for just about everything (including HBI's), just to listen to my body and try not to EVER lift anything over 25lbs again. She said that really women over a certain age should never lift too much because of all the things that can go wrong internally. Having a hys and disruption of those organ's placemt just furthers the opportunity for something to go seriously wrong and "fall out".

I'm planning to drive tomorrow, go tanning, and maybe take my dd to get a pedicure w me at the local beauty school.

I will return to work on Wed, the 30th, and only for 1/2 days for the first week. I called my boss and she is ecstatic! They are taking me to PF Changs my first day back!

I feel so much more at peace and hopeful after my appt! I will have bloodwork to check my thyroid levels and then also another follow up appt in a few months.

Yippee! Im on the road and turned a bend!

Thanks to so many of you that have really been so helpful to me during recovery!!
Unread 01-24-2008, 05:25 PM

Okay, first a disclaimer, I feel horrible that I hurt someone's feelings, and I have been known (oh so often to my chagrin) to shoot off my mouth before I think how it might be taken by someone. So to all, esp. sasalighting 591, I apologize, and will check my mouth before I speak or submit (I sent you a private too).

F&R, I'm glad he's talking to someone, and the redoing the room is huge! Good for him!

mmrl - YEAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've officially said more than my peace today, night night.
K
Unread 01-24-2008, 05:34 PM

Woo Hoo! I had my post op appt today. She released me and said see ya in a year. I asked if if I needed to watch what I lift, etc. and she said no restrictions. Yippee, back to work 1/28. (UGH!) This site has been a wealth of information and entertainment. Thanks! Good Luck to all!

Take care.
Unread 01-24-2008, 07:17 PM

Ok Why are the Weepies hitting after almost 6 weeks post op? I did loose my ovaries and am now taking HRT. I have lost about 10 pounds and actually fit into my fat jeans today. I guess that is what I am going to be wearing on the airplane tomorrow. I have just been blessed with a trip to Disney. I will enjoy it from a wheelchair but I am excited all the same. I wonder about some of the rides and my belly. My foot is doing great. I cannot put full weight on it but I am getting there.

How did some of you lovely ladies deal with the weepies? The littlest things set me off. I love my boyfriend to pieces but any comment just sets me off. I know, I know he is a male. I keep telling myself that. I just feel so helpless with not being able to help out around the house. I can't help with laundry or dishes on crutches. I have managed to cook a little if someone can fetch things. After I plate things up I have to have my honey bring my plate in. I feel so worthless. I need to be very careful with how much I walk but the guilt of feeling useless is going to tempt me to walk much sooner then I should.
Unread 01-24-2008, 08:39 PM

Any weepies I have are short-lived, and mostly happen when I'm tired. Quite frankly, they were worse before the surgery...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register