Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 170 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 06-21-2008, 05:11 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Thanks, hopefully I'm turning a corner now. Hope to apply for two positions this next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2008, 07:23 PM

Hey ladies! I know I haven't been on here in a long time and there are way toooo many posts to try and read to play catch up!

I am feeling really good besides having a hard time loosing my pregnancy weight (since I was never able to exercise before my surgery) and I also feel like a teenager again - acne all over my face. I just don't understand why my face is breaking out now. I also have no desire for sex - which makes my DH a little unhappy. Once we get going, it's great - it's just the desire at first. I also feel like I am PMSing each month. I get moody and I really hoped that would go away but I guess not! I think my DH was hoping that also. I definitely ejoy not having a period! The funny thing is, I still have supplies in my linen closet! I need to get those cleaned out and use that shelf for something else!

I go back for my pap in August, so I am sure I will have plenty of questions for my GYN then!

Hope everyone is doing great and I hope to be back on here more often!
Unread 06-23-2008, 07:45 PM

Hi all,

I stopped getting notice of new posts and sort of drifted off. Congratulations Molief on finally making that hard decision. I found my kids did better as I did! Getting rid of that man turned out to be best for all of us.

I can't believe we are 6 months post-op already! I had forgotten all about it until I got the 6 month post email from the site. The no period thing continues to amaze me, as does the freedom from having to wear black pants to much!! I still have pads and tampons both at work and home. No idea why I don't get rid of them, but just don't seem ready to do it. If people keep "borrowing" I will eventually run out and won't have to actually do anything!

Doing good diet wise and still loosing weight slowly. Struggling with the exercise now- not sure why.

Glad to hear most of us have moved on and returned to real life. Will try to check back more. Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2008, 07:41 AM

I can't believe it's been 6 months either! I haven't been checking on here as regularly as I was but it's been nice hearing from everyone. Glad to see everyone is making it along just fine.
I'm doing fine, still dealing with some hormone issues but I guess I'll be dealing with those the rest of my life. I feel pretty good most days but still find myself getting tired easily, anyone else? Loving the no period thing too. I am going on vacation next week and it's nice knowing that I won't have to deal with that while I'm gone! I actually bought some white shorts to wear and I would have never even thought about that pre-hysterectomy.
I hope everyone continues to feel better.
Unread 06-24-2008, 08:35 AM

I just had some bloodwork done last week, for the first time since the surgery. And, amazingly, I was STILL anemic! I was sure that my body would have built that all back up by now, but evidently not. My doctor's got me on some high-powered iron supplements for the next two months. Anyway, I guess that explains why I still am not as perky as I thought I'd be by now.

The other issue I'm having is lower back pain like I've never had before. My coach brother told me that a "weak front makes a weak back." So, I guess I need to work on doing crunches and sit-ups and etc.
Unread 06-24-2008, 10:19 AM

I'm trying to work Pilates into my current routine, as I spoke with a voice professor, and she had the same surgery -- Pilates strengthened her core.
Unread 06-24-2008, 12:26 PM

Soprano--can you do pilates on your own without expensive equipment or courses?
Unread 06-24-2008, 02:55 PM

I found a "10 minute Pilates" workout DVD that has 10 minute targeted exercises. Right now I'm working on the 10 minute abs, plus the 10 minute flexibility. they make me sweat, and work muscles that i don't work at Curves. Using the mat I bought for a yoga class that wasn't quite right for me.
Unread 06-27-2008, 06:49 PM

i use Leslie Sansones I Can Do Pilates. In fact thanks for reminding me i need to start back at it. I went on a twenty mile bike ride the other night and swelly belly reappeared! yuck and its been so good.
HouseMd - when i started having low iron a few years ago. a dr. told me to try childrens chewables with iron- twice a day. and it worked without all the side effects of iron suppl. i still take them and thought too i wouldnt need them anymore- that is weird.
i laughed when i read about buying white shorts. Same here, i even bought some white capris! too funny.
Unread 06-27-2008, 10:33 PM

I was in the middle of Pilates the other day and I gave up. I was just too tired in my core, my back hurt too much, so I stopped. Plus I'm having knee problems that I may have to have checked seperately.

I've got an e-mail out to my doctor. Between being depressed about my job and money, and still giving out about half way through my day, I'm ready to talk to her. We'll see what she can do for me, if anything.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register