Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 167 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 05-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

annie and jill- thanksfor the reasurance- knowing realistically this thing with ds will pass and hearing that it actually will- it means alot.

mollie: i too feel like i have sisters for the first time in my life! my mom has a sister and dah, me a daughter- BUT i only have a brother, hubby and two sons... and I always have felt i was missing out on that bond. Besides sometimes I just need another womens understanding perspective.

on the plus side- even tired, i got the garden looking really good -and went for a 14 mile bike ride- though i whined a bit about the wind - so now its time for bed and taking it easy tomorrow.

Happy mothers day to all- Enjoy YOUR day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2008, 10:04 PM

Still doing well. Still pain free YEAH! Have the poops though from the stupid antibiotics but I only have one week left on those (Cipro and Flagyl). Everyone say a prayer for me that I go into remission (permanent remission).

Work has been stressful but other than that...life seems pretty normal except the fatigue. Will we ever get passed that. I think maybe I am just tired for real......I mean I get up at 6am and do not go to bed until about 1am. So maybe it is just plain ol wopping exhaustion hahahaha.
Unread 05-19-2008, 09:10 AM

Thought I'd revive this and see how everyone is doing 5 months post-op. Funny how this surgery is still having repercussions.

Life has been interesting on this end. I picked up a respiratory virus last month that would not go away; after battling with OTC remedies on my doc's advice (because everyone's been passing viral stuff around), another doc put me on Cipro and a steroid pack. She said that, when within a year of major surgery, one is more susceptible and, by nature, treatments must be more aggressive. I can finally breathe for the first time in a month!

Went to the dentist, and after how many stellar exams, all of a sudden my teeth are a bit more "sticky", and I'm having a cavity filled next month. He's also recommended a fluoride rinse. He said that major surgery anywhere in the body can have an effect on something as simple as teeth.

I'm still getting winded, just go longer between crashes. My abdomen remains sensitive, goes in and out of touchy periods. Weight is stable, hopefully I can resume Curves this week.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well. As much as I don't want to be a patient, or feel like one, I guess I still am in many ways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2008, 09:37 AM

I thought I'd be better after getting back to normal living, but I get tired easily still. Some twinges occasionally, and the ever popular swelly belly makes its appearance nightly after working my 10 hour shifts. No where near as bad as in the beginning, but still a reminder that I have a bit to go yet. I guess it will truly take up to the year they say it will to fully recover. Hopefully the next 5 months will go by just as quickly as the last. I still love checking in on everyone. It's a good feeling knowing that it's not just me, and we are still in this together. Have a good day!
Unread 05-19-2008, 10:57 AM

Decided to work a little in my rose garden this weekend (30 minutes, max - no heavy lifting) and wound up in bed all day yesterday with severe back spasms again...I'm so discouraged - I felt so good, waited 2 months past dr.s release to do anything and my back hurts the same way it did presurgery - I'm so afraid I've done something and caused another prolapse of some kind...taking lots of anti-inflammatory's today, guess we'll see...I'm ready for normal - too young to be this useless!!!!!
Unread 05-21-2008, 04:12 PM

soprano thanks for the reminder- wow 5 months today...it almost passed without my knowing it! im glad i checked in. its a cold rainy evening here- so trapped inside..But i feel like my strength is improving and hubby reminds me some of my tiredness is just overdueing...I tend to play in my garden way to hard and wonder why im exhausted.
all in all, work is keeping me busy and some new projects motivated a bit- I do garden stories and we started a new garden blog this week!
mollie, hope you just overdid (like me) and are feeling better soon!
Unread 05-21-2008, 05:48 PM

I just want my abdomen to feel normal again! It did for a while (or close to it) now it's resurging. Ack.
Unread 05-21-2008, 07:58 PM

Today was wierd. I felt soooo worn out, to the point I was nausous(sp?) and had bouts of vertigo. I felt like I did when I was 2 weeks out, minus the incision pain. I don't get it. I know part of it is changing shifts back and forth (PM's to days to PM's), but to feel like this just seems wrong. I'm hoping it's just a bug or just stress of work, and clinical time. Maybe I have pushed it to much. Today I just picked Rhubarb, and watered the garden.
5 months has gone by quick, but I didn't think there would be this much falling back. If it doesn't straighten out after the weekend, I think I 'll call my Dr and schedule an appointment.
Unread 05-22-2008, 12:10 AM
Hi all my sisters!!!

Whew 5 months!!! Can you believe it? I was so happy to read tonight from all of you....Has anyone had strange sleeping problems? I am so tired but cant sleep. It's driving me nuts. Well I still have the leaking dripping holes on incision sometimes it itches so bad I could scream, But I know that means it is healing too. It doesnt bleed anymore just a slow fluid drizzle LOL I sound like a human salad, Just a lil drizzle please. Oh boy I need sleep. Anyhow I go back for first Post CT in July and see doc week after CT. I still have weird twinges in belly at times and tired tired tired but I think that has to do with Radiation too. Well just wanted to say hello to all and hope we just keep getting stronger and stronger. Hugs to all!! And hopefully a good nights rest.
Unread 05-22-2008, 12:13 AM

Fit & ready hows that thyroid doing??? Just saying hi!! Hug's

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register