Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 149 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 02-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Ladies, now that you are more than 8 weeks post op, this progress thread has been moved to the Date club forum for you to continue with your friendships.

Keep it going. Pass it on!

HysterSisters thrives because of the woman-to-woman support we offer to each other! Please venture out of your date group to help other women while you continue to receive support through new threads you start for your concerns.

Please visit the PRE-Op and POST-op forum to help offer support to our members as you pass on the woman to woman support!

Thank you for making a difference at Hystersisters.com with your "woman to woman" support and kindness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2008, 06:19 PM

Thanks to you all for being there to help us when we needed it too.....
Unread 02-26-2008, 06:42 PM

This site has been SUCH a blessing!!

Fit.... I hope you can post a link to what you sent me today.... I think everyone will get a kick out of it!!

Well, I went to my dr. today.... and guess what!!! I'm perfectly normal!!! Everything is fine according to him...... but then again, I'm not sure I believe him anymore since he walked into my room and said "Well hello! I hear you are still having some pain.... that's unusual since it's been over a year since your surgery, right?"..... I just sat there staring at him in disbelief and thought to myself, "I let this man CUT ME OPEN two months ago and he doesn't even remember it?!?!" LOL There was a long silence and I finally said, "Ummm. no..... it's only been 9 weeks. It was Dec. 21st." He smiled a funny smile, looked a little embarassed and said, "Well, that WAS last year, right?".... geez!!

Anyway, he said all my pain sounds like nerve pain and that will last off and on for up to a year. darn. Then he said that my abdominal muscles are SO out of shape from no use at all for the last two months that I just need to start some serious ab/core work and that should also help my back pain. That's all I needed to hear. I've been doing a little bit of exercise, but I wasn't sure if I was doing too much or not enough... guess I need to amp it up a bit.

Hope everyone is doing well... it's snowing tonight in Nashville!! Yipee!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2008, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie1998
Anyway, he said all my pain sounds like nerve pain and that will last off and on for up to a year. darn. Then he said that my abdominal muscles are SO out of shape from no use at all for the last two months that I just need to start some serious ab/core work and that should also help my back pain. That's all I needed to hear. I've been doing a little bit of exercise, but I wasn't sure if I was doing too much or not enough... guess I need to amp it up a bit.
I'm back at Curves, and two weeks ago, they said I was down 3.5 lbs and a 1/2 inch smaller around my hips. Then this week, my measurements haven't changed, save for 1/2 inch less in my thighs, but I'm "up" 6 lbs. (might be a combo of returning muscle mass and water) So we're going to monitor my progress every 2 weeks.

And about snow -- it was in the upper 60s today, clear and breezy!
Unread 02-27-2008, 08:29 AM

Im so glad i found the post- and annie -so glad all is ok! seriously try a pilates dvd for an slow way back to the ab workouts- im still on that track too.
Friday i am getting orientaion for the nautilus machines at the Y. I am so hoping knowing what im doing will help- because right now im just doing the treadmill and elipt. and looking stupid trying to figure out the machines!

BUT this is for ALL the sisters who helped me through this whole thing- i wrote a family column for the newspaper i work for about my online buddies. It was just posted online.... check in out via the link.... Admin. Note: Link removed in accordance with Hystersisters TOS.
Unread 02-27-2008, 10:32 AM

fit and ready...What a great article. I printed it to add to my "scrapbook" and forwarded it to a friend who just visited the castle. She rolled her eyes when I told her about the web site, but I think the way you explained it, might get her curious. Thanks for sharing
Unread 02-27-2008, 12:59 PM

Nice little article!
Unread 02-27-2008, 06:06 PM

Yes, I agree... wonderful article Fit!!

I bought one of those balance balls today at Target.. comes with a workout dvd... seems like it will be good for getting my abs back in shape. I also dug out my Winsor Pilates dvd.. and the ring you press between your legs that came with it. Hopefully this will get me started in the right direction. Maybe then I will take the next step and join a gym. I was going to join a Ladies Total Fitness gym that was just down the street, but it CLOSED while I was confined during my six weeks recovery..... bummer.
Unread 02-29-2008, 03:42 PM

thanks for the response to the column... just wanted ya all to know how i felt! I see they took the link to the column off now- didnt know i couldnt do that because id seen links on post before. (for anyone who missed it, pv and i will send it to you.)

I think the rest of our crew lost us though! (i complained to the contact email here im not getting any updates in my email - is everyone else.)

Well i made it through the weight training set-up- now if i can remember it all. its pretty cool though a computer tracks everything - even what you do at home can be entered via the internet. Now DH and DS want me to go back to the Y tomorrow with them
annie and soprano, this is the first time in my life ive been a gym member- some times im very intimidated when im there. all these in shape people, then someone who really needs to be there climbs on a machine next to me- makes me feel a little more human. all in all, I am really excited to see if it puts me over this platuoa ive created the past year.
Unread 03-06-2008, 03:23 PM

Hello ladies...I miss you all...it took me forever to find our thread...but here we are. Anyway I hope everyone is doing well. I'm still fighting fatigue and I've forgotten key parts of my job, which is driving me crazy. Fortunately I have a pretty understanding boss, and I've been able to laugh off most of it, but it's very frustrating to continue to drop balls, when I'm so used to being the master juggler.
I wonder if I'll ever really feel like myself again.
Still no luck in the HBI department...I've read on some of the boards here about "use it or lose it", and I'm afraid I'm going to lose it. My dh won't touch me anymore. I guess he's afraid to. We don't talk about it (we don't talk period), so I shouldn't be too surprised I guess.
Are your clothes fitting again? I'm still feeling some vaginal pressure and discomfort with the swelly belly at the end of the day. Crying jags, too...hard to tell if these are truly from the distress over my marriage, or if I'm just hormonal...I'm usually the upbeat one. I have a lot of second thoughts now that the surgery is over...while my pain level is better I can't shake this feeling that I'll never really be me again. While I didn't want or need anymore children, there is a grief that I feel that is unexplainable.
Anyway, ladies, please come back and say hello...I miss you!
Blessings,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register