Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 123 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Hi All,
I just got back from my 6 week post op and I'm all clear like many of you. It's almost like I feel he gave me permission to feel good. I know that sounds weird but I really do feel well today, except I have a very sick dd at home with the flu. I pray I don't catch that. I took a few extra days off I guess it's a good thing i did so i can be home with her. i go back full time on thursday and i'm looking forward to it but also sad that i'm leaving my very comfy recliner and laptop....
My dh has a late night soccer game tonight so no experimenting tonight...kinda glad cause i'm still scared. my exam was a little uncomfortable but way better than before!!
Praise report!!! My pathology report showed signs of beginning stages of cancer so getting my hsyst now was the right thing to do!! They got everything and I don't have to go back for one year! Praise God

I'm in the same mental boat as the rest....i go to the pantry and can't remember why i went??? i also call things the wrong name, i ask my dd to put the soap in the fridge and the oj in the bathroom.....
Have a restful day! time is ticking down till we're all back to work......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2008, 01:06 PM

I'm doing a bit better today -- took a nap after DH left, looking after stepdaughter; she's better, but still pretty sick. i have to continue working on syllabi for my classes for next week -- thank God I can just take them out, freshen them up, and put new dates on them, LOL. Might go to Curves in p.m. to get measured so I can start workouts, depending on the date my doc puts on the letter to them.
Unread 01-28-2008, 02:13 PM

[quote=curly88]Hi All,

Praise report!!! My pathology report showed signs of beginning stages of cancer so getting my hsyst now was the right thing to do!! They got everything and I don't have to go back for one year! Praise God

Curly - I am very happy that you decided to go ahead with the hyst. funny how things work out. I am happy everything is ok.

Deb
TAH 12/20/07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2008, 02:17 PM

Good Afternoon ladies- It looks like everyone is going in for their 6 week appt and getting cleared. I am happy for us all that things are going well and we are all healing. I still have about a week and a half before returning to work...but that gives me time to do stuff around the house even though being in the house is driving me completly nuts. I have been looking for things to do. Lucky for me my two teenage daughters have dance almost every evening of the week so I do have to drive them to class. Oh well soon I will be complaining about working......just can't win.

take care ladies and don't over do it.

Deb
TAH 12/20/07
Unread 01-28-2008, 02:50 PM

feb 7th is my return date,,,i think i will be back on the 12th schedule going part time,,i didnt go back to my old job,you have to lift stuff thats too heavy and no light duty,plus they went from all daylight to all 3 shifts and everyone has to work it,,i cant stay up past 10 so i could see me working midnight,,feel good,,ready to go back ,,i am going back to job before this one,,probably going to hate it but until i find something this will do,,but i feel so much better since the surgery,no more hurting all the time with a tumour the size of a softball,,
Unread 01-28-2008, 05:47 PM

congrats to all who came through their post-ops with flying colors. I always go blank when i get in the office. so I have gotten habit of writing all my questions down before i go- my list was so long for my appointment i think the dr thought i was writing a book. lol.

suzyq- thats too funny your friend volunteering for HBI. just like a guy. We are still awaiting the mark too - sounds like some of our sisters are their already. (Though dh might get a preview on his birthday on Thursday... since its close enough)
Thats a good idea- writing the food journal. i do that with work out days to make sure i vary types- pilates, weights, bike riding, and such. i need to start that by next week too...adding the abs.

Lots of new stuff to learn this week at work and brain is still a bit slow-hope every their brain in gear before going back. have a good one.
Unread 01-28-2008, 05:49 PM

I had a totally lazy day today....never shaved the legs or did anything of importance..took a cat nap in the sun...read part of a book, watched tv, and saw my regular doc.... maybe I needed just this kind of a day...
Tomorrow I have my post op actually 5 1/2 weeks but close enough to six...willl let you all know what I get cleared for... catch ip with you sisters tomorrow... - Suzyq
Unread 01-28-2008, 07:21 PM

Okay I guess it is my turn to whine. Back at work. My brain is still sort of fuzzy and slow, which can be embarassing, but not bad enough to kill anyone thank God!! I didn't expect it to last so long.

I think the biggest problem for me is the lack of energy and continued exhaustion!!! I thought it would be better by now, but I am still REALLY TIRED!! Worked 7 hours today, drove my carpools, lay down to rest because I had too and fell asleep. Any idea how long this will last?? Any brilliant ideas about how me and my kids survive while it does?? I was hardly getting by before surgery and am worried now. My dad leaves Sunday and then we will have to manage. He will stock the house before he goes and I see a lot of soup and cereal in our future.

Love any support or good tricks you have come up with Thanks for always being here- don't know what I would have done without the board during this post surgery time. Beth
Unread 01-28-2008, 09:00 PM

I actually got quite a bit done today... yea me!! Tonight I went to a church meeting and a friend of mine told me that a friend of HERS (that I don't know) is having a hysterectomy in Feb. I told her she HAS to go to this website immediately and start getting info. I really wish I had found it prior to my surgery!

Glad everyone is getting through their six weeks check-ups well!! However, we all need to remember that there isn't a magic wand that waves over us at six weeks and we are suddenly completely healed! For those of us that still feel a little tired, don't beat yourself up and wonder why. You had MAJOR surgery just six weeks ago!! Please remember that you aren't superwoman and it's still okay to say "no" when people ask you to do too much!! (I think I'm preaching to myself here too!) My doctor said at six weeks you can start resuming regular activities, but at your own pace. We are still healing. We are STILL princesses!! Yes, we are!! :-)

Funone.... soup and cereal will be just fine for awhile! Don't over-do it! I'm sure your kids understand. Just try to get some REST because that will help you get better faster, I'm sure!

Hope all you sisters have a good night's sleep!! I'll check in tomorrow!
Unread 01-28-2008, 10:19 PM

FunOne - how old are your kiddos? My 10 y o ds already helps w dinner and we stock the pantry with those preboxed Homestyle Bakes dinners for nights (presurgery) when I was too tired to cook or if it was my DH's turn in the kitchen. They're not too bad and super easy. Also couldn't live without the new steam fresh frozen veggies. Easy & good! Pop 'em in the micro for 5 min in the bag & presto! AND don't worry too much - kids can eat the same thing 3 nights in a row and are fine getting dressed while fishing clothes outta the dryer.

It sounds like 3 mo post is kinda the magic time table to re-evaluate symptoms and take further action if needed. I think what's gonna be the hardest for me is the 25 lb weight limit. I'm still young, look to be in ok shape, and at work I'm in a dept of 2 called Community Relations, but we joke and say we're "professional schleppers" as we're the ones setting up for tradeshows, managing events, and basically doing whatever needs done. I've only had to mention to one person so far that I couldn't lift something or rather anything over the 25 lb limit and they looked like I was the biggest wimp. Im not looking forward to this issue coming up in every day life after my "accepted" healing period. My dh and kids will be supportive (actually my dh hasn't asked me to lift anything heavy since our first date), but its gonna be hard not to be that "wonder woman" when something at work or out and about needs to be done.

Does anyone know how that weight limit comes into play while working out? At home we have the full work out room and I'm not nervous to do the cardio equipment, but how do I know what's ok on the weights? I don't know what our thing is called, but it's got all the pulleys, smiths machine, etc. You strong sisters have any advice for me?!

Today was pretty uneventful - but in a good way! Hope the best to you gals too. Sleep well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register