Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 135 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 02-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

SuzyQ - I felt just like you last week after my first 2 days back, but as I've gradually increased my activity and time out and about I've noticed a big difference.

Hang in there. You really have it coming at ya at all angles. Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Doc appt 2marro

Well tomorrow is the day!! I see the Dr. that will consult with us and do the inter-vaginal Rad. I am soooo nervous I could scream but not letting it out to scare hubby to death. LOL, He'd freak if he knew all my inner crazy thoughts. Pray for me people ANOTHER EXAM......I hate them!!!
Unread 02-04-2008, 07:45 PM

Mimilu - will be praying!

Annie - yes, I was the one who wanted snow, and everyone but me is getting it! We drove up the hill this weekend (not 5 minutes from my house) to play in snow because at my house just rain! I can't catch a break in the snow department!

I've been off the computer for a few days, but I had my 6 week post-op today, it was great, he was very pleased I was healing so well, released me for everything, took out the remaining sutures - so when my husband asked about HBI's tonight, I said are you out of your mind????? Let me stick a q-tip up your pp and then we'll see if you feel like sex!

Can you belive it's been a month and a half or more since the big day in the castle? It seems like we've all been through so much together in the last few weeks, and I know I would have lost what little sanity I had if it wasn't got you all!

caa02 - will be thinking baout you and sending you good thoughts, please let us know.

Suzyq - I'm so sorry for your loss.

Hope you all have a fabulous evening! Have to go do my dd's homework!
K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2008, 08:45 PM

Got the main bill from the hospital today and it says I was charged for a transfusion of one unit of blood. Of course, I signed that that was okay, but the Dr. hadn't mentioned it. I guess I wish he had.

Sunday I walked with my DS as he went Scouting For Food--it was at least an hour and a half at a good pace (the boys kept racing to get to the next house so they could be the one to ring the doorbell!). We did it last year, too, and the difference in my ability to keep up, etc. is just like night and day! It really made me excited!
Unread 02-04-2008, 09:04 PM

Between wearing my jeans, working out, and dealing with a cold wind (wind chill has been in the 30s!) I jumped in the bathtub tonight. Tomorrow's my longest day yet, hope I make it through!
Unread 02-05-2008, 06:04 AM

well did my third day(8 hours)this week,,still seems long, going to take awhile to get used to this,,my legs and back hurt more than belly,,i havent worked for 7 months(taking care of my mom)..so i have to get used to being on my feet for 8 hours,,but all and all its prettygood,,if fact i am not even on the schedule yet,,these work days were from other people calling off,,sick and no sitter ect.(so i got asked to fill in) ..my daughter said they dont even have to put me on the schedule and i will still get full time with all the call offs!!!,,,ok with me ,do kind of miss lazing and watching tv and on the pc all day,,but then reality sets in and i know i have to get some normal things going on in my life which means back to work,(bills dont take time off),,wish they did,...taking tylenol for back pain and leg aches,,i will get used to it will just take time
Unread 02-05-2008, 12:53 PM

Sorry I have not posted for a couple of days. I was really feeling horrible. I had a lot of abdominal pain in the lower right side. It felt better when I passed gas but had me miserable for about three days. Then I noticed that some of my abdominal swelling went down as well and more stomach noises. I think maybe my stomach digestion is really kicking in full fledge. I had my appendix removed and think this is most of my pain now. Anyhow.....My doctor released me for all activity but does not want me to go back to work until 2/18. He said that he is not comfortable with me returning before then because of everything that I have been through. He also said something that I think has really gotten in my head. He told me how surprised he was that I have not been to emergency at least twice during my recovery because of the all the adhesions. When he performed my TAH/BSO my ovaries both had adhesions on them and my appendix had affixed itself to the back of my uterus with an adhesion between. Now I keep thinking......Is something going to go wrong, or does he think something else is wrong? Now I feel like a big ball is going to drop anyday......
Unread 02-05-2008, 01:00 PM

Bethany--maybe he was just saying that you've healed better than he hoped--and that's a good thing!

Also, have you seen the latest news about what the appendix is for? They've decided that it is what puts the good bacteria in your gut after you've been sick. If I were you, I would look for some probiotic yogurt or other products and get that good bacteria back into your gut through your food supply. With the gas, etc, that sounds to me like what your problem is.
Unread 02-05-2008, 05:42 PM

Well, back to reality today. I can't work a shortened schedule at school so I was in at 6:30am this morning and left at 4:30am. Let me tell you: teenagers don't care if you're 100% or not when it comes to misbehaving! I gave out detentions, supervised the cafeteria, searched lockers, walked a ton around the building, and made phone calls... My pants would barely stay buttoned by the end of the day from the walking, moving, etc. BUT other than my back hurting a bit it was good to be back to using my brain and being productive! Everyone was so nice about my return (besides the one woman who "sympathized" with me about the tragedy of the surgery and my not having children...um, I barely know her?!)

...although I do miss my daytime TV and shopping, lunch with friends, and most importantly: MY COUCH and Blanket!
Unread 02-05-2008, 07:41 PM

I had a rough one today. Everything I tried to do seemed to be much harder than it should've been. Tomorrow is my first official day back to work. Well, my first day trying to write a song with a complete stranger. It's the weirdest part about my job. It's almost like a blind date. You get "set up" with another writer by your publishers and you lock yourself in a little room for a few hours and if the "date" goes well... you come out with a song. My brain still feels fuzzy sometimes... (like today when I couldn't figure out my Quicken!!)... and I hope I don't just sit there tomorrow brain-dead and my "date" thinks I'm awful.

We have tornado warnings come at us left and right... better go get my candles ready. I sense a loss of power coming again. ooh.... maybe there's a song in there!! If I write it tomorrow I'll let you know!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register