Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 173 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 09-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

mollie good luck on the court date and congrats on the no smoking... that is such a big accomplishment in itself.

Soprano- sorry about your dads troubles. let us know when you get that website up and running. My youngest son- who was so troubled last year- started college for music education and is a good place now...he managed to get a really good scholarship based on his talent... so hoping this takes him where he wants to go.

For me yes, 8 months out and still in the same place weight wise-health wise Im good and im maintaining- just not loosing. So life is good... just rather boring and quiet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2008, 04:38 PM

Mollie, YEA on the not smoking!! That is HUGE!! Glad you and boys surviving. The transition was tough but for me life after divorce has been great!

My kids are all back in school and we survived the transition. Life is very busy, but overall okay. I am down 24 pounds with NS, but have stalled and don't seem able to loose the last 10. Now that the kids are back in school I am back to my 4-5 work-outs per week. I really missed it.

Still thrilled about the no period thing. Broke up with the boy friend who helped me during surgery. He is a wonderful man, but there were just too many negatives to settle in for the long term- which is what he was pushing for. Taking a break from dating. A little nervous about how I introduce a new partner to my "new" body. Luckily I have time to figure it out. Seems like I should tell him before he discovers it on his own. Anyone have any words of wisdom?

Hope everyone else is doing well. Nice to have the support Beth
Unread 10-18-2008, 10:12 AM

Happy October ladies!!!

Heres my update: I've lost over 14 lbs on Weight Watchers; hopefully at my next check-in it will be over 15 lbs, and I can get my next 5lb sticker. That will put me officially within 10 lbs of my first 10%!! The first goal is in sight!!

Dad isn't well. Just about the time he was supposed to get out of the hospital, and go to a rehab center, he was put back in ICU (on a respirator for a collapsed lung). He's still there, and very weak, a lot of atherosclerosis. The doctors are asking us how heroic we want resuscitation efforts to be -- as long as Dad is lucid, it's his call.

With all of Dad's stuff, and dealing with stuff at work, I've been slow to get my website up, but all I have to do now is come up with an order form (my husband doesn't want me to do PayPal yet).

Still dealing with a bit of depression, I don't expect that to fully go away, but I'm trying to take some time for me.

Anyone making plans for their hystaversary? I'm thinking of melting my catheter stick.

Take care everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2008, 08:53 AM

Hi ladies....

Just thought I'd post something so our thread doesn't get too far down the page and I can't find it again!! I was talking with my DH last night and he was saying, "hasn't it almost been a year since your surgery?" Can't believe it.

I am really looking forward to the holidays this year. It seems like they were just a big blur last year because of the surgery. I have been on tour this fall, but it's almost over and now I'm going to take some time off and relax during the holidays.

Soprano, we SHOULD celebrate our hystaversary somehow!! LOL I'll have to think on that....
Unread 11-03-2008, 06:24 PM

Celebrate Yes! I think we all deserve it. So what would you serve at a hystaversary party? HBI? with a overnight get away with hubby to celebrate that we all still got it. lol.

For now its a transitioning time for me- both season and life wise. The garden is put to bed for the winter- and the boys are pretty much doing there own thing. They live here but more for a place to sleep, laundry, moral support and food. lol. And hubby and I are trying to figure out this new time of "just us" together. Nice but very different from life with boys into everything.
Unread 11-03-2008, 08:18 PM

Hey F&R..... you just CRACKED me up with that "serving suggestion" at our hystaversary parties!! LOL
Unread 11-04-2008, 08:18 PM

I'm all for a hystaversary celebration. It has come up so fast. A lot happened in the last year, career changes, motorcycle license, 1st year of marriage, stepdaughter rehabbing...oh so much. I think I'm still sane. Best of all..no more painful periods. My last one was Thanksgiving time last year. Do you think that's worth celebrating too???
Nice to see you all ladies. Miss our daily chats. It's a shame how life moves on. Glad your still out here.
Unread 11-08-2008, 09:54 PM

Just thought I'd let you all know that my dad passed on 11/3. Multiple conditions, multiple system breakdowns, he was very tired from fighting. So this year's hystaversary will be somewhat bittersweet. Not exactly looking forward to the holidays, but I also know that I have my kid and "adopted children", as well as my husband, and need to do something for them.
Unread 11-09-2008, 11:38 AM

I'm so sorry. We are still out here if you need to vent.
Unread 11-09-2008, 01:18 PM

So sorry to hear about your father!! We really are still here if you need us! What a connection we have after what we shared. Beth

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register