Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 144 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 02-16-2008, 07:38 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Good morning ladies...TGIS!!! This has been a busy week, hence not much posting. I did read but I was too tired to type and think. Not only work stuff and I have been back to full throttle (really sore and tired today and HAPPY SCHOOL VACATION WEEK!!!!) but, teenage daughter issues that lasted a few days when she was absent from the household....what a few days...hopefully we are all on the mend and making better choices. I have been eating like crazy from the stree and this week have not done well...up a few. Since the surgery I seem to be much more sensitaive to salt and seem to hold fluid...I don't ever recall having that as an issue. Anyone else seem to be more sensitive to that stuff....pizza, or chinese food, never a problem, lately rings get tight, AM weight the same as PM weigh (odd huh?) and poofy belly. My goal for this vacation is to get my butt back into a gym routine that I will continue once I get back to work. It was kind of nice to leave work and come straight home, rest and have dinner, but I MUST get back to the gym. Even if I do decide to have the TT this summer, I need to tighten and slim what I can prior to that, so no more leway, its time to get moving....hoping for a boring quiet restful day, need to catch up with my clothes....I was not so responsible about hanging my work duds the last couple of days....have a great day ladies...hope many of you are around to say hellooooo!!!! I will check back tonight....your sister in spirit )even when I am not on the board...) - Suzyq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2008, 09:18 AM

SuzyQ - I hope everything with teen daughter works out. I do not have a teen so I can't say I understand but I have two little ones and I know that being a parent is not always easy.
Unread 02-16-2008, 09:27 AM

Mollief -Do not be so hard on yourself regarding the HBI. DH and I have only tried once. It was not bad. I hope this is not too much TMI but I read somewhere that you can increase your labido by praticing self play, so before I approached my DH regarding the HBI, I practiced on myself. To me it made me a little more comfortable with him. I Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2008, 10:00 AM

I am SOOOO glad it's the weekend!! I'm lying in bed with my laptop beside me, a cup of warm coffee in my hands and watching HGTV... it's almost like I'm still a recovering princess!! Ahhhh....

Work has been crazy. Everyone found out I was back to work and my phone has been ringing off the wall. That's great on one hand, but since I always seem to have a problem with the word "no", I have completely over-booked myself and now I'm feeling over-whelmed. I'm looking at my calendar for next week and it's just ridiculous how much I scheduled for myself. WHAT was I THINKING?!?!? I guess I was just so anxious to be back to normal that I thought I could do it all......on top of THAT.... I'm on call for Jury Duty this whole month so if I get called for that this week... then everything else I've scheduled has to be re-scheduled for another week!! Oh dear, just typing this is making me start to panic.

Texoma.....that was great info about the nerve pain. Totally makes sense now....thanks!!

SuzyQ... i have an teenage step-dd. That's a HARD age!! Hang in there..... we went through a horrible stage with her, but she's slowly starting to make better choices and can see the light at the end of the tunnel..... but it was a LONG tunnel!! :-)
Unread 02-16-2008, 04:45 PM

Speeking of being tired out- anyone whose doing notice cardio is tougher than normal? i can do the fat burning mode on the treadmill- but i try the cardio setting and i feel totally washed out in the first ten minutes.
Maybe has to do with the post that the dr. said it takes a year get up to speed- but I sure hope not.

its been a long sat. -ds had last dist. solo and ensemble today - so was up at 6 and been going ever since. He got a one- so hes off to states next month. hes a happy camper for today.

thinking its time to settle in reading book 12 of stephanie plum for the night... take care all.
Unread 02-16-2008, 06:47 PM

I'm comfortable with "self play"...it's more that HBI hurts...won't be doing that again for a long time...tried again today and it was totally weird again...I give
Unread 02-16-2008, 07:10 PM

I had a relaxing morning... did some repairs around the house with a friend....ran a couple of errands, took myself out to lunch...took a two hour nap....I decided to get my food shopping done today and just got home at 8. I have to get my daughter and a friend at 9 and that will be that....

I have an appointment to get my taxes done on Tuesday and I have not done a think yet... better get busy with that tomorrow....

Decided to try to use the Alli that I bought last summer to help me with dieting. So I bought all kids of vegetables and fruit and I will take the first one either tomorrow night or Monday morning. I hope it helps without the side effects....hope you ladies are all ok

I was all ready for HBIs and my helpful friend, who was in the mood for weeks isn't since my daughter made us all so stressed out....go figure.... hope you are all have an interesting night....I will catch up with you all in the morning over coffee and breakfast....- Suzyq
Unread 02-17-2008, 08:41 AM

Well its freezing rain here with lots of ice so pretty much stuck inside today... thinking i may start painting our stair case and landing area... but need to find motivation first.

susqy - I feel your pain with taxes, ours are done,-but didnt go well. Turns out we are at that age- oldest ds made too much to claim him- and youngest too old to get child credit. I need to help him with his so we can finish the lovely faspa form. (Also sorry to hear your long awaited hbi event was put down)

Anyone else seeing hosp. bills yet? I finally got print out from insurance company and it looks like surgery is totally covered- and the dr. only owe like 55. so now waiting to see how much I owe for terrible hospital stay.
Unread 02-17-2008, 09:47 AM

I got a hospital bill, for $100.

Sorry about all the HBIs being short-circuited -- teenagers do that, just like my house!

I've felt very tired in my abdomen this week, and it was kind of painful yesterday. Good thing that DH drove us to his parent's house, I didn't want to drive. So today I'm loading up on Tylenol (seems to work better than Motrin for pain) and am heading to church. Later on members of my women's choir and our church choir are attending a special festival concert at the cathedral in downtown L.A. so that will be exciting! I just hope I don't have to drive, I'd prefer to be rested for my Tuesday night trip.
Unread 02-17-2008, 03:53 PM

Hi ladies - a relatively quiet day...I am sooooo tired today and yesterday like the week of work and stress is catching up with me....I just want to lay around and rest....I think tomorrow will be diet day....time to start doing something.... I was hoping to get to the gym today but me knee is killing me. Any of you guys feeling achier than usual? Don't knowif its age, hormones, less gym stuff...feel like 100 years old when I get up. Anyone have exciting plans for the week? Seems like it was just Christmas week and we were all just post op!!! My incision and tummy area have felt sore too.... I will check in later tonight but you guys are all so busy....
F and R I am impressed with all of your painiting... my daughter wants to paint her room this summer. I told it needs to be cleaned first.. well its nearly 5 and I should talk care of my doggies and get started on some dinner. Catch you later ladies... - Suzyq

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register