Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 143 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 02-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

I'm getting the swelly belly thing too, and I'm roughly 2 months post-op. This week was mostly good, I had so much energy -- then something turned yesterday and I was in the chair. But I didn't eat well yesterday, that was part of it. A little better today, but still feel swollen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2008, 04:05 PM

I still have the swelly "shelf" type area above my scar.. and it is still very sensitive under my scar. Still have areas of numbness too, but that seems to be getting a bit better each week. Energy levels are up and down.....

One of our best friend's father died this morning. His wife died a few months ago and he hasn't been the same since her death... He has missed her so much. While my friend and I were both crying at 6am this morning over the news of his passing, she looked at me with her big, expressive eyes wide open and said, "Today is Valentine's Day"..... we both realized that he's with his sweet Nancy again..... it's almost like he couldn't live through one single Valentine's Day without his Valentine.....He was 72. Good-bye to a dear sweet man... we will miss him, but I have a feeling he's right where he wants to be. Back in his sweetheart's arms. I've been hugging my dh a little more often and a little tighter today.

I hope you all have a special V-Day with someone that you love! Some years it was just me and my son, but that was always special too!
Unread 02-14-2008, 04:16 PM

mimilu52- congratulations on the all clear!! Great to hear!! No cancer is always a good thing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie1998
I still have the swelly "shelf" type area above my scar.. and it is still very sensitive under my scar. Still have areas of numbness too, but that seems to be getting a bit better each week. Energy levels are up and down.....

One of our best friend's father died this morning. His wife died a few months ago and he hasn't been the same since her death... He has missed her so much. While my friend and I were both crying at 6am this morning over the news of his passing, she looked at me with her big, expressive eyes wide open and said, "Today is Valentine's Day"..... we both realized that he's with his sweet Nancy again..... it's almost like he couldn't live through one single Valentine's Day without his Valentine.....He was 72. Good-bye to a dear sweet man... we will miss him, but I have a feeling he's right where he wants to be. Back in his sweetheart's arms. I've been hugging my dh a little more often and a little tighter today.

I hope you all have a special V-Day with someone that you love! Some years it was just me and my son, but that was always special too!
That just slays me -- a song in there, too.

My DH and I went to dinner last night, because I have rehearsal tonight. Then I suggested he take his daughter for dinner before she goes to church.

Happy V day to all of you!
Unread 02-14-2008, 06:10 PM

Hi ladies - busy week as usual almost back to usual schedule but not gym and I am eating too much since back at work.....today was too many brownies...tomorrow is yet another day....just wanted to get on and say hello to my sisters....some trying times at home with me teenage daugher too so that has added a lot of stress to my days...hopeing things settle out a bit....off to do some school work and then to bed... I will have more time over the weekend to catch up...Is it too early to go to bed at 8:30??? Night ladies... - Suzyq
Unread 02-15-2008, 09:13 AM

annie- I am so sorry about your friend. It is comforting to think that they are now with the ones they loved most in life.

well, went to tgi fridays for dinner- splurged and had a strawberry margarita, but did good only having chicken breast and a salad- trade offs. Still get that wonderful gas- and tight jeans do not make a good mix. Felt like i was going to explode the whole night.
Besides that the concert was really good, but was up til 1:30 this morning writing review...the not so fun part.

suzyq- glad to see your hangin in there! adealing with teenagers is so much fun-depr. ds is now dating someone new- like he needs more drama in his life! i dont think I can take another of his breakups- lol. not. so hoping this one goes better.

housework calls - half awake or not. hope everyone had a good V-day.
Unread 02-15-2008, 05:22 PM

Mimilu, I'm so happy to hear about your good report!! I hope everything else is going well too

I've been trying to get back to a normal work schedule this week so I haven't been checking in much. I do want to relay a couple of the things I learned from my Gyn last Friday. First, he explained that the continued pains in our sides are from the ovarian nerve which can take a few months to die after being severed. He said injured nerves only "know how to do one thing, and that's SCREAM." He also said the nerve is quite long which is why it takes so long to die, and that's why we continue to have "ovarian pain" even when the ovaries have been removed. I suppose that goes for all the nerves which were injured or severed during the surgeries.
As for the swelling, he agreed with many of the earlier posts that it can last as long as six months! The thing he stressed most of all though is that most women are unprepared for the "bone-numbing fatigue" that can last through the first year post op. I was so relieved to talk to him and be reassured that I'm really not supposed to be back to 100% at six weeks.
My exam was much better than the 4 week one; no pain even though the cuff is healing very slowly. My no-HBI restriction was extended four more weeks!
I hope everyone is doing well and will continue to check in now and then.

Texoma2
Unread 02-15-2008, 05:42 PM

Hi

I've been back to work for the last two or three weeks. I only work part time anyway. But one day a week is a full day and that just about killed me. Luckily I'm off the day after. So, I get a chance to recuperate. Everything is getting back to normal. I haven't done the gym yet. I think I'll do it in March. I've been hiking. My body doesn't like inclines too much. It reminds me, "Hey, have you forgotten you had surgery, here. Take it easy, babe". I do short hikes. I haven't tried the bicycle yet. . When I went to my 6 week post-op, sometime ago; I found out that my fibroid (I had a hysterectomy due to uterine fibroid[s]; ovaries and cervix intact) was much larger than we had imagined. It was a real challenge--successful one I might add--to perform laparscopically. The fibroid was 19.5cm . After the surgery, I didn't look 5 months pregnant anymore. I've lost almost 10 lbs. I've been getting so many compliments on how great I look. I just started back with my love life. Everything is pretty much back to normal, if not better. I think, to be honest with you, I'm a little more sensitive...Whoo Hoo! So, right now I can honestly say all is good.

Nadine
Unread 02-15-2008, 07:56 PM

Hmm bone numbing fatigue. That is an interesting way of putting it. I definitely understand. I am going for my final exam on Tuesday though my works Employee Heath department to see if they will release me to work. I am required to have a sedentary job now. Not due to the Hyst but for my foot and knee. I still can't walk much but did manage to walk about a mile through the mall yesterday. My legs feel like I just ran 5 miles. Our muscles atrophy so quickly.

I have to remind myself to be patient. My doc just cut my hormones in half. The mood swings were extreme. I think they were afraid I would hurt myself or something. I felt like I was going crazy.
Unread 02-16-2008, 05:55 AM

texoma2 - you're doc was more forthcoming than mine...thanks for sharing...it makes great sense and I'm so glad to know I haven't done seomthing to myself and that the ovarian pain is normal! I've been calling it Phantom Pain...
I'm off to San Antonio today to hear my ds sing in All State Choir...hopefully the ice we have here won't keep me from flying out. DH decided not to come with me...wish he had realized how much I needed a little "time away" with him to see if the HBI might be achieved...we've not had any true success yet -- things are sooooo different -- reading about everyone else returning to sex and loving it is depressing me. I keep thinking, hey, no PMS, I should be able to do this any time I'd like, now...
First full week back at work was ok...I'm so far behind, though, feel like I'll never catch up, and now boss has a new project to dump on me for the next 2 weeks...it's been challenging getting coworkers to understand that just because my body is back in the chair doesn't mean my brain is fully functional yet! I've dropped a lot of balls in the last 3 weeks...keep telling them that my Superwoman Cape is at the cleaners and I don't expect it back for several months, so get used to it!! (Now if I could just get used to it!)
Have a great weekend and rest up sisters -- thanks for being here!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register