Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 17 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 12-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

ok so sounds like most of you had exams a week out for staples. and since i dont have them well makes sence. an hour drive to the dr.? wow mines a half hour and i was dreading they would tell me to come in today when i called. about my fever (99.2) Was wondering with upcoming holiday weekend if that was ok. they said they dont worry until it goes above 100.5. needless to say with the low grade fever i feel a bit run down today. I am so wanting to get outside but snow predicted tommorrow so chances are slim.
also my path. report came back today- its all good. whohoo! one less thing to worry about.
so supportneeded. i should look forward to more of the hotflashes even with the overies huh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2007, 03:57 PM

Hello Ladies,

I'm wowed by how fast you all have been able to sit and write comprehendable thoughts so soon. You guys are amazing! I had TAH (dr. said uterus was the size of 14 week pregnancy) on December 21. I'm glad to hear that several of the ladies I've talked to before overall seem to be doing well.

I saw my MD today for staple removal, he said things are all going fine. There had to be 30 of those things, ouch! I'm still taking Motrin 3-4 times a day plus Darvoset frequently. I still don't sleep in my bed (too much work, raised bed, upstairs, hubby snores...) the couch is just fine. I still sleep a lot, the nurses told me I'd make a terrible drug addict. I still have a lot of general pain (plus pulled by back and shoulder dragging myself in and out of the hosital bed). Worse pain is a sharp pinching/tugging pain inside off and on, MD said probably a tight suture.

But the good news, is I'm feeling better today than yesterday and the day before that! Every little bit counts, even if it is a very little bit.

I hope all of you take it easy and get better soon! Here's to a Happy New Year post surgical....it's so good to have this over with!
Unread 12-27-2007, 04:00 PM

Believe me, I inquired about laproscopic surgery, and with the mass I had removed, it wasn't an option, and lupron wouldn't have helped that much.

As many challenges as this has posed, it's not been as painful as some of the periods I've gone through -- including the one that started 2 days before the surgery.

I was allowed, even encouraged, to get my SteriStrips wet by taking a shower, and letting the soapy water run over the incision, then clean water, and blotting dry.

I've been in the chair most of the day -- after yesterday I think I deserve it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit&ready
ok so sounds like most of you had exams a week out for staples. and since i dont have them well makes sence. an hour drive to the dr.? wow mines a half hour and i was dreading they would tell me to come in today when i called. about my fever (99.2) Was wondering with upcoming holiday weekend if that was ok. they said they dont worry until it goes above 100.5. needless to say with the low grade fever i feel a bit run down today. I am so wanting to get outside but snow predicted tommorrow so chances are slim.
also my path. report came back today- its all good. whohoo! one less thing to worry about.
so supportneeded. i should look forward to more of the hotflashes even with the overies huh?
Glad to hear your path report came back good! I was also running a low grade fever today. My doctor had told me to call if it was 101 or above. Never got above 99.5. Be careful if you do go out in the snow!
Unread 12-27-2007, 04:38 PM

I made a pot of beans today so I am going to make some mexican rice and fajitas tonight for supper.....I am feeling okay today and I have only taken motrin and tylenol maybe that is why I feel human... Bladder still hurts alot after it gets close to emptying and then still even more when the last little bit emptys out...I will have to see the path report from yesterdays trip to doc. I know that bladder was adhered to the uterus so I guess it may only be brusied.... Thanks to the sisters that told us about stool softners I am almost back to normal in that dept and I am very glad I am not using those muscles don't think I could even if I wanted to
Unread 12-27-2007, 04:50 PM

Good evening all - it is nice to be in the post section of the board.... tomorrow is a week since the surgery.Boy, time does fly when you are unconscious and drugged
I managed to walk up the stairs twice today and made my own sandwich, AND pooped for a second time (talk about no life)
Wish I could take the perc less, but only 1/2X2 today supplemented with Advil, so that was good. I think if I don't take a perc and get sleepy and sit to rest, I would probably keep finding things to do thinking I am OK. Maybe its a good way to be sure to rest.

Some foods still taste funny, particularly carbs...anyone else having that? I wonder if its the perc or the general anaestesia?? Anyway, hope it is an uneventful evening for all and looking forward to hearing from you all in the morning....night sisters
Unread 12-27-2007, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit&ready
I suppose so--I'm totally confused by all that......but I've definately been freezing everyone out of the house....nurse didn't seem too concerned about that today, so it must not be an issue....I've been told (maybe somebody here.......can't remember!), that it takes the ovaries a while to "wake up" again after the surgery

as for funny appetites, I'm definately experiencing that myself......foods that normally sound good just don't sound good at all.......I had chicken noodle soup for lunch because absolutely nothing else sounded good

a lady from church came by this afternoon to help clean the kitchen.......what an angel!!!! it's cleaner now than before I went in for surgery!!! it's amazing how just having one room that's perfectly clean can improve your disposition

"talk" to y'all tomorrow!
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Tvh/bso 12/17/07

I am new here. Had a TVH/BSO on 12/17/07. Went into the hospital on 12/17/07 at 5:30 a.m., surgery was promptly at 7:30 a.m. out of surgery and in recovery by 9:15 a.m. in my room by 10:30 a.m. Stayed one night in the hospital, catheterized and with IV pain meds. The next morning, they unhooked me from everything and made me get up and take a shower. Discharged later that afternoon. Doc says everything went well. See him again on 1/2/08 for first post-op check.

As far as recovery goes, I have good days and bad. I was sent home with Motrin 800mg 3 x day; Lortab 7.5mg every 4 hrs as needed for pain, and Premarin 0.625 for HRT. I was told to take the Motrin regardless of pain every 8 hours every day.

The first couple of days home it seems I didn't have to take my additional pain meds (the Lortab) except overnight after I had been up and around during the day - my pain seemed to be worse in the evenings. Now, in the last couple of days it seems that the pain is more frequent and I have had to take them during the day as well, although not every 4 hours. I'm hoping that the pain just gets worse before it gets better and that this is a sign of healing.

I have noticed a slight bladder leakage, very slight which I am hopeful will pass as I heal further. I also experience more pain the longer I sit up during the day - is that normal? I guess that "my area" is just sensitive for now...

That's it for now....I have found these boards to be very helpful and am so glad that I found this site this evening!!!

Thanks!!!!
Unread 12-27-2007, 10:05 PM
post op scheduled

Ok so I called my doc today. I see her on the 11th. I have so many questions for her. Like will I have to take stool softner forever or will the pain go away. Plus I had my first emotional breakdown today. I think I might have to go on hormones. If any one has suggestions on what to take I would like some pms...ohh still not sleeping...it is possible to function on no sleep for days on end..lol
Unread 12-28-2007, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudda27
I am new here. Had a TVH/BSO on 12/17/07. Went into the hospital on 12/17/07 at 5:30 a.m., surgery was promptly at 7:30 a.m. out of surgery and in recovery by 9:15 a.m. in my room by 10:30 a.m. Stayed one night in the hospital, catheterized and with IV pain meds. The next morning, they unhooked me from everything and made me get up and take a shower. Discharged later that afternoon. Doc says everything went well. See him again on 1/2/08 for first post-op check.

As far as recovery goes, I have good days and bad. I was sent home with Motrin 800mg 3 x day; Lortab 7.5mg every 4 hrs as needed for pain, and Premarin 0.625 for HRT. I was told to take the Motrin regardless of pain every 8 hours every day.

The first couple of days home it seems I didn't have to take my additional pain meds (the Lortab) except overnight after I had been up and around during the day - my pain seemed to be worse in the evenings. Now, in the last couple of days it seems that the pain is more frequent and I have had to take them during the day as well, although not every 4 hours. I'm hoping that the pain just gets worse before it gets better and that this is a sign of healing.

I have noticed a slight bladder leakage, very slight which I am hopeful will pass as I heal further. I also experience more pain the longer I sit up during the day - is that normal? I guess that "my area" is just sensitive for now...

That's it for now....I have found these boards to be very helpful and am so glad that I found this site this evening!!!

Thanks!!!!
Welcome! Yes, sitting up for long periods of time makes me have pain, so I try and lay down on the couch as much as possible and not sit for long periods of time!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register