Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 156 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 03-26-2008, 06:53 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Here is a little pick me up for those that need one (LIKE ME!)

One for the ladies

One day my housework-challenged husband decided to wash his Sweat-shirt Seconds after he stepped into the laundry room, he shouted to me, 'What setting do I use on the washing machine?' 'It depends,' I replied. 'What does it say on your shirt?'
He yelled back, ' University of Oklahoma.'
And they say blondes are dumb...
----------------------------------------------
A couple is lying in bed. The man says, 'I am going to make you the happiest woman in the world.' The woman replies, 'I'll miss you...'
'It's just too hot to wear clothes today,' Jack says as he stepped out of the shower, 'honey, what do you think the neighbors would think if I mowed the lawn like this?' 'Probably that I married you for your money,' she replied.
Dear Lord,
I pray for Wisdom to understand my man; Love to forgive him; And Patience for his moods; Because, Lord, if I pray for Strength, I'll beat him to death. AMEN
Q: Why do little boys whine?
A: They are practicing to be men.
Q: How do you keep your husband from reading your e-mail?
A: Rename the mail folder 'Instruction Manual.'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2008, 09:16 AM

Lol!
Unread 03-26-2008, 05:13 PM

i needed one today too bethany! thanks!
depressed youngest ds went to dr yesterday and after a questioneer thinks hes bipolar 2. we dont think so and are struggeling with a decision about the meds he sent home with us. we want ds to be happy, but with that label he will most likely be on meds forever- which if he is- i understand... anyhow as i said we are struggeling with this. please keep us in your prayers.
my emotions are back in top notch over this. thought maybe they took them with my uterus- guess not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit&ready
i needed one today too bethany! thanks!
depressed youngest ds went to dr yesterday and after a questioneer thinks hes bipolar 2. we dont think so and are struggeling with a decision about the meds he sent home with us. we want ds to be happy, but with that label he will most likely be on meds forever- which if he is- i understand... anyhow as i said we are struggeling with this. please keep us in your prayers.
my emotions are back in top notch over this. thought maybe they took them with my uterus- guess not.
I have a sister who is bipolar, and she is constantly on and off medication to the point where her behavior has completely alienated friends and family, including me. When she isn't on meds, she's self-medicating with weed, and is hostile to everyone all the time (except when she wants money).

You probably know this, but look at it this way: if he were severely diabetic, or had cancer, he would have to be on certain meds, it wouldn't matter what anyone else thought of it.

See how the medication does for him, and make sure everyone involved is dialoguing with the doctor. Some folks with bipolar disorder stop taking their meds when they feel better, and the whole process starts over, so this lifeline to the doc will be very important. If things don't improve, or get worse, get a 2nd, even 3rd opinion.

Good luck!
Unread 03-26-2008, 07:21 PM

Fit,

I'm sorry you are dealing with all these emotions concerning your ds. I usually agree with what Soprano when it comes to depression meds..... meaning, I have some friends who are on anti-depressants and will be for the rest of their lives, because it just improves their emotional stability SO much and makes for a better quality of life, for them and the people who are close to them. Just like a diabetic needing insulin....

.....however, I would strongly advise you to get a 2nd opinion because when you are dealing with teenage hormones, they can seem similar to bi-polar symptoms. My 18 yr. old step-dd's Mom is bi-polar... and when my step-dd was acting out for awhile, her Mom wanted to get her on bi-polar meds, saying she probably had inherited it from her. We didn't let her start meds... and sure enough, she is doing fine now. It was all just crazy teenage emotions getting in the way of good, rational thinking.... AND I'm glad we didn't put that "bi-polar" label on her at a young age, which would make her question her own mental health forever.

Of course, that's just my own experiences, and YOUR intuition about your ds is probably right. You're his mom... you know him better than anyone. I wish you luck and peace throughout this process.....

Big Hugs....
Unread 03-26-2008, 07:38 PM

Annie--actually my experience with my daughter is the same as yours. She's now 23, married, and expecting. Stable, making good decisions, and considers me her friend. 5 years ago I would have told you that would be impossible. She thought she was bi-polar and I thought she was narcissistic personality disorder--but in any case we both thought it was permanent. The stories I could tell....

So, anyway, I would echo Annie's caution about getting 2nd opinions, etc. Just wanted you to know there is hope, even when it seems hopeless.
Unread 03-27-2008, 05:58 PM

i feel better just hearing your thoughts! thanks.
soprano... its not the meds- so much, my oldest ds is ADHD. was diagnosed when he was 8 and on meds til he was 20- he now takes ginko and it seems to be enough. so not against meds- at all. and i understand some need to take them forever. Thats me with anxiety meds. I will always need them- got to love genetics. In fact, im wondering if thats not the underlying problem with ds. anxiety?

annie and house- your experiences with your families are exactly why i want to get a 2nd opinion and want to be sure its not the hormone thing. I have another appoint with a different dr. set up for next week..unsure if ds will go its on his 18th birthday- only day i could get. he also had some routine blood work done today. Therapy isnt an option- he wont go.
He is going through alot right now, awaiting results from college audtions, wrapping up the last two months of high school, prom coming up... scholarship forms and essays. on top of it all he works, plays in a local youth orchestra, keeps Bs in physics and english and an A- in band and art, of course.
All that said, house, im so glad your daughter and you are friends again... right now i just feel like my ds punching bag. i know he needs someone to take it all out on- and that keeps me going. and annie, thanks for sharing your step-dd experience. it all helps- to know there is light out there.
Unread 03-27-2008, 07:08 PM

This getting notices of new posts and then not is a bummer. I haven't figure out how to find this thread without the link in the notice

Fit, do get a second, third and even 4th oppinion on ds. Getting the right diagnosis is key to solving the problem. Unfortuanately while hormones and stress could very well be the issue, he is also the right age for a bipolar diagnosis. I have a friend who was diagnosed at about your ds current age. She manages well in the world, gets along with people well and lives a mostly normal life because she is totally complaint with all her medications.

Sorry you are having to deal with all this!! Thinking one day at a time can be very helpful for me.

Bethany, you sound like a new woman and it is GREAT to hear.

I am hopeful for some HBI myself before I leave town for the weekend tomorrow. Must start getting stuff done or there won't be time. Take care all. Beth
Unread 03-27-2008, 07:29 PM

My brother who is now 47 has suffered almost 30 years of mental illness, with the final diagnosis of bipolar. He is a brilliant funny man who spent many years doing what we thought was very ridiculous, irresponsible behavior. My mom was the only one who refused to believe that and spent many hours doing research and talking to doctors. My brother, who eventually got his masters in biochemistry challenged every physciatrist he saw. Medications would work and then not, he would have to go off one and then wait for the next to see if it would work. Finally he got involved in cognative therapy...still not quite sure what it is, but he has maintained a relationship, budget, and fulfilling communication with his family for over two years. It's like I have my brother back. I guess the reason I am telling you this, is that a diagnosis of bi-polar is not what it would have been years ago. There are so many more advances now. Hope this info helps a little. Good luck
Unread 03-27-2008, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit&ready
soprano... its not the meds- so much, my oldest ds is ADHD. was diagnosed when he was 8 and on meds til he was 20- he now takes ginko and it seems to be enough. so not against meds- at all. and i understand some need to take them forever. Thats me with anxiety meds. I will always need them- got to love genetics. In fact, im wondering if thats not the underlying problem with ds. anxiety?
Could be.

I've been through the ringer on some of this stuff. My stepdaughter's ADHD -- she's on Adderall XP, after a boatload of other meds when her mom had doctors speedball her. My sister's bipolar and god knows what else. Then last year, my 17-y.o. nephew, who was thought to be depressed, was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome -- he was so high functioning that it was almost missed! we're wondering where else it is in the family, but it would sure explain what my brother has been through all these years.

So in a lot of ways, maybe I'm too damaged/overloaded to respond to a simple case.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register