Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 125 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

HouseMD - thanks for your reply. I'm glad that you can be honest. People can sometimes tip toe around the "socially-insane", not even pointing out what is sometimes brutally obvious. I do take your advice as being more realistic in life, but I also have to say that this "princess crown" of late feels mighty comfy!! I plan to keep my Drs points in consideration while also being realistic in what I am capable of!

I'm already kind of a princess at home (minus the makeup and expensive jewelry!), but I also am a huge fan of UFC, am the only mom at the starting gates with my son at the motocross track, live in the country, drive a big truck, and wear everything from a suit to jeans and tshirt to work depending on the day. My DH owns constr companies and has a hand in the family roller skating rink. SOooo as you (and I via this reply) can see, my life consists of more than what 25 lbs will allow.

So - if I start working out again and build up some muscle, (hopefully burning off some flab) and learn to use the right parts to lift I should be fine - right?!! This is what I was hoping to hear. Its just taken me a few posts to figure it out I guess!

Maybe I just looked really pathetic and turned on my wuss-ness at my appt last week? I see her again at 3 mo so I can address with her again.

Thanks again! I am a very direct and blunt person, so I'm glad you posted some sense into me!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 02:47 PM

Hey--if you enjoy the princess crown then far be it from me to rip it off your head! You enjoy it, Highness!

Seriously, though, with your age and your lifestyle," if I start working out again and build up some muscle, (hopefully burning off some flab) and learn to use the right parts to lift I should be fine - right?!!" sure makes a lot of sense to me!
Unread 01-29-2008, 02:53 PM

Ok - thanks! (Chuckle - "Highness")

Maybe I'll post in the general section about advice on getting back into a fitness and weight training routine? I'm running outta excuses why I've been neglecting my elliptical!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 03:02 PM

Hate to sound like everyones mother.....but you should still check with your doc. YOu don;t want to hyrt anything important. MMRL if your doc is giving you limits that don't fit with your lifestyle, you could always just have a consultation with another doc just to be sure...you don't want anything falling out the bottom...it can be tricky trying to stuff it all back in the right spot
Unread 01-29-2008, 03:31 PM

Sorry - somehow I accidently posted a duplicate reply!
Unread 01-29-2008, 04:14 PM

mmrl
My Dr. has limited me for life also because of prolapse issues...I had prolapsed uterus and cervix and rectocele (colon)...because of how they have to stitch everything up to try and make it hold after removing the uterus and cervix, there is a chance of vaginal prolapse with too much strain...that would be very bad in my book...I don't plan to risk it...I don't know if you had any prolapse problems?
Unread 01-29-2008, 04:42 PM

Nope, no prolapse issues for me. But it sounded like its just kind of a general concern to my Dr. My MIL had one after her hyst but my recovery has been pretty textbook.
Unread 01-29-2008, 05:54 PM

you all have been busy conversing, im feeling left out.
it was long day at work today- lots of new stuff - but happy my brain actually engaged. whoohoo!
Still i find my mind wonders alot and am having slower reaction time when driving after this surgery- any body else notice that?
I met dh at the y after work and jumped on elipt for 3 miles. It felt so good to swett - sounds dumb, but so far i havent really pushed myself -just nice and easy. I only got a 20lb wgt restric. until friday then was told to work back into the rest. My dr. said he doesnt think ill ever have to worry about prolapss from what he saw inside... i sure hope hes right.
Im getting nervous about sneak peak and weekend getaway for first HBI. Seems kind of silly- how many times have we done this and ive had kids -cant be all that different. or can it? anyhow rambeling about all the thoughts going through my mind. (suzyq sorry you have to wait
Unread 01-29-2008, 06:04 PM

you think if I e-mail my doc and ask him how long it is to the top of the cuff he'll laugh?
Unread 01-29-2008, 08:35 PM
silver nitrate and still spotting

Hey everyone. My turn to whine. I went in on Friday for a 5 week check-up. I had been spotting alot of bright red blood since my surgery. He said I had some granulation and treated me with silver nitrate. I had a greyesh discharge for a couple of days. Then Sunday night I started spotting again. And now along with that I have a yellow/green infection looking discharge. It doesn't have a bad odor. I do not know if this is normal or not. i have to go back at 8 weeks. I really thought after 2 weeks I would be feeling back to my old self. Of course that didn't happen! i guess i am just ready to feel normal again. I am tired of being tired. And my emotions are either hot or cold. Seems I am either crying, on edge or ready to run out the door.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register