Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 121 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-27-2008, 11:44 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Curly88...The grateful thread was moved to the friends without faces forum. I think you can scroll to the bottom of the page and there is a place where you can jump forums, if you click on there it lists all of them out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2008, 12:00 PM

Its been a few days for me posting as well and they have been very busy days! It was so nice to catch up on posts and what everyone has been up to!

Friday my dh insisted that I not sleep in and we left after the kids went to school and grabbed coffee, went to Bed Bath & Beyond (I always think of the movie Old School when my DH goes w me there. Ha!). I think I napped most the afternoon after that though.

Yesterday I accomplished more than I thought I'd be able to and it felt great! I drove for the first day (we own only large trucks with at least 6" lifts so I haven't felt comfortable driving my excursion -esp alone), then we helped a friend of mine move. I would never have offered or agreed to it, but she's been a great friend, just went through a bad breakup, is alone, and knows I have a 25 lb weight limit. Plus my DH has trucks, trailer, and muscles so we were golden. It only took about 3 hrs and although I was feeling tired I agreed to meeting my inlaws for dinner. After dinner my DH was going w his dad to see Rambo (yuck - no desire to see) so we had to go pick up my truck and it just made much more sense for him to take my truck and me to drive his truck with the trailer home with kids. On the way the kids and I stopped by the store to buy the things mom's a sucker for and dad hasn't been buying for the last few weeks!! Then I drove, yep I DROVE the truck and the trailer home!! I was scared to death, but knew I could do it! I still had energy enough to bake a cake w the kids and watch 1/2 of a movie before I conked out on the couch.

It was a great day and as close to "normal" as I've felt since before surgery. I was a little sore and achy last night, but no pain meds. Today I feel pretty good too, although I plan to rest all day.

Annie- that's awesome that you were in pageants! An acqaintance of mine contacted me a few weeks ago to enter the Mrs. Idaho pageant. I was flattered, but a little horried too! EVERYTHING jiggles on me right now and I hardly wear makeup and although there is a strange desire to participate in something new, I could never do it!!

Well I am sitting here watching supercross on tv and a buddy of ours is up front and doing great so my adrenaline is pumping!! Wahoo! Sorry - had to share!

As far as the HBI subject - I feel like I might be ready, but I'm just too scared still. My DH is being so patient, but is just waiting for the word, "Go!"
Unread 01-27-2008, 12:56 PM

Good Morning Ladies or Good Mid Morning,
Suzy I am watching in the kitchen with Bob as we speak....my DH gets nervous when he walks in and catchs me watching. I have been good though considering how long I have been at home I have only had 1 delivery every two weeks so not bad.

DH has been great in the what do you need dept but in the cuddle dept it has been lacking. I know that we were both in the Hospital at the same time when he had his blood loss and transfusion so I guess the new medications for ulcers are throwing him off whack. He said that sometimes his stomach just does not feel right...Oh well I guess I may heal faster then he will.

I am hoping that I will be released for full time after my 6 week appt this Thursday I went to the office on Friday to drop off some files and work is starting to get busy and people have been out sick so things are getting backed up.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2008, 03:43 PM

I've had a hard day, tired. Plus my stepdaughter has been sick all weekend. I feel stressed because I wanted to do so much chair work during my recovery, and hardly did anything.
Unread 01-27-2008, 05:05 PM

Soprano, I'm sorry you had a hard day, hope you get some rest today and feel better, and don't get what she's got!
K
Unread 01-27-2008, 07:20 PM

Hang in there Soprano.....it WILL get better!!
Unread 01-27-2008, 08:18 PM

Hey sisters...thanks for the advice about the return to work...I think I would like to wait to the original return date of 2/4, will see what doc. says on Tuesday. I am tired tonight but with the help of a friend accomplished all of the errands I needed to... people food, dog food, bank, water, lunch out.... and he unpacked all the groceries and put dinner together so all I had to do was put it in the oven before we wanted to eat...and he straightened up some of the messes in the house....what a guy.....he's even volunteered to help me check out and see if the "equipment" still works after 6 week post op...nothing like a friend who is willing to "rise" to any occasion.....

No napping today though, I did a whole 5 minutes on my elliptical...yesteday I did a whole minute!!!( but I also did a 20 min. upper body workout) If I feel OK, tomorrow we try 10 minutes....

Tomorrow I see my eye doc and my regular doc and Tues is the post op doc and Wed is the dermatologist.....figured I would use my time home, now that I am a little mobile to catch up on a couple of over due appointments, besides it gives me a peek into what the future will be like when we are old and just visit doctors all the time..... well the count down to work begins...I hope my fat ol' belly fits into something.... have a good night ladies and catch up with you all in the A.M. - Suzyq
Unread 01-27-2008, 08:30 PM

It was a gorgeous day here in the midwest today. Temps into the 50's. So my DH and DS started to work on the garage... loaded up things to take to our boat storage. So while they were gone I decided to try on my superwoman cape and took the Christmas Lights off the house. Cleaned up the back yard from the dog messes and organized the shed. Then cooked out dinner on the grill.
Now I am tired and irritable and my back is achy.
I go back to the doctor Wednesday and then probably return to work this weekend so I figured this week, I am going to do what I normally do and see how it goes.
Good night Ladies, here is to a restful night............I hope!
Unread 01-27-2008, 09:25 PM

Tomorrow is 6 weeks, but we went ahead with the HBI this morning. (More time available!) It was fine. A few twinges, but I think that was because he missed a spot with the lube!

I'm feeling better and better, but when I overdo it, I get the weirdest back pain. I've never had this particular kind of spasm-y, lower back pain. It ranges in intensity from annoying to I Have To Lay Down Now! Hopefully, strengthening exercises will kick that to the curb.

I downloaded a couple of free games last weekend from game dot giveaway of the day dot com and I am so totally addicted! So's DH and DS! We're all fighting for the computer! LOL Tomorrow I can go to the gym again, though! So, maybe I won't be quite so tempted...ya' think?
Unread 01-27-2008, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie1998
Hang in there Soprano.....it WILL get better!!
Thanks -- it did improve in the evening -- rehearsal with my women's group makes everything better, especially when they show up!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register