Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 138 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 02-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Oh yeah, did everyone here tell their coworkers about their surgery? There are only 11 people on my floor and the 8 women knew, but I hadn't told the men. I was hoping people would tell them while I was gone, but as I've learned everyone has been very tight-lipped and kept my hyst private. It's good, but I've had a few uncomfortable moments when I've had to explain to people where I've been. There are 200 ppl in my building that I work with on a pretty daily to weekly basis, some ask, some don't.

Caa - you're right about the guys. They accept the news and move on, it's the women who pass judgment or ask too many questions!! Why do we do this to eachother?!

When one of my closer coworkers and I first saw eachother after 6 weeks we broke into a little squeal with hugs and were talking a mile a minute. It wasn't until I got done explaining about my ovaries still being intact but being cut off from the blood supply from the uterus and subsequent hormone issues that I looked over and realized that we were standing in one of our male coworker's offices. . . . . with his mouth open. I also just then learned that he didn't even know why I had been gone. It was pretty hilarious and we politely left and regrouped in my office to girl-chat! hahahaha! He did admit yesterday that he learns something new from us women each day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2008, 03:06 PM

Try explaining to teenagers!!!! The students are so blunt and matter of fact: they nod and move on...and the sensible ones heard the rumors and don't ask! They're fighting, smoking pot, drinking and keeping me on my toes.
Actually, word got around (just fine with me) about the cancer and hyst so I didn't have to tell anyone really! Now I just have to deal with well intentioned coworkers who think they should tell me how devasted they are for me. I keep saying "Stage 1--95% chance it won't come back...why are you so sorry?? I have many options down the road, am lucky and thankful. I've got all the kids (2300) here at school to keep me from wanting any of my own anytime soon!"
Unread 02-07-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmrl
Oh yeah, did everyone here tell their coworkers about their surgery?
NOPE. I'm an adjunct at our local college, no job security as it is. I'd rather be functioning at near-normal, THEN tell someone. Only a handful of folks knew beforehand. I told more folks at church, and at the store where I teach studio, than I did at primary job. And most of the guys haven't even gotten squicked at it, in fact they tell me about the women in their lives who have had the surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2008, 05:55 PM

I noticed the guys are like that where I worked. The women all said I would feel so much better after I recovered. They also told me my sex drive would diminish. That is not an issue for me. On my discharge papers from the Castle it said no relations for 4 weeks. Well at my 7 week check up my two doctors told me it was ok to start having it again but to start slow. I did not dare tell them we had been active for 3 weeks.

Has anyone else noticed they are suddenly very hungry all the time? I am craving breads and crunchy chips and stuff that I never craved before. I also suddenly gained 5 pounds. Maybe those cravings are catching up with me.

I used to crave chocolate but am not doing that now. Seems like my whole body is changing.
Unread 02-07-2008, 05:56 PM

I got my pathology report also. Turns out I had two different forms of Endometriosis. That explains the constant bleeding and pain. There were lots of adhesions on the right side and that explains the pain I still get occasionally.
Unread 02-07-2008, 06:34 PM

many of the women where i work knew because i told them as soon as i knew. and the men - well it was word of mouth what exactly i was off for- though i told a couple.
But to be honest--i guess i was kind of oblivious to the fact it was looked at as such "a private type surgery." To me it was a part i didnt need anymore- and it was causing me problems. just like say a gallbladder. (of course i wasnt talking about the vag. cuff or hbis or anything)
In the long run, it was society that really made me feel i shouldnt be talking about it.
lady4- that is too funny. but i had heard the same thing about the sex drive. arent you glad they were wrong?
Unread 02-07-2008, 07:27 PM

lady4- that is too funny. but i had heard the same thing about the sex drive. arent you glad they were wrong?[/quote]

I am very glad the girls were wrong. I hope I don't loose it.

I am having some emotional issues now that I am on HRT. One minute up and the next down. Mostly down and tired.

Everything seems to take so much effort right now. i know if I just keep plugging away I will build up some stamina. Of course going outside and chipping ice from the driveway did not help. Especially since I decided to leave the crutches in the house. Well at least I was icing my foot at the time. My feet were frozen by the time I came in.
Unread 02-07-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit&ready
In the long run, it was society that really made me feel i shouldnt be talking about it.
Well since there's the Vagina Monologues, shouldn't there be the Uterus Chronicles or something like that? Heh.
Unread 02-07-2008, 09:53 PM

I think they look at us funny because secretly they're afraid we're going to go menopausal on them! Oh, I so want to do that one of these days just for fun - okay - sick sense of humor, I admit, but I think they're all waiting for me to explode anyway, maybe I'll have some fun with it!

I never had a sex drive after dd's were born, I'm hoping the testosterone in the HRT will help with that, if my dh ever gets over being all nervous! It would be hysterically ironic if suddenly I had one and he doesn't!

Survived the anniversary of Mom's death, cried a lot, a couple of friends took me to the cemetery, then out to lunch. My dh brough Chinese for dinner, and my dds fought just a bit less than normal.

Taking my sick sense of humor and sore throat to bed, hope you all have sweet dreams and stay safe.
K
Unread 02-08-2008, 06:16 AM

Wow, I don't post much, but I read everything. There is so much else going on in everybodies life but the stay at the castle brings everyone together. I start back to work on Monday and am a bit nervous. It was great to hear about the reactions of co workers. Hopefully I'll be prepared. Part of me is anxious to get back to normal but I have loved cocooning for the month of Jan. from our cold Ontario winters, where nobody had an expectations of me (my kids are away at university.so it is just my dh and me). I go back to my job as a high school secretary and while there has been a temp in there for me, I know there will be a pile of work to get caught up on. I plan to use today and this weekend relaxing and making sure I have something professional to wear on Monday. Thanks again ladies for your company and laughter.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register