Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 150 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 03-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

HI!!!! I tried to find us the other night and had no luck...where are we now???? I have not had HBIs either but I need to rely on a sometimes friend to try out the equipment....work is OK, but busy. The first two weeks were really tough, but since the February recess I have felt better. I made it back to the gym twice this week, since well before the surgery so that made me feel good. I am trying to behave diet wise but it is always a challenge, it has always been one.... my belly has always been a source of frustration since my c-sections so this was just a repeat. The only way I will be happy is when I have a tummy tuck which I would love to have this summer if I can afford it.

I think you will feel better physically, but when your heart is heavy, other stuff doesn't feel well either. I am sorry your marriage is such a source of stress. I went thru the same thing and finally got a divorce after 24 years of it. It was challenging at the beginning but a good choice. I hope you find some peace for yourself with the situation you are dealing with. Perhaps you do need to put yourself at the top of the list. I hope my advice helps a lttle.

I hope some of our other sisters find their way back...I will keep you in my thoughts... - Suzyq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2008, 05:27 PM

I'm here (marked this as a watched thread).

I'm back in one pair of jeans, but not the other. I'm still getting tired after a lot of activity, but fortunately those stretches of activity get longer and longer. I went to a convention last weekend and lasted 3 days on adrenaline, then crashed for most of the next day, and got very emotional that night.

I'm working out but only seeing minimal results, so my diet is due for more refinement -- and I also have body issues that are way older than this operation. So I've signed up to do the Prism Weight Loss Program (my church started a group), and I got really agitated when I kept hearing what I couldn't have during the first 6 weeks -- I kept saying "even Curves lets you have crackers, and has food replacement shakes". But when I was walking our labyrinth (a temporary one we have for during Lent), it came to me that I get agitated when I'm told what to do in that area, and that is not unlike some of the control issues that addicts have. So I guess you don't have to be stuffing your face 24/7 to be a food addict. Although I've been eating better anyway, this will still be a shock. So wish me luck.
Unread 03-07-2008, 05:28 AM

Morning ladies- so glad to see some more on the thread.
mol. so sorry you are dealing with this while emotionally still healing from surgery.
As far as missing something, I get that too, in my head I know i didnt need anything i lost (surgery wise) yet I still sometimes feel "somethings missing." On the flip side Im less emotional and find it harder to get in touch with side that of me- (uteran tracking gone?). I usaully thrive on my emotions- maybe thats where im feeling the loss?
Im hitting the gym too- as the rest of you ....Im maintaining again and guess thats better than gaining. The body issues. Yuk- I was assessing what I needed to really focus on in the mirror last night! Decided the three areas are pretty typical with age- so not sure how far i can go to change them. Tummy - love handles and inner thighs. good luck to all of us trying though.
My belly is not swelling as much and I wear most all my old clothes. If fact did some major bargain shopping yesterday- played hooky from work(after a dentist app.) lots of good deals out there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2008, 07:22 AM

Glad to hear from you...I guess our thread is in the Date Club Forum now.
I'm so tired at the end of the day, even though I'm watching my diet, taking vitamins, etc., just don't quite feel ready to start the excercise routine yet. Maybe it will warm up soon and I can start walking...got to start somewhere!
Thanks for words of encouragement...this site has been an anchor for me through this whole thing...friends who haven't been through it don't really get it.
Have a great day!
Unread 03-07-2008, 08:30 AM

Hello ladies!

I just now got an email telling me that someone had posted on here.. i forget to check without reminders! I'm needing reminders for ALOT of thing these days! ha!

Mol... hang in there. Sounds like you might be a little depressed, hon. Have you spoken with your dr. about how you are feeling? I know when my ex-dh didn't show interest in me, it affected me in a big way. I'm so sorry you are going through a tough time. Maybe you should pick up some uplifting books.... have you read "The Purpose Driven Life".... it made a world of difference for me when I was feeling depressed and lost a bit in my life!

I'm starting to exercise this week and watching my diet a bit. Seems I am starting to inch back into the old clothes. I have come to terms with the fact that I probably won't ever look exactly like I did before, but that's okay. I'm embracing my "womanly" curves and dh doesn't seem to mind them, so that's good!!

I"ll check in later.... running to work now!
Unread 03-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Hi Everyone!!!

I couldnt find us anymore I was so sad and just tired of trying...No more emails were coming with posts...I was so sad. Then WaLa today an email which led me to the post of how to find us thru DateClub Forum.....Yeah!!!, Well I have had quite a time 3 weeks ago after my little hole on incision healed up and stopped leaking I IMPLODED all over the place blood and yellow everywhere. My incision had hurt all week B4 it blew and after whata relief from pain. They say well it has to come out somewhere so it's good it found it's way out again....YUCK so I am leaking again beginning to feel like a faucet. I finished my radiation 5 inter-vaginal and I am so happy it is over. Uh Oh gotta go potty right now!!!!
D from the RAD, Write later. Happy you are all still here!!!
Unread 03-08-2008, 07:35 AM

mimilu- Imploded? yikes! Glad its all ok now and you are through rad! sometimes i get reminders and other times not- so i just bookmarked this page and go to last page for new posts. But im with Annie the reminders are the best!
Last week I had such a "focused" week- as in my brain was engaged and i accomplished so much at work and home!BUT because i know it wont last... I just wish i could figure out why and bottle it! probably could make millions if i could...
Onward with a couple busy days ahead youngest dh has band festival and then we are heading to the y. (He is still struggling with depression and upcoming college auditions the next two fridays - arent helping the stress level -so hoping working-out will help.)
Unread 03-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Implosion!! LOL

Hey Fit&Ready, Did you see I am from MI. also? Yes imploded I mean to say when it went it was like a volcano. One minute I was fine but hurting at the incision and the next my clothes were soaked in blood and fluids. Had to hop in shower to strip off clothes and I was shaking all over thinking my incision ruptured open. Never thinking so much could come out of one little hole...Whew unbelievable. Well it's snowing again suppose to get alot again they say. About the Inter-Vaginal Radiation. Has anyone on here had this? I was in shock Thursday (MY last day of RAD!)as was my hubby when the Dr. said to go see his nurse after I get dressed to get my Dialator for the Vagina to start using about 1 week after last Rad which I already knew I had to do. So I asked him how often will I need to do this and he said...3 X's a week for 15 mins. And I said for how long? His reply was a long time....
So I again asked the nurse as she opens box to show me the thing that looks like a Torpedo Dilado rubber and pointed tip aside...NO buttons!! You do the action yourself wiggleing it around UCK!! FOR 15 MINUTES I say ????
You gotta be kidding me!!! So how long? I ask do I have to do this for.. to keep adhesions from forming inside my vagina making it impossibly painful to be examined or have paps or whatever???? SHE SAYS TO ME!!! FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!! OH MY God is all I could say in total shock...No wonder they don't tell you the whole thing B4 the RAD.... I can just see me 80 yrs. old on the edge of my chair wiggleing that darn thing I am so mad that nobody told me this prior to the treatment. NOT FAIR!!! Well anywho... I bought a Flex Bow I think it's called where you sit in a firm chair with the rubber under your feet and take the pole and raise it up and then lower it. The tension in it is pretty strong and there's lots of different exercises to do with it even for your neck and face area to help it not sag. So I will be having fun watching the dvd on it today to see how to use properly. Can't do anything to active with the belly thing going on still but it will help with my arms and stuff till I can use it for lower half later as this thing heals. I have been using my Bongs for the tension in my back and neck lately and I bought my hubby a Shiatsu Massaging Cushion for his chair and it really feels great on the back :walk too....Well hug's to all. Happy to find you gals again!
Unread 03-08-2008, 11:36 AM

Hi Sisters...omg mimilu you made me laugh out loud.....I should probably do the same thing...with no HBIs to speak of my equipment is probably shriveled like an old something or other. I did make it to the gym 3 times this week and feelilng great about that...although the inside of my hoohoo started hurting yesterday afternoon. It almost felt like a spontaneous yeast infection, but thats not possible....don't know why it felt like itchy, burned. I tried some of the hystersisters very personal mositure stuff and that seemed to help a little. I will have to see what happens.

Work is busy and in many ways I am happy to be back and feeling almost normal... It was so nice to chat with you all and hear about our lives moving forward...

I hope we all make an effort to keep in touch and thank goodness when someone posts it shoots a message to my e-mail because I can't find the thread....I guess I will save one so I can always find my way home to my sisters Have a great day all and look forward to keeping back in touch - Suzyq
Unread 03-09-2008, 08:13 AM

mimi- no didnt see you were from michigan. so you are feeling my pain of wanting spring too? enough snow already-though we have dodged the bullet the past two storms. (im up near saginaw - hemlock area) i still spend way too much time online, but its the only time I sit still for any length of time - or until it gets warm here anyhow.
The really sucks-having to do anything the rest of your life like that! The good thing is - everything changes - and quickly with technology and health advancements. A suggestion, do what you have to for now, and keep checking online and with your doc to make sure there is no new procedures or treatments to change that.
susyq, nice to see you online. and whohoo for you 3 times this week to the gym! how the alli going? i just started the weight machines and am wondering how long before i will see results? i know its a slow process, but of course i want it now. lol.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register