Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 12-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Gina: I had a dream that my boss had moved my office to the foyer and that there was an old aquarium with fish in it who needed rescuing...woke up in a real sweat...this is so weird!
support needed: I feel crummy too and my ah was 12/18...I think it's normal...I too have the uncomfortable feeling in bladder/ureter sensation. I guess it's from the catheter. If I don't sit too long it tends to go away.
Fit and Ready: Take it easy...I think I've done something great when I get done with two trips up and down the hall. Every day is a little bit better, but also different...as long as you are passing gas, don't sweat the bm...keep taking the stool softener, though, and be prepared that when it hits it may be really uncomfortable. It took a while for me too...I'm having an interesting time balancing out the diet to keep it moving, but not "too much"! Our bodies are really pretty amazing.

Good night
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2007, 09:09 PM

Dont forget the gas x I take it after lunch and I have not had to deal with any gas after my first bm day before yesterday I started taking doculax daily to make sure I dont have any issues...... by the way I woke up last night after just laying down and my DH was still up I was asleep for 1/2 hour and I dreamt about a talking baseball glove over my shoulder telling me I was a lousy player and balls were being thrown at me.... I don't even play wierd.... I am switching to Motrin.... this afternoon after I came back from doc I layed down and I was with a woman who was showing me her prized skunks hoards of them in dog kennels... that woke me up quick took a motrin
Unread 12-26-2007, 09:10 PM

I'm probably pushing it, but I went in to work today. I was getting bored at home, and wanted to see how work was on a slow day. I stayed for half the day. It wasn't too bad, since I have a desk job. I'll decide in the morning if I feel like going in again. My day to be back is next Wed. I hurt more tonight than I have for a while, but I think I'll sleep good.
My Dr visit is next week. I took my stitches out on Mon. I think I scratched while I was sleeping, and probably caused a scar. Without the stitches they don't itch like crazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2007, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet97
I'm probably pushing it, but I went in to work today. I was getting bored at home, and wanted to see how work was on a slow day. I stayed for half the day. It wasn't too bad, since I have a desk job. I'll decide in the morning if I feel like going in again. My day to be back is next Wed. I hurt more tonight than I have for a while, but I think I'll sleep good.
My Dr visit is next week. I took my stitches out on Mon. I think I scratched while I was sleeping, and probably caused a scar. Without the stitches they don't itch like crazy.
Wow, I can't believe you went back to work! I have to take a doctors note back saying that I can go back to work - which I don't go back to the doctor until January 11th, so I am off for at least 4 weeks! In fact, my doctor told me to take off at least 4 weeks and I have a desk job too!
Unread 12-27-2007, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio61
Dont forget the gas x I take it after lunch and I have not had to deal with any gas after my first bm day before yesterday I started taking doculax daily to make sure I dont have any issues...... by the way I woke up last night after just laying down and my DH was still up I was asleep for 1/2 hour and I dreamt about a talking baseball glove over my shoulder telling me I was a lousy player and balls were being thrown at me.... I don't even play wierd.... I am switching to Motrin.... this afternoon after I came back from doc I layed down and I was with a woman who was showing me her prized skunks hoards of them in dog kennels... that woke me up quick took a motrin
Those are some strange dreams! Luckily I never had any funny dreams while I took my pain killers!
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:01 AM

Good morning all...hope everyone had a quiet uneventful night. I have been having some odd dreams but I don't remember them, but on the perc they are not anything like the ones on Vicodan i had from a back problem a while ago. This morning I went upstairs and made myself coffee for breakfast. My first real cup in a while and I think it is triggering a hot flash.... Each day I try a different strategy to deal with pain...yesterday I only took halves of perc and a whole one at night. In the afternoon I took advil instead of the 800 mg. motrin so as not to irritate my reflux. Only pooped the one time yesterday morning, but I feel like I have passed more gas and so that makes me a little more comfortable. I still continue on my regime of colace, benefiber and night time supplementation with Lactulose and eating prunes and hopefully higher fiber foods and lots of water and some juice. Hopefully things will get more regular. Then I will know I am on the road to recovery. My surgery was less than a week a go and I can lay flat, lay on my sides, walk standing up, etc. It is amazing how quickly things can change....one way or the other.... need to see how comfortable it is to sit in a chair. The hopsital gave me I guess the equivilant of the swelly belly band and I find if I sit in a chair on a pillow, with the belt on it isn't too bad, but I would not want to wear it to work...I would need a moumou to cover it up.... Hope everyone has a quiet day...anyone investigating HRT? If so would love to hear thoughts....it is something I do have to think about unfortunately ending up with the TAH, instead of a LSH -uterus. Check in with you all tonight...have a pain free, poop filled, gas passing day!!!! - Suzyq
Unread 12-27-2007, 09:05 AM

It's interesting to read about everyone's different levels of recuperation....some taking trips to the store. up to 3 blocks walking, etc. I honestly feel like I should be doing more, but I promise, just walking a couple of houses down and back wears me out.......ugh! Depression is starting to set in, so I really need to try to combat that today...which means opening the windows, going outside as much as possible, etc. I did bring my dogs in for a while yesterday. Both my son and hubby kinda stood guard to make sure the rambunctious (sp?!) Basset didn't leap into my lap. It was really funny to watch him jump onto the sofa and slink over next to me. He KNOWS that I am the main one who spoils him, so he had to get past the guards to get to his mommy. It was very cute. Later, my son got him to settle in on the bed next to me W/O being on my tummy. Good dog!

Going to the dr. today to see what he says.
Unread 12-27-2007, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyqsuzyq
Check in with you all tonight...have a pain free, poop filled, gas passing day!!!! - Suzyq

Somehow missed this page the 1st time around this morning, but I have to say this send off gave me the laugh I needed!!!!!!
Unread 12-27-2007, 09:18 AM

Good morining ladies- just thought I would get on and say hello before leaving to get my STAPLES out yea!!! I was getting caught up on my reading of posts. Supprtneeded- don't worry about feeling like you have to do more...don't push things you just have to listen to your body. I didn't when I decided to do some after christmas shopping....it was really a BAD idea and I can't even imagine walking 3 blocks. I can barely get out of the chair most days without something pulling in my incision. so my advice is to just listen to your body and take it easy. It's been kind of nice with my DH he keeps telling me to "get out of his kitchen" however he did let me set the table last night after begging to help! anyway I must go the the MD office I will post when I get back. have a great morning ladies.

Deb
TAH 12/20/07
Unread 12-27-2007, 09:51 AM

I seem to start the day off in bright spirits and it goes down from there as the day wears on. I'm not taking too much pain stuff now. Still on those stool softeneers though...they are my friend for sure. I can't fathom going to work...still too weak, and I have a desk job too! I need to make my postop appt today. My doc took stitches out before I left the hospital...said the rest would dissolve on their own. Walking to the mailbox is my big outing to look forward to...the cat has been very protective of me...wants to be close, and I think he gets now that he can't "make biscuits" on my belly for now! A friend brought the entire set of Northern Exposure DVDS to me yesterday, so I'm ready to do a little laughing. Good luck everyone. PS Can anyone tell me what "Sticky Thread" means with teh blue pushpin? Thanks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register