Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 132 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 02-02-2008, 06:20 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Hi all - sorry I kept you in suspense....I was tired and went to bed so I could start to cycle of sweating and waking up to pee even earlier.....
Honeybells are a kind of citrus that is a cross between a tangerine and a grapefruit, they have a short growing season and are drippy juicy and really sweet. I ordered some from QVC and they came yesterday....they are not acidic as so many other citrus varieties can be....

As far as pilates goes Fand R...I had a fantasy of taking private lessons because I figure I will do better with that than in a class, but have not investigated too much about it. My schedule is so nuts at work that I would have to find a Sat. lesson to be sure I could go....I really do the see benefits to do more diverse training than the weight training which had really been a focus for me. At this hormone (or lack of hormone) time in my life I probably do need to step up the cardio and flexibility training.
I just need to think about putting a plan together...but that has to include taking the time to make better food choices and food prep for me and the kids too. I always have good intentions but by the time I get home from work it is easier to order stuff....thats not good for us....I am trying to come up with a plan where each of my kids is responsible for cooking at least once during the week....will see how it goes....

I too feel like I kept putting off stuff to do figuring I had soooo much time before I went back to work...its like when I would do work for school at 9:00 the night before the holiday vacation was over...... but somehow we managed to get this stuff done when we were working, so I guess we will get it done anyway...its hard to have everything just so before we go back to our hectic schedules....I am sorry to say that once I am back to work ladies I will only be able to check in at night.....my mornings are too rushed and it is too hard during the day from work.

Well I think Ihave rambled on enough ladies....have a great day and I will check in with you all to night....the count down to work has begun....oy!!!! - Suzyq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2008, 08:32 AM
6 week post op appt

I saw my GYN on Thursday. Before any GYN exam, he wanted to see my new tummy, and took a look. He was very impressed. So were the nurse and the PA-in-training. I think he's gonna keep my plasctic surgeon in mind for future patients who are thinking of doing what I did.

Then on to the hyster stuff... After explaining "granulation" to me, as well as it's treatment, he took a look at my stitches up "in there" and said, "Oh! You've healed very nicely." Then he did an internal exam, while pushing down a little on my lower abdomen. Again, he was pleased. I was released to return to regular activies, and lift over 5 lbs, as long as it doesn't hurt.

The weight restriction thing was kinda funny. Both my PS and GYN said the same thing: "Whatever he says..." In the end, since my GYN was the later one I saw, he had to make the final call, and so he said, "Yes, you can lift over 5 lbs, but just be aware of the muscles, they're gonna be tender for a little while yet. " He must have witnessed some of my muscle repair, which was extensive.

Found out that I didn't have adenomyosis. Just multiple fibroids. I asked how many, he didn't know, but read the path report - "multiple fibroids." He said, "Imagine a bag full of marbles." That makes sense, as that's my mom's and sister's dx, and now I have an aunt, Mom's sister, having the same symptoms as us.

DH and I went out to eat that night. On the way, DH was curious, "So... are we allowed to do bed business?" I laughed "yes!" This term, "bed business," was one in a book I read last fall, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, about the lives of middle-class women in 1850's China. I had shared some of the book's phrases with DH. Great book BTW, historical fiction. Makes you glad to be a modern day American woman, though some of the customs were very meaningful, like the secret messages women sent to each other in their silk fans.

Intimacy was fine, really as if if nothing had happened. I had plenty of lubrication. No pain or discomfort.
Unread 02-02-2008, 08:41 AM

Hello Ladies,

I haven't posted very often, but have greatly enjoyed reading your posts. Ususally when I was having an issue, I'd just have to check in and see that it was happening to most of you too, ie. backache, can't sleep, etc.... and I feel better knowing I wasn't alone. Thank you!

Is anyone still having discomfort when going to the bathroom? BM's aren't too bad, but urinating is really uncomfortable. My MD said there were a lot of adhesions to remove from my bladder and he'd expect it to be sore for a while. It's not horrible but not really that much better than at 3 weeks. I saw my MD at 4 weeks and he said to come back in a year, so I won't be seeing him before I go back to work. I thought I'd check in with you ladies before deciding to make an extra appointment. You've been a great resource!

Thanks!

KHltd
TAH-kept ovaries
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2008, 11:27 AM

Hi, all,
I started some ab work yesterday. did like a few exercises early in day then in the evening. i could feel it - but just like before if i overdid. tried the machines at the y today. only about 4- and at 10 lbs i was careful. the elipt and bike were much more foregiving of my weak muscles.

khltd- I do still have a bit of bladder preasure at the end of peeing- sorry tmi.
annie- glad everything went ok for you too. our big getaway is tonight. I am looking forward to someplace other than the home front for a more relaxed time. Its a dress up affair, with dinner and dancing. real adult stuff. whohoo.

suzyq- good luck preparing for your first day of work! I dont have time or funds for classes either and just to the dvd for pilates- then its a one time cost and it does the trick. If any of you really want to be challenged the Biggest Looser dvds are kick butt. (I havent tried them since surgery- but my ds and i did them last winter.)

well off to do my nails for the big night out... will check in late tomorrow. have a good one.
Unread 02-02-2008, 06:41 PM

I am a little jealous of all of you ladies and your "activities" while I am still in the cuddle tickle stage!!! Actually today I am really sore. I met a friend for breakfast, ran an errand, then got home in time to drive daugher and friend then home and a friend came over to come shopping with me. I guess I was up and about from like 11-5 so I was tired. Took a nap at 5 made some hot dogs at 6 (craving....???) went to pick up my daugher and my incision and innards feel like they are pulling.

I had a list of stuff to do and I haven't done much of it....I like the way we have before hospital lists and before work lists....

Hopefully I will get some stuff on my list done tomorrow, clean my car....and get ready for work on Monday...boy it was a quick 6 weeks... catch you all later... - Suzyq
Unread 02-03-2008, 07:36 AM

Hey ladies where are you all...I was the last post Sat. night and the first one Sun. morning...had to search to find us we are getting bumped out of site...of course the words "get a life" are ringing true for me.....just wanted to enjoy one last lazy morning of drinking coffee and surfing around the site before returning to work tomorrow.....

I guess today I will try to get a few things done but will be selective in my energy useage so I am primed to return to work tomorrow. I hope I sleep well, it will be hard to get going behind the 8 ball missing a night of sleep...I am both scared and excited....have already planned food and clothes for the day....will probably work from like 10-2....it is a conference day so kids leave by 12;30..teachers book their own conferences so they can be there late, but I will consider it a good opportunity to get my feet wet, come home at a decent hour, and put my butt on the couch for a bit....

Hope to catch up with you ladies later...otherwise I will keep talking to myself..... creapy huh.... - Suzyq
Unread 02-03-2008, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHltd
Hello Ladies,

I haven't posted very often, but have greatly enjoyed reading your posts. Ususally when I was having an issue, I'd just have to check in and see that it was happening to most of you too, ie. backache, can't sleep, etc.... and I feel better knowing I wasn't alone. Thank you!

Is anyone still having discomfort when going to the bathroom? BM's aren't too bad, but urinating is really uncomfortable. My MD said there were a lot of adhesions to remove from my bladder and he'd expect it to be sore for a while. It's not horrible but not really that much better than at 3 weeks. I saw my MD at 4 weeks and he said to come back in a year, so I won't be seeing him before I go back to work. I thought I'd check in with you ladies before deciding to make an extra appointment. You've been a great resource!

Thanks!

KHltd
TAH-kept ovaries
(((ladies)))

Just a gentle reminder ~ if you have any questions about your recovery, please start a new thread so all our post-op members can see it and have the opportunity to respond. This is the best way to get support! Please check out Princess Bea Well's introduction on this thread for further information.

Sending all good wishes and thanks for your understanding!

Unread 02-03-2008, 09:18 AM

suzyq..... i guess we are all feeling much better and posting much less! :-) Thanks for letting us know what honeybells are... they sound yummy! I can't believe how addicted I've become to qvc.!! I have NEVER watched SO much tv as I have in the last six weeks!!

It does seem like these last six weeks have flown by! I'm very anxious to get back to work, but also terrified at the same time! I've grown attached to my "princess" status....after being the one who takes care of everyone else for so long, I've realized how nice it is to be catered to a bit and I'm not ready to give it up!! ha!

dh came down with the flu... poor guy. We were going to a Super Bowl party today, but I guess we will stay home instead, which is fine with me. I actually like to WATCH the game and when you go to those parties, no one watches.. they all talk and visit.. which CAN be fun too, but not during the biggest game of the year! Guess this will give me another day home to try and catch up on a few things that I wanted to do before I get back to work. We all have those "lists" don't we??

Alright ladies..... we can do this!!! We CAN go back into the work world and show everyone how amazing we are, right?!?!?! Right!! I'm just planning on coming home every evening after work and immediately getting in my pj's for awhile longer. I still have my tv shows to watch at night!! Thank goodness for TiVo!! My new fav show is "Orangutan Island"... it's adorable....

Ya'll have a good day...... Oh! Was is Kwinner that kept wanting snow?? Looks like they are getting it big time out West!! I want some too.... but maybe not THAT much! Yikes!
Unread 02-03-2008, 09:56 AM

I have noticed that I am gradually sleeping better. The oil of evening primrose is kicking in, I guess. But also, I realized I needed to open the blinds in my bedroom, so now my brain gets the message that it's morning and it's easier to wake up--which makes it easier to go to sleep at the right time.

Another aspect of "sleeping better" is that I'm getting up in the night to pee either once or no times, whereas before the surgery it was about three times a night. I didn't have anything done to my bladder--maybe it's just got more room? When it gets really full there is a kind of twingy thing going on, but it goes away as soon as I pee.

So far, everything is so much better than before the surgery and I know it's just going to keep getting better as I have the energy to finally begin doing everything I've only wished I could do over the past several years. I have only one complaint and that is an increase in migraines. I had them licked previously when I realized that my teeth grinding was causing them. Now, I have a device that keeps me from grinding, but suddenly the migraines are back. I guess I need to begin my research again.
Unread 02-03-2008, 10:35 AM

morning girls. Well, survived the dh company party. dh gave me the most pretty set of pearls with gold accents in between them - as early valentine gift. and they worked perfectly with the dress. The acordian type pleats hid any worry of swelly belly attack. BUT actually i have noticed that getting better the past week- anyone else?
And as far as HBI, second time, is much better...course the four glasses, slow dancing and and the hotel atmosphere helped alot im sure. It was too funny, most of my dh co-workers- knew we were at 6 wk. mark and kept implying for us to "go get a room already." lol.
housemd - yup, i have noticed that too, the full bladder twinges- when i pee its gone. dr. said he had to move it to get large uterus/fibroid out and the bladder would be irritated for a quite a while.
annie- sorry dh is sick, but try and enjoy the quiet game day- think thats the plan here too. maybe will make nachos- they sounds good, and since were recouping from last night, the couch sounds kind of good too.
suzyq- and the rest going back to work tommorrow- good luck and let us all know how it goes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register