Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 118 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-26-2008, 06:05 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

kwinner- finally remembered term: ds has auditory processing problems. like i said so wierd cause he plays in ensembles with other musicians and by ear. I think its something about a different part of the brain though.

Well finished trimming ds room at 2:30 and didnt move much after that. it was a bit much to do i think. I need to pace myself.

Ok this is scale freak out time! it was up 4 pounds in one week!geeze whats up with that? i have not eaten anything different. I was back to my desk job, but walking at lunch... and busy in the evening. all i can think of is that i started to lift some weights this week- could muscle mass be returning? i just hate the numbers going up that fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2008, 06:42 AM

good morning....I was thinking the same thing....I bet once I start my weight training again the numbers will go up, then go down again with a clean diet. I was thinking that once I add back the physical activity I should limit my scale monitoring. Right now, I weigh myself everytime I go in my bathroom and most of the time it doesn't make sense. I do think I am more sensitive to salt than in the past and don't know wahts up with that. The last couple of days I have not had as much water as I did early post op and had pizza last night (just 2 slices) and my hands feel puffy this morning. I think until I get back to more activity every bite seems to count and unfortunately for me...my appetite is back....but craveings and taste for sweets is different....

On the agenda for today is hair cut and color again....it is 2 weeks earlier than usual because I had to put it off after the surgery...she has me in her book every 5 weeks for the rest of the year and I didn't want her to change the whole book (anyone else having a personal summer this morning or am I on my own...) I figure a little freshen up before going back to work will be OK. Other than that, a quietish day I hope....food shopping if I can find a partner to help with the baggage.

Dumb thought...my mom use to say her arm pits would burn when she had a hot flash...i only had that once...most of the time my face gets hot, my forhead sweats and I get sweaty on my neck and the creases where you bend your arms....hope you all have a good day......keep posting and I will check with you all later...- Suzyq
Unread 01-26-2008, 06:44 AM

oops..under the boobs too is another spot that seems to "wake up" during the hot flash...and mostly in the morning it is triggered when I drink my hot coffee and have my breakfast....guess the metabolism is waking up too.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2008, 09:15 AM

Good morning ladies....

I am fighting the urge to do some HEAVY duty cleaning this morning!! DH is out of town and ds is at a friend's so I'm all alone today. I get these urges to start cleaning and organizing like crazy, but when I do that, I always start moving furniture around, which I KNOW is NOT what I need to be doing!! It's like I want to purge out all the old stuff around me and get a fresh perspective of my surrounds. I want a fresh start with the new me and I want everything around me to reflect my new self. Maybe I'm just tired of looking at the same four walls since I've been in my house SO much the last month. I guess I better not do anything too extreme. I'll just start with the swiffer and see where I get from there.... surely I can do a little vaccuming too...??

Went out for Mexican with a girlfriend last night and then to a club to hear an awesome band..... Had a couple of Margarita's too.....<sigh> that will NOT help me get back into my jeans, now will it??? My first show is Feb. 12th... if I have to get on stage in my YOGA PANTS I will be HORRIFIED!!! LOL

Anyone tried any sit-ups yet????? I'ma feeling the need......
Unread 01-26-2008, 09:31 AM

i to want to redo and have a big problem with wanting to move furniture,,i did take on a project,,i took the chair rail off in the kitchen,,and i am now faced with patching holes and then repainting,,i have to figure the color out,,but i want a renewed life also,,i have been spotting some light pink called them and they said it was from the exam,,feeling pretty good,,i need to do something constructive,,instead of just doing little and being on the pc,,i have to return to work soon,,which means finding a job,,cant go back to my old one to much heavy lifting and they have no light duty
Unread 01-26-2008, 09:53 AM

Good Morning all,

I have been having scale issues as well. Sometimes 3-4 pounds loss or gain in a day, but all hovering in the same general range. I have decided it is inflamation, healing and the resulting fluid shifts. Muscle does weigh more then fat, but I don't think we should be lifting the kind of heavy or repeatative weights yet that would cause rapid building of muscle mass yet. Of course when you are sore after a work out that is inflamation and often causes a short term gain in water weight. I pray next week I am released to the gym. I was told no abd work or kegels until I am cleared at 6 weeks!

Saw friends for dinner last night. One of the women has her Hyst 3-4 weeks before us. She is back to all activity, but still tired and occasional aches. I am thinking more and more the 6 months to 1 year to really feel 100% normal is accurate!! I guess for me another much needed lesson in patients and acceptance.

I have a birthday party today at the house for my 7 year old another 10 or so kids. Pray for me
Unread 01-26-2008, 01:12 PM

Good afternoon ladies....just wanted to check in and say HI. Nothing special going on just a lazy Saturday. Hope you all do well.
Unread 01-26-2008, 01:18 PM

Nothing much going on here either, a little freezing rain, maybe snow tonight and Sunday! Yippee!

Hope you all have a great day!
K
Unread 01-26-2008, 01:54 PM

Hi ladies

Today I had my 6th week post op visit to the doctor, he had to remove three granulomas, it was really uncomfortable but besides that he said everything is healing good, I still don't have the Ok to exercise, my next check up will be in two weeks.

Have a nice weekend
Unread 01-26-2008, 02:42 PM
My four week checkup

Hi ladies I hope this finds you all doing really well. It is a beautiful spring time day here in Kansas so we are just enjoying the day.

I had my four week post-op appointment Friday and all is going really well. I was cleared to do a few more things here in the house, and I returned to school on Thursday taking classes twice a week.

I was told I could start some exercising at least, he limited me to walking on the treadmill for 20 minutes a day. I also got my pathology report and it was a bit un-nerving. My fibroids were rather large, and they found quite a bit of endometriosis in regards to the fallopian tubes. All and all it wasn't surprising according to my doctor that I wasn't able to get pregnant.

My hormone therapy is doing really well now that we know the generic patch breaks me out and I'm back on the the Climara ( I think ).

Also we found out that the leg cramps and restlessness was a possible side effect of the patch, but the doctors ( my ob and my family doctor ) both agreed to place me on Requip for restless legs for the time being.

All and all I am doing really well, and today is a good day. I am still able to sleep on my side ( being doing it since the first night at the hospital) but I miss sleeping on my tummy...

Well that is my update, I do hope this finds everyone doing so well, I am so eternally grateful I found this site, and the ladies that have helped me through this huge moment in my life.

to you all,
Sable

P.S. Has anyone done anything special to celebrate or atleast mark this time in their lives....I'm just curious ???

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register