Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 130 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-31-2008, 07:56 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

My DH would die if he saw what I just posted!! He keeps asking if I post at all...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2008, 08:17 PM

Curly - I'm sure your DH will still think you look great! I think we women put much more stock into our appearance than our men do!
My DH has explained is much more than the actual act that matters. For many men, its how they best understand being "intimate" with their mate and fueling the relationship. If only it were that simple for us women too!

Good luck ladies, take it slow, remember to relax, use lubricant, and don't expect much from the first time.

Tomorrow is my day off and I have my first painting lesson. Yay!! The teacher even comes to my house - how awesome is that?! So I will be sure to check in on y'all in the afternoon.

Our lives are all so different, yet still alike. Its so nice to read your updates! My thoughts and prayers will be with you sisters who are going through difficulties and loss. Take it easy and sleep well!
Unread 01-31-2008, 08:56 PM

Hi ladies. I haven't posted here yet. I am 6 weeks post op tomorrow and I am finally starting to feel good. I am moving well now and am pretty much pain free. It has been a hard 6 weeks. I probably doesn't help that I am caring for a preemie baby too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2008, 10:25 PM

Hey Girls, been out for a bit, trying to find dh a new job - glad to hear everyone is doing well for the most part. Did you miss me??!! I missed you guys, wondered how you all were doing, and was glad I finally got a minute tonight to stop searching and posting to check in.

Sweet dreams to all,
K
Unread 02-01-2008, 04:10 AM

well made it through my first day back at work,,it wasnt that bad the only problem i had was a backache,,,i havent worked for 7 months,,was off to take care at my mom,,did some lifting not over 10 lbs,,,didnt really have to much trouble catching back on to all the machines ect.its been 2 years since i was there ,and since i couldnt go back to my other job ,,this was a good choice for me at the time,,my mind did most of the work learning the new things with the machines and just refreashing myself ..i caught on fast will take a little while,,think i am working for someone on sunday for only 5 hours,,then i will not be officially on the schedule till the next week but the way people call off it could be sooner,,tylenol helped ,,then came home and took a hot bath ,,so more legs and back then belly,,was going to leave after 5 hours but decided i would try to make it and i did
Unread 02-01-2008, 04:53 AM

oh forgot to add its a little cold where i work ,fine for everyone else but i am always cold,,have been like that my whole life,,but i am going today and get those nylon shaper leggings to keep the heat in dont know how they will work but thermals are a little more baggy so think they could give me a problem under my pants..and need tops to go underneath tops,,my incision hurt me some more by the pubic bone but not as bad as i would have thought,,all in all,,my mind and body still work pretty good it will just take some time
Unread 02-01-2008, 06:39 AM

Good morning ladies....glad to hear how everyone is doing....mixed feelings about work....excited and dred at the same time....some parent, student issues that I will be walking back into...always challenges, but thats the job....sleeping OK, not as good as before, but that wasn't always good anyway...better than right after surgery....it is true though now that we are doing more, there are a little more aches and pains. My back was really annoying early this morning so now I have a hot pack on under my PJs to go with my post coffee hot flash.....boy I wish I had a ceiling fan too!!!

The doc said my daughter has an infection in a lymph gland in her throat so she is on antibiotics....so more school being missed.... anyway a generally quiet day, maybe lunch with a friend. I feel like the weekend focus is getting ready to go back to work...will check back later ladies.... - Suzyq
Unread 02-01-2008, 07:11 AM

Good morning from snowbound Chicago! 3 hour commute home last night and 1.5 hour in this morning - I could use a drink! Crap - will have to wait til tonight.
Anyhow, I have a question. Why use lube the first couple of times back in the sack? Does the surgery (mine was TVH) make you more dry than normal or is it to ensure you don't do more damage? Just curious. I haven't endulged yet for a number of reasons, but when I do, I want to make sure I don't cause more problems.
Thanks!
Unread 02-01-2008, 08:55 AM

Lil Who--the lube is extremely important if you've got any hormone issues at all. When you lose your estrogen, you lose elasticity in your skin (all over your body) and you slow or stop producing your own vaginal lubrication. Earlier, you may remember, many of us were talking about being so dry that it was uncomfortable to painful and that was just for sitting around, way before being cleared for sex.

If you are on HRT you should use the lube because you probably don't know yet if the levels are right. If you still have your ovaries, you should still use the lube because you don't know if your ovaries have completely re-awakened yet. You want to be safe, not sorry. Especially if you are having any fear or loss of desire issues, you want to make double darn sure there is no pain during sex, and if you aren't lubed enough there will be pain.

I'm sure that if you are on HRT or still have your ovaries you can eventually figure out whether you are making enough of your own lubrication to stop adding more. However, just remember that when you go through menopause, you will likely find you'll need it again.
Unread 02-01-2008, 09:08 AM

Okay I just had my 6 week check up this morning and today is exactly 6 weeks post surgery. Dr. released me to everything and anything I want!! Bath tub and boyfriend high on the adjenda this weekend

I asked why I am still so tired and she said probably because I have spent the last 6 weeks doing nothing but healing. Now I need to work back into activity to increase my energy. She did check some blood to see if I am anemic and how long I need to take Iron. Not sure if I agree with her explanation, but plan to try working back into activity and see how I do.

Still need yearly pap smears of the vault and cuff because of testing HPV+.

I think the lube for the first time is for comfort. There can be dryness especially if the ovaries were removed. In addition being a little nervous can make you dry- which I think all of us are the first time!! Assuming you stop or at least slow down if it hurts I don't think you can really do "damage". I mean spots that aren't healed may bleed, but sex doesn't cause them to not be healed it just lets us know they are there. I'll let you know how it goes after the "First time". Who thought I would ever talk like this again after having 3 kids, but I guess this is a start of a new life with and new body and NO BLEEDING!!!

Hope everyone else is healing and doing well. Have a GREAT day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register