Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 171 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 06-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Hi ladies...

For some reason I just started getting notices again to remind me to check the boards.. nice to catch up with you girls!! Except for a new bladder infection, (which I haven't had in 20 years) I'm doing pretty darn good!! I can't believe it's been six months since my princess days..... I almost miss those winter days of laying around and letting my DH and DS take care of me! LOL Now I'm back to doing everything, which I swore I wouldn't do. Isn't it funny how we fall back into old habits so easily....??

Everyone have a great weekend!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2008, 11:54 AM

I lost you all again - no reminders sent, so I hunted the website and found you, yeah!
I'm finally back to exercising and I can't believe how much it has helped my swelly belly and tenderness...I was still having pain across my abdomen, but it's gone now. I can tell if I've overdone it, though, because I have that vaginal pressure return.
The crying is less (I went 4 days dry-eyed--a new record!), but I let it flow when a breakdown comes, no sense fighting it...the release is good and I'm now aware of how much stress I was living under...it's been one month since my husband moved out...my boys are doing well; he is not exercising visitation, though, which makes me very sad for all three of them...I can't fix it, though...I can't fix it.
You'll love this, I was home a couple of weeks ago and my stepmom asked me how long it has been since my surgery, "Exactly six months today," I said, "which means it's also been six months since I had a cigarette!" (This is a big deal to me, I smoked for 25 years!) Her reply, "And you haven't even gained that much weight, either!" That, my dear sisters, is why I need support from ladies like you!!! I didn't tell her, but I've actually lost weight since pre-surgery - granted, things have relocated after 6 months of inactivity, but I'm working on it! I actually jogged for the first time ever and was able to keep going - awesome!
Happy Summer sisters -- keep the conversation going!
Mollie
Unread 07-02-2008, 12:22 PM

Mollie,

Your stepmom should be shot!!! Congratulations on the not smoking thing- that is HUGE!!! I bet the long term chemical clearance might be adding in with your emotional stuff, tiredness, etc. I mean your body is final getting rid of the 25 years of chemicals and healing the smoking damage. What a great thing you have done for yourself, your health and your kids!!

The visitation thing is very sad. You can't make him take them unfortunately. It amazes me that the right to see your children is something you can't take away, but no one says you MUST see them. You can try to get added into the decree if the divorce isn't final yet that he has to pay you if he doesn't take them some minimum amount. I believe your children are young enough to still need a babysitter and the money can be used for that. It is at least worth looking into. In my case my ex has to pay me $8 per hour for every hour less the 96 hours he sees the kids in a month. I haven't gotten paid yet, but 6 years out he still takes at least his weekend time to avoid paying me. I figure I bought the kids some kind of relationship with their father and myself a break with that little clause.

Anyway glad it is going well for you. For me the further it got from the divorce the better we all did generally, especially once we survived the first year.

I am doing great. Down 20 pounds now since pre-hyst. Most days I don't even think about the surgery! Really the only time now is when I start to worry for a second about when my period will hit or is blood pouring through my clothes and a second later realize that will NEVER happen to me again!! Really is the best thing I ever did for myself

Hope you all are there or get there soon. Bye. Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2008, 09:56 AM

Happy 4th for those on board!Fun one and mollie congrats on the weight loss and smoking thing! thats great!

annie sorry to here about the bladder infections... fought those most of my married life... hint- try getting your dr to prescribe macrobid for after sex. honest it keeps them at bay. so hows the son's wedding planning and trainer thing going for you?
and can u believe it- im up 5 lbs since surgery! yikes. Im meeting with a trainer to do a eval - and see if its as hubby tells me- all muscle... which is what im hoping for since ive been strength training twice a week. so we will see.

only thing i find strange, is when i bike and try to push the limit... my insision feels like it pulls a bit. anyone else experiencing that feeling?
Unread 07-21-2008, 01:01 PM

Things aren't getting much better for me. I've had my 3rd respiratory infection since February. I'm gaining weight, so I'm heading to Weight Watchers tonight. Sex is also getting painful again, and I can't figure out why. My doctor told me that the incision pain is typical, so no help there. The only good thing is that I've been able to take a couple of short trips in the past month.
Unread 07-21-2008, 01:31 PM

Soprano - hang in there...I'm sorry to hear you're having more difficulties...
Unread 07-21-2008, 01:53 PM

Soprano, good luck with Weight Watchers. I feel like it's the best diet around because it doesn't restrict you at all. You can have anything you want as long as you practice portion control. I've been on it for over a year and have lost 60 pounds. It works!
Unread 07-21-2008, 06:01 PM

Hey sistas!!!!!! Great to find you.....this was the first message I received since we all heading off the board a bit....how are you all? I read back about 6 pages and had no idea we were still here.....Life is full as usual including ups and downs and both good and bad days.....I too am happy, happy not having a period....but I don't have any more incision issues because I just had a TUMMY TUCK!!!!!!Been wanting one and finally did it so after not having surgery in 17 years I have had 2 in one year!!!. I am two weeks out from the tt and muscle repair and getting better.somedays I would say it is easier than the hyst and some days worse....still will have to deal with swelling on and off for a year...once again I am in a holding pattern with getting back to the gym.

Around the same time my lab became deathly ill and we nearly lost him and my daughter got into a fender bender in my car..so like I said ups and downs like life is. I hope you are all hanging in there and we can continue to chat...I hope I can ifnd my way back here since I seem to miss the notifications....glad to chat with you guys again..... - Suzyq
Unread 07-23-2008, 10:36 PM

I had a friend tell me yesterday she wished I still had a uterus! WHY???? I love not having periods any more, I don't miss PMS and blood! It sucked going through it, but I'm so glad I did, and I don't have uterus envy any longer - so my friend can keep hers and when she goes through menopause, I'll just smile a secret smile and remember how you all helped me through it!

I hope you're all well, S - good luck with Weight Watchers!
Hugs,
K
Unread 07-24-2008, 07:02 PM

Happy seven months out to all! Congrats suzyq on gettting that tummy tuck I know how much you wanted it. Hope the healing continues well.
and ahhhh the weight issue. Well mine wasnt muscle- i suspected. lol. Trainer said i still need to loose 10 to be a healthy bmi. Suggested i cut carbs to 60 a day, increase protien and do cardio 6 days a week. umm i have life... so probably not. I may refocus in the fall when gardening isnt taking up so much of my free time. But i wanted to know and now i do...

For now... Im off on vacation for a week and going camping and biking. I cant wait. take care!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register