Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 119 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-26-2008, 03:05 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

thanks all on the back up on the weight thing - i know last week i was down more than i thought and then it went back up.

I was told NO ab work until after the 6 week mark. so next weekend ball sit ups here i come! I need to focus on those lovely love handles too.
Today dh and i went to the gym, groc shopping-we hadnt stocked up since before surgery. 170. yikes. and then went fan and carpet shopping for ds room. now off to help re-arange where i can- no furniture moving- spirofan thats IS frustrating.
have a good night everyone
oh and suzyq hope your hair looks great for back to work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2008, 04:59 PM

Aside from a trip to the store, I've been in the chair all day. It's like the illness that my stepdaughter has is trying to infect me, but I don't have a fever, just really tired, and two steps from being all-out achy. Still a bit disconcerted at parts of my skin on my abdomen being numb. We had a break in the rain today, but it's getting ready to come back. So I'm in a holding pattern today, la dee dah. :P
Unread 01-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Missed 5 week chk up

You are not gonna believe this one. The hospital I go to for my Oncologist Surg. Is almost an hour away in traffic. Had a 2pm appt. and my hubby had to leave work early again...And as we rounded the corner to the sitting area it was empty...Usually full. And I had to go to the bathroom so bad so my husband calls this nurse in the back and she comes out and says...The Dr,Isnt here today you should have gotten a call or a letter. I said well I got neither one. She says well do you have a voice mail or machine...And I said No but for what I am HOME!! And trust me the phone goes where I go and nobody called and no letter. Well I went to the bathroom, And came out and guess what ???another woman there that also was not notified!!! Boy am I gonna tell him about this That was just rude. Like my DH hasnt missed enough work with all this mess. So now I go Tuesday. And the belly serous spot had stopped leaking now it's doing it again, I'd have liked him to see the darn thing. Besides my back hurts, I am so tired and the only good thing about all this is I have lost 26 LBS> since I have left the hospital, So now it's a total of 49 lbs. gone since I began my earnest efforts to lose this fat. Yeah!!! Hope everyone is doing better this week. Oh I am not allowed to do more than walk says my dr. Then on the 8 week appt he will tell me what all I can do, I met a lady that had the same surgery 7 years ago and she said PLEASE do not lift do not push or move or vacume any thing...Wait wait wait. She said it takes a good 6 months to feel better and 1 full year to recover. Well night everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2008, 07:27 PM

Hi Ladies - You must all be having a much more interesting evening than I am...no one seems to be home. I went out to dinner with my son, took my daughter to and from the mall and have been watching awful TV on this glorious Saturday night.... what have you all been doing.....

My hair cut and color came out nice but will never look like it does today when I head back to work. I did some upper body work at home this morning and tried 1 minute on my elliptical, just wanted to see what it felt like. I have my 6 week check up on Tues. which is really 5 1/2 week.

Tomorrow should be yet another exciting day....supermarket I guess ...maybe lunch with friend.... do have some work to do for work before I go back...amazing what a great job of procrastinating I can do...have a good evening and I will check in with you ladies in the morning - Suzyq
Unread 01-26-2008, 07:32 PM

Guess I better hold off on those sit-ups for another week or so.. drat!!

Didn't do much at all today... after saying i was going to clean, clean, clean....I didn't. Not one bit. I had a bunch of energy early in the day but then it suddenly went away. Went grocery shopping with dd, made some dinner, and now i'm watching the Miss America pageant. I have no idea WHY i'm watching it because it's seriously about to make me barf looking at all these girls waltzing around in bikini's and there is NOTHING JIGGLING on their bodies!!! I mean NOTHING!! The worst part IS that I was IN those pageants when I was younger... 20 yrs ago.....seriously, I'm going to throw up now.

I'm going to have a glass of shiraz before the evening gown competition starts. Why am I torturing myself like this??? I can't turn the channel!!! I can't turn the channel!!! aaarrggghhh!! Go Miss Tennessee!! LOL
Unread 01-26-2008, 07:58 PM

Hi Ladies,
I thought I lost you all. It's funny how I don't even know you and yet I check my mail to see if my hyster sisiters are there. When I logged on today and didn't see "reply to post" I went looking for the thread that someone said they started????
I'm just glad I found you... today was a rough day for me? I felt very lonely, and disconnected from the world around me. It sure didn't help that the scale read up 4 pounds! Yeah, I'm like some of you jumping on the scale every time I go to the bathroom. I've always struggled with my weight, I guess I had this false sense of hope that my hysterectomy was going to somehow produce a 20lb. uterus!!! wouldn't that be nice. M
I guess I just wanted a little more attention from the hubby than I'm getting. He's been sick and very busy with work, and I guess he's just used to me being ok and independent. I wish he really understood how much I need to be taken care of????? Sometimes being a strong woman has it's down side.....everyone always thinks you can handle everything...
Well, sorry for such a long and depressing post, i just need to get some things out there.
Thanks for being out there!!
Unread 01-26-2008, 08:13 PM

I'm alone tonight, my DH had to take his daughter to urgent care, her fever kept going up. So much for sleeping it off. So I'm doing laundry and going back and forth between the news and HGTV. I wish I had gotten formal clearance for a tub bath, I forgot to ask -- but if one is cleared for HBIs a bath surely must be OK?
Unread 01-26-2008, 08:23 PM

Curly.... have you told your dh that you would love a little extra attention from him right now? He might respond immediately!! i know my dh sometimes gets wrapped up in things, but when i give him a nudge he's quick to show he cares!!

Soprano... hope your step-dd is okay... prayers out to her! Also, I got the clearance from my dr. for baths at my 4 week check up, so I would think you would be cleared as well!!

P. S. In case anyone wants to know...Miss Michigan won. The self-imposed torture is over!!!!
Unread 01-26-2008, 08:57 PM

Hi Girls,

My - throw out the scales! That doesn't mean don't be healthy!

Freezing rain turned to just rain -

I can't figure out how to set up a new email account on my dd's computer I just had networked - so I'm feeling old and incompetent this evening! I think I need a spa day - or a big lottery win to lift my spirits! Hey, if I win the lottery I'll spring for spa days for all!
K
Unread 01-26-2008, 10:04 PM

Wow. It really is amazing how much I enjoy reading these posts. I finished my first 1/2 week at work and begin my first full week on Monday. The pace will be picking up because we have two days of full classes scheduled in the media center. I'm looking forward to it, but not sure my energy level is adequate to meet the challenge. I was cleared by my doctor last Wednesday at my 5 week appt. for all activity, but am still very nervous about "any" sexual activity. Fear shuts down any urges as soon as they arise. I've scheduled a nice getaway in mid February to help us move back into that part of our relationship. Wish me luck. Well off to get some sleep. Good night, ladies.

Lee
PAH (kept cervix and ovaries)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register