Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 12-26-2007, 01:31 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by supportneeded
soprano2--I guess I'll ask my dr. when I go for my check-up tomorrow what he thinks. Although my principal has been very supportive, I guess I'm just scared to ask for that much time off....no rational reason to be afraid......I just wanna cry about thinking about going back, and I wanna cry about NOT going back....
I would think that if you have the sick time built up, it would be best to use it, rather than go back and risk developing adhesions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2007, 01:41 PM

i've noticed the sitting position uses alot more core muscles than i thought. hence not really resting our abdominal muscles. i found after sitting at the computor for an hour this morning i was ready to lay down for a couple hours this afternoon and watched some shows id taped.
i tell ya - i really thought my boys would step up with this whole thing. but my youngest - after sleeping til 11 - said i was interfeering with his time off from school- because i was home. of course we had it out, he finally did his new task of vacuming and putting away dishes from dinner last night. all of fifteen minutes work.
sorry just needed to vent.
on the flip side dh has been wonderful, even checked up on me on the email this morning.
Unread 12-26-2007, 01:44 PM

Went outside today! It's 54 degrees out here! DD got a new bike for Christmas so she was ready to go and try it out. I put DS in the stroller and just sat in a chair and video taped DD riding her bike. It was really nice to be out of the house. Considering going to get a quick bite of dinner tonight and go to Target - if I feel up to it! DD wants to go to Target because she got a gift card for there and some money - it's burning a hole in her pocket!!

I agree with the sitting - I did a lot of sitting yesterday and my pelvic muscles and lower back really hurt today! So, I am laying on the couch right now trying to get the ache to go away!

supportneeded - I go back to my doctor after 4 weeks and she is to let me know if I can go back to work. Luckily I have a desk job but who knows what sitting will be like then! I wouldn't try to go back so quickly, you may regret it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2007, 02:11 PM

I feel much better just reading through what each of you are feeling...
Unread 12-26-2007, 02:19 PM

Yes, I walked outside yesterday, too, and it felt wonderful. Something about the sun.... Of course, I napped hard a bit later!

(Walked means down the street about three houses and back!)
Unread 12-26-2007, 02:41 PM

Hello Ladies - wow I am all behind since I didn't get on the computer until now...you ladies have been posting like crazy!. Anyway I hope everyone is doing well. I tried to do some after Christmas shopping with my DH today (yes I know....what were you thinking) I only lasted about 30 minutes and had to tell my DH to hurry up pick out more christmas lights for next year as I was toast. I came home and jumped into bed for a nap...feeling much better. boy activity can just kick you right in the butt. Thanks to everyone for their support. we will all make it through this. I'll post tomorrow after I see the MD for an incision check and staple removal....doesn't that sound like loads of fun

Deb
TAH 12/20/07
Unread 12-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Post- Op Anxiety--Anyone Experiencing "Pushing" Sensation?

Hi! Everyone.

I had my LSH on Dec. 17 . I left the castle on the 19th. Everything went well. I still have some pain with pooping but otherwise successful. My appetite isn't all the way back to par but I do eat quite a bit. My question to you ladies is do you ever feel the sensation of "push" (like when you were about to have a baby)? I find that I have that "pushing" sensation especially before and after urinating. It's a bit uncomfortable. Also, I have a tingling ache on my right side. A feeling that you get if you're keeping your arm bent for too long. The only thing my arm isn't bent. It has me a little nervous. I have my post- op appointment next week. In the meanwhile, I'm just feeling a little uneasy about things. Wondering what's normal and what isn't. BTW, I've reading The Land of The HysterSisters .
It is so encouraging and entertaining. However, I read one story of a woman who said she had a "supracervical" procedure and her cervix was removed. I thought "supracervical" meant above cervix meaning cervix remains intact. I asked my doctor after the surgery if my ovaries and cervix were still intact and she said yes. So, now I'm confused.

Nadine
Unread 12-26-2007, 05:13 PM

hysternursedeb, after christmas shopping are you crazy? ok i admit I thought about it for about a minute. erkcpk - wow 54 degrees think that would lure even me out. only a frosty 32 here and too much ice to even think about walking.
but really, i had my tav done on friday afternoon. and im still basically laying around - sitting at computer and doing walks around kitchen and dining room. should i be doing more?
Wish i could get that first bm to make its move. its stressing me out and off course thats not helping it at all.
Unread 12-26-2007, 05:16 PM

Hi, Nadine....I was under the impression that "supracervical" meant above the cervix also & that you kept at least your cervix, and possibly your ovaries. I dunno......most of what I know, I've learned from this site (thanks! ladies!), and then had particulars about my situation confirmed w/my dr.

Today has been a nice quiet day, DH at work, DS w/a buddy, DD w/a friend. Dogs outside so they won't jump on my tummy. I guess that's why I've posted so much today cuz each time I get up, I check here. Of course, I'm confused as to why I still feel "crummy". I thought after doing virtually nothing, I would have no pain, "sicky" feeling, etc. However, I've still had both.

I'll ask dr. tomorrow about what level of recuperation I should be feeling at this point.

Thanks for keeping me company, ladies!!
Unread 12-26-2007, 05:28 PM

Hi sisters....I called Doc office about the bladder feeling like I still had UTI and told them that I had to really relax before I completely emptied (TMI) so they asked me to come in ..... short staff waited forever thought I was going to pass out told them I had to leave they checked urine okay but will culture anyway.... substitute doc took off my strips that hurt more than the staple removal.....I have a huge bruise where the pain ball had been....did anyone else have a pain ball? Doc told me to start using motrin so I can use less darvecet (spelling) I thought I was on perc but NOT so anyway...dustbunnies still sticking their tounge out at me....anyone else having crazy dreams with darvecet?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register