Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 115 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Bethany and caa00.... I'm like you ladies.... haven't changed my actual weight much but can't fit into my jeans! Even my "big" jeans.... i have several different sizes in my closet, depending on my bloating at the time!!

I went to work for a bit today (in yoga pants) and actually had no problem singing... we relieved about that! However, after about three hours, I was starting to notice the swelly belly attack and I was also pretty tired.... so I came home and slept until 7pm!! Now I hope I can sleep tonight....

Hubby's leaving again on tour for the weekend.. guess I'll try to get together with some girlfriends a bit. One more week before work full-time again... i'm getting sad. I'm kind of getting used to being a princess!! ha!

mmrl and totally confuse... congrats on the good dr. visits!!

dh just asked me if he can officially start the "7 day countdown"... (tomorrow is 5 weeks post-op, so you know what that means!)....LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2008, 10:12 PM

Hi Ladies I just wanted to check in. I went to see 27 dresses by myself today it was really cute I will have to buy the video to watch over and over. Then I went to get a hair cut I looked like a witch already.
K- Its okay you really did not mean to insult anyone the post just posted right after
F&R I always get tired when I read your posts your way to energizer bunny for me.
MMRL and Totally confused Congrats on good check and release for HBI
F&R glad your letting kiddo redo room will do some good to express himself

Good Nite ladies tomorrow is another day.
Unread 01-24-2008, 10:14 PM

Okay now that a lot of us have gone to our post ops or have them in the near future, I found some humor while preparing for mine today.

As I showered and got ready I realized how each time I see my OBGYN I spend extra time showering, shaving all those nooks and crannys, legs, exfoliating my feet, new polish, break out my "good moisturizing lotion", etc. Here I am - absolutley no physical attraction to my Dr, yet still preparing myself as if it's a special night out with my DH. Which is pretty funny and ironic since she probably doesn't even notice if her patients shave their legs shaved or not. Yet, still the same I feel compelled to make a "good impression".

Pretty ridiculous!! Does anyone else find themselves doing this before a "woman's exam"?!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2008, 10:26 PM

I had my post-op today, too. This Monday coming will be six weeks and he said I'm released for anything then. He said everything looks fine.

I have to see him again in two months and every three months after that (for a year?). He will do pap smears at these visits even though I don't have a cervix. He'll be "smearing" at the uppermost point, which is where a cancer recurrence would happen if it were to happen. I questioned him about the pap smears and no cervix thing. He said that all the guidelines are changing because of the epidemic of HPV--and he called it an epidemic. He said by the time they are 50, 80% of American women will have it!

Well, anyway, I'm glad to have this visit over and know that I am officially doing fine.

Molly, when I was younger, I did the whole big shave, etc. thing. But now I'm 43 and I mostly just make sure to wear socks! (It's always cold in the Dr's office!) Especially after I literally bled all over my gyn.'s office twice (!), I didn't think having a bit of hair on my legs or whatever was going to embarrass me!
Unread 01-24-2008, 10:55 PM

OMG, I have the funniest story about the prep for GYN. I heard this years ago, she took extra care, just like you talked about M, and she grabbed a towel on the counter to make sure she was exta clean down there. She went off to the doc and he mentioned he noticed she had taken extra care this time for her visit! Well, she gets home and the towel she used is on the floor, only then does she realize her young child had used it to clean up a glitter spill!!

Housefan - I had/ have HPV - does it go away when you don't have a cervix? I had cervical cancer, a recurrance of what are they looking for with you? My doc said no cervix, no cancer - I love my doc, but am I missing something?

S and A, thanks!

I'm so happy for you all who had good appointments!!
K
Unread 01-24-2008, 11:42 PM

Kristen:
I had heard that glitter story before! Hahaha! It may have been in a magazine or something? Pretty funny!

HouseMDFan: I know it's so dumb to get all cleaned up and snazzy. Which is why I realized it was so funny. Reminds me of that country song that's says something like 'I shaved my legs for this?' I know it was in a different context, but still funny.

That's pretty scary about the HPV projections. I've never had a conversation with my Dr on this subject. Should I have?
Unread 01-25-2008, 05:06 AM

I also started getting weeping this week (the 6th week). I had read on here about 5-HTP so I went and picked some up. I take 1 at night before I go to bed. I think its helping. I also started taking a B-complex in the morning. I definitely make sure I get out to walk in the morning irregardless of tempature or weather. For me, if I get moving right off in the morning, my spirits stay up during the day.
Unread 01-25-2008, 06:43 AM

Good morning ladies I don't even think I posted yesterday... I had an 11 appointment a 1 appointment ate lunch out in between, went to the market to pick up dinner, picked up daughter at bus stop and had a major attack of the CRANKIES!!!! I needed to get off my feet soooo bad, everything hurt, really achey back ( I have been see the chiro. 2X a week for the last two weeks!!!) As tired as I was, I couldn't nap, which isn't like me, I love to nap...by 7:00 I had trouble keeping my eyes opened. I tried to stay up and finally got into bed at 9. I slept OK except for the usual two trips to the bathroom....is that what's going to happen when I go back to work???
My attitude has been OK but when that fatigue kicked in, oh boy....wasn't weeping, but irritable and miserable..... Has this happened to you ladies....I am trying to force myself to walk more becaue my back is due to tight hips and ham strings so despite the discomfort, I need to keep moving....
F & R I have two high maintenance teens, both on meds for assorted issues...we have been thru many ups and downs....make sure they know you will be there for them always (might not like your choices, but I love you), if this applies... there are moments of light that grow from a little glow to a bright stream, it takes time, hang in there....
Annie - a girls weekend is nice sometimes...enjoy whatever you do...

having a hot flash at this moment...how nice to be able to share it with all of you..
today Ihave the chiro at 10 (he is going on vacation for the next week. boohoo...) get daughter at school at 1 and maybe have a late lunch with a friend. Hoping for a quiet day.... my parts hurt!!!!
Hope you ladies have a great day and I look forward to reading about you all and checking in tonight....boy I guess I made up for not posting yesterday.....Suzyq
Unread 01-25-2008, 07:21 AM

scorpio- too funny, my neighbor called me "energizer bunny" last summer when i had walked and biked by his house at different times same day. lol. Anyway, its nice to be able to bounce along again- or to some extent.

suzyq- Its reasuring to here others are/or have delt with teenage simulair situtations. last night i thought of different approach to try. He says he wants to be a music director for hs-so i told him "about those answers god is giving u that u dont see... Maybe your going through all this so some day you can say to "one or more" of your future students... i know where your coming from and help them." I could see in his eyes that this made him think- which could be good or bad. As you can see im reaching here.

congrats to all who had good post op visits and the all clear for HBI!
i had my post op a week ago, and was told to wait til the six week mark. now I kind of wish i was having another exam before my all clear the end of next week. (dr. said i didnt need it- well maybe not from a phys. point of few- but the mental ok would be nice) It will be 50% mind over matter i think.

well off to get some laundry and house cleaning done- its amazing the little pick up stuff we do while we were off really helped- and now back to playing catch up.
Unread 01-25-2008, 09:20 AM

Morning Ladies,
Its another cold and gloomy day here so wondering if I should go to the movies and see PS I love you or do some light house work. I just can't get my enery up.
Molly I am 46 and have a female ob/gyn and I still make sure that I prep everything. I even try to make sure that it is always a morning appt so I can be "fresh" I don't go until the 31st. The one thing I hate is shaving and then getting cold so that goose bumps make my legs feel not so smooth.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register