Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 126 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-29-2008, 07:41 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

SuzyQ, I don't know if he'll laugh, but I am!

My dd had her appt with the surgeon today, it turned out well, no surgery for now! He said the tubes are coming out, that creates more wax which can effect hearing, also she was deaf during the years her brain would be developing to differentiate ambient noise from what she's trying to focus on, so it's a struggle for her. I was really relieved though, and she was such a trooper while he poked and prodded and shoved that stupid mirror thing down her throat!

My stupid car died this morning, had to call a neighbor, and I had chest pains again taking the kids to school - stress!?!? I'm just not handling stress like I used to. It's increadibly frustrating to feel like such a weenie when you've dealt with so much in the past much better than you do the little daily life crap now. I didn't even have the heart to check in on you ladies today.

I'm a bad girl, my doc said 1 week after surgery I could resume activity (except sex) as i felt ready, so have been vaccuuming and lifting ever since. I try to be careful, but there are just things that have to be done! I can tell when I've done too much and pay for it, but it's my own fault for being stubborn.

You ladies make me smile. House, you rock!
Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a grip and join you girls sooner.
K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 09:07 PM

Am I the only one that still has some discomfort at the end of the day. Today for instance I went to the YMCA and walked a slow mile. Then ripped and ran all day with husband. Now at the end of the day, I am really bloated and sore. I mean my stomach is really sore, I just want to lye down. Am I the only one. Also, I developed a really light discharge the last couple of days and I noticed that on the days that I really over do it, I run a low grade temp. I told my Doctor all of this yesterday during my post op exam and he did not seem concerned. He actually told me with with all of the adhesions that he removed as well as the TAH/BSO and appendix, he was surprised I had not had a more difficult recovery. I was happy that he released me for HBIs which I have not tried yet because I am scare and of course the discharge that the doctor said nothing about. Please tell me I am not the only one with these issues.
Unread 01-29-2008, 09:46 PM

Bethany...I felt great yesterday so I went by my office for a couple of hours, then did some errands. By early evening I had an ache in the place where I used to have cramps. I was on my feet for extended periods most of the day. Today I've felt wiped out and haven't done anything at all. I start back to work tomorrow and am worried about how long I'll be able to hold out. Luckily I have the world's best boss who said he just wants to see my face for a while and then I can go home whenever I start feelling tired.

I can't even speculate about the discharge as it's been several weeks since I've had it. When I went in for my 4 week post op I was in a lot of pain and didn't even inquire about it. Mostly what I know I've learned from this site. To answer your question though, I don't think you are the only one who is still sore and tired. My DH made a comment yesterday that made me realize that lots of people are under the impression that we should all be good as new after the magical six weeks have passed! I know I'm not and don't intend to pretend that I am. I will be seeing my regular gyn next week and I'm sure he'll answer all my questions. I wish more doctors would take the time to explain things to us before we encounter problems/questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 09:57 PM

Bethany, you're not the only one who is sore by the end of the day! I was really sore last night and am again tonight. Some days it's not too bad, others worse. But you're not alone
K
Unread 01-29-2008, 10:28 PM

Hey has anyone out there had Vaginal Radiation? They changed it now and want me to go see the Rad Dr, And have every other day Rad in the vagina for two weeks or 8 Rads, Not sure, But everyother day is for sure. What is the effects of this type? They said without it I have a 30-35% chance of it coming back in the vagina or vulva. YIKES!!! HELP!!!
Unread 01-29-2008, 10:56 PM

MiMiLu, Do you have total confidence in your doctor? If not, have you considered a second opinion? Are you close to a hospital that specializes in cancer treatment? I don't have any knowledge about your particular type of cancer but I have way too much with a variety of other types. I can drive the 100+ miles back and forth to MDAnderson (Houston) with my eyes closed. I would highly recommend that you call 18004CANCER and request all the literature that they can send you. Also, research it in every possible way that you can think of. Even if you only confirm everything your current doctor tells you, that knowledge will make you stronger and will enable you to tolerate the treatments better. Try to get some help from a family member or friend too; there is a lot of information out there and sometimes you can get overloaded. Please keep us updated. s
Unread 01-30-2008, 06:13 AM

Good morning ladies....I am counting down the days until I start work on Monday, not cause I am looking forward to it, but I know people are going to expect me to be a miracle worker and fix any and all problems that existed before I left, or happened after I left. I am trying to construct a plan of attack for myself before I return so I can avoid that....although I am looking forward to seeing some folks again...

Yesterday at my post op the doc told me I had a discharge but also told me that my cuff stitches had not all dissolved yet, hence no HBIs for another 2 weeks...I asked if I had any kind of an infection and he told me know...to me it is odd to feel "dry" but have a discharge....its like the discharge itself must be irritating....

Today I have my annual with the dermatologist, I have a family history of melanoma so I check in with her during the year. I figured I would get that in while I am still off as she is a bout 30 minutes away in the opposite direction from work so I would rather go not on a work day.

My step dad was moved to hospice two days ago and his kids are sitting a vigil by his side...we are in the wait until the end mode....very sad....he is a wonderful man....has been a great stepdad and grandpa to my kids.....

Well not much else on the agenda today...will see what I can come up with later...maybe will try on work clothes and see what I can map out to wear for the first week....I was going to buy some looser knit pants, but really want to spend money on skinny spring clothes not stretchy belly clothes so I may just wait.....go slow ladies and I wll catch up with you all later - Suzyq
Unread 01-30-2008, 06:19 AM

im at work and checking in OOOPPPS. Icy roads here made for a stressful commute here.

All, even though i feel pretty normal, I notice my tummy still gets sore to the touch and bloated some nights.

Today i feel like im coming down with a cold or something. AND Dh and I have our big party and getaway weekend planned this weekend! im thinking of calling dr. and see if he'll feel sorry for me and call something in just in case. (Not for the cold, but because i always end up with bronchitis)

suzyq- too funny on the length of cuff thing! dh and i were joking about that the other night- as he had ask dr. if he made sure it was long enough at hospt. check out- hopefully we will soon find out soon.
Unread 01-30-2008, 06:23 AM

actually ladies, the doc just e-mailed me an answer and said if you had a vaginal prolapse fixed the length could be shorter, he told me from my TAHBSO that the length is "essentially unchanged". I suppose I will find out in a couple of weeks what he means more exactly....
Unread 01-30-2008, 07:12 AM

Good morning ladies! I haven't been on here for a couple weeks - work has been crazy. But I finally caught up. Its great to hear so many encouraging stories about recovery. It's also comforting to hear that we are not alone in our emotional and physical roller coaster.
For me, I keep thinking that since I have been back to work now for 3 weeks, that I shouldn't be so tired or moody, or even still be having occaisional pains. But I have learned, from this site, that first of all, I probably should have waited the 6 weeks to go back to work instead of 3! And also that, we all had major surgery and my body is just taking its own sweet time to heal.
So although I have been back to work, after work and on weekends - I don't leave the house or my couch! But tonight after work, I have to drive over an hour to attend a work dinner. This will be my first outing at night and first real long day - I am sure this might also be my first night of sleep! LOL!
Oh yeah, one other thing. Kinda important. My DH and I have not yet done the deed. I too am scared of the pain but feel a little better hearing that it is not bad.
However, ah...how do I say this? I have absolutly no desire to do so! I mean, yes. There are other things going on like him losing his job (for the 3rd time in 2 years) 2 weeks before my surgery. Which by the way was one of the reason's I had to go back to work. But anyway, is this normal? HELP!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register