Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 172 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 08-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

It seems like it has been forever since I posted on here. I am still struggling with the crohns. I have good and bad days. I have had a bladder infection or the last month and a half. It is affecting my marriage and what once was a happy marriage is starting to fall apart. My husband is leaving for California in a week. I think he needs time to think. I think me being chronically ill is starting to actually set in with him as far as what it really means. I am trying not to be depressed. My job is transitioning also into something I hate. Life is just too happy right now. I am feeling like -------what do I do. Oh well I pray and keep on trucking. I have two beautiful boys that are crazy and silly little dudes. They make my day. ....O yeah. I graduated from University of Phoenix with my Bachelors in Business Management back in June. Yipeeeee! I wil try to keep in touch ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2008, 07:01 PM

Bethany - my husband is in the process of being diagnosed with crohn's - waiting on biopsies - tell me about it, what's it like? He's miserable right now, they may have to resect some of the colon soon to get rid os severe stenosis. I don't know anyone with it, so what's it like?

I do hope things get better for you soon, you're in my prayers,
K
Unread 08-06-2008, 07:42 PM

I read these and posted only a little throughout the recovery, but just got a reminder that this was here?! It's so great to read that everyone's trucking on with the recovery...I actually forget sometimes I had the surgery?! Those are the best times to me. ...I still can't run but I'm doing yoga again... I've had what feels like a zillion yeast infections since surgery...anyone else with this?? Found out I have polycystic ovaries since I'm now off the pill and I feel like my ovaries are either on vacation or taking early retirement since my hormones are ALL OVER! And the past two months sex has been pretty painful (along with peeing)...unfortunately, we have no idea why. BUT it's also been all these months of cancer-free. So if I have to adjust in other areas, I most certainly will! It's so nice to read all the other posts and reminds me of how far I've (we've) come...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2008, 11:52 AM

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a hard time, Bethany. I does seem that when it rains, it pours. I'm glad you've got your boys to keep you going, and congrats on your degree! That's awesome!

It is hard to believe that it's been almost 8 mo. since we had surgery. I have to tell you, I haven't felt better in years! The freedom is just wonderful!!! I never have to worry about making a mess or not being able to go somewhere. I still get tired a lot, but that's more because of emotions than physical health. Also, my dr. has helped me lose 29 lbs so far, woo-hoo! He wants me to lose at least 30 more.............no problem, ha!

Hope everyone continues to heal well.
Unread 08-09-2008, 05:32 PM

Supportneeded- congrats to you on the weight loss! Boatright and kwinner sounds like life is sending you challenges right now...my prayers are with you.

Back in December, never thought id really do it, but I completed my personal fitness goal for the summer - biked 90 miles over vacation (4 days) and finished a 50 miler with hubby's scouts today!
Unread 08-11-2008, 11:20 AM

It's amazing what a body can do. I just completed the Breast Cancer 3 day with my oldest daughter. WE walked 60 miles in 3 days through the Chicago area. I had a twinge towards the end of day 1, but kept on going. I'm home veggie out today. Kind of like the pampered princess days, but not so restriciting.
Keep going, and have faith Boatright and Kwinner. You'll get where you need to be.
Take care ladies! Kathy
Unread 08-21-2008, 07:46 PM

Hey ladies..... it's been awhile since i've checked in. Funny how I couldn't go ONE DAY without checking in here back in Jan/Feb....and now life has taken over and I rarely have the luxury of browsing through the posts of my fellow princesses!!

I hope everyone had a good summer and is feeling better..... I am finally feeling like I'm 99% back to normal. Not 100% just yet, but very close. I'm SO glad that I dont' have to worry about my period anymore! I'm going on tour this fall and for the first time in YEARS, I won't be worrying about bleeding like crazy on the darn bus surrounded by a bunch of guys who don't get it!! Yay!! I'm glad I went through the surgery just for THAT!!!

Good thoughts and hugs out to you all!!
Unread 09-01-2008, 11:30 PM

Just thought I'd update, I've lost 7 lbs on Weight Watchers so far. Sometimes it's a challenge, but considering what my dad has been through with diabetic wounds and other stuff, I've got to do it. It's also been hard because we almost lost him a couple of weeks ago when he had a systemic post-op infection (after vascular surgery on his leg). He's out of ICU but not out of the woods.

The job situation is not improving. Plus I found out on top of everything that I tested positive for walking pneumonia!!!

Grrr.

The only thing that has really been positive is writing music (choral in nature) I had a group back on Long Island that did one of my pieces last month, they want to collaborate again, and I'm writing an original for our chancel choir. i just have to settle down and get my website open.

Hope you all are well.
Unread 09-05-2008, 09:57 AM

I hate that it's so hard to find you all...I lost you again...anyway, it looks like we are all doing ok through the summer months...update on me is that my husband moved out in June and we are going to court next week (happy birthday to me?!) My boys are doing remarkably well...lots of transition with upcoming sale of home and move, but overall I'm feeling stronger every day, keeping up with exercise, tyring to laugh more than I cry! 8 months gone...just amazing! Love you ladies!! Mollie
Unread 09-05-2008, 09:59 AM

PS Still not smoking...which is simply amazing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register