Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 175 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:43 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

LOL I will, It's weird really everyone around me collapses and freaks out, I just stay calm and think ok let's do this then I want all the info I can find to do the research and best doctor around. I will cry later is what I say. Just don't want to die with 6 kid's and 4 grandbabies and a new dog who has time to die? LOL As Scarlett said it best...I will think about it tomorrow!!! Tomorrow's another day!!! Thank's all!! I love this place!! All Sisters :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Just when you want to complain...

I was coming to the boards to vent that my job of 29 years may be coming to a close next year and its the not knowing that is bugging me... then i saw your post about having breast cancer. I'm so sorry.

The job worries seem not so important now. Guess its all about perspective. This is a week for blessings- as should be the rest of the year.

May God be will you all this Thanksgiving and that we remember whats really important. Thanks for the reminder.
Unread 11-25-2008, 05:51 PM

Hi, Well my surgery is over my right boob is killing me I had a partial Masectomy and 3 lymphnodes removed one had a spot on it and I am still waiting to hear the final Path report, I am cut on the right boob and right arm pit my throat hurt so bad after surgery from tube down it and a sore on roof of mouth that I couldnt eat anything but broth for days. If it is bad news about the Lymphs then I have to go back in and a inch more will be cut on same incision under arm and all Lymphs will be removed and then I live with Lymphedema for life in that arm.....UGH I just wanna know when this is gonna stop. Thanks to all and I hope everyone is doing tons better than me. Hug's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2008, 06:18 AM

Hi Mimilu52, I hope things are better since your last posting. I'll keep walking the Breast Cancer 3day, if you keep fighting-deal?

In the meantime- Happy Hysterversaries Sisters!!
Hope your all well & fine. I still have some weight issues, but they are managagable as long as I keep DH out of the kitchen. He is a good cook though, just not the healthiest of one. He's a meat & potatos guy, and makes fun of eating anything green. Funny from a man who eats brussels sprouts, & green beans. Then agan, he is color blind.
Enjoy, and miss talkng to you all regularly like we used to.
Unread 12-17-2008, 09:09 AM

Hey, Mimilu--hope everything's going well with you!

I got an email from this site today saying that it's my "hysterversary"--I had completely forgotten! I'm still having very minor hot flashes, and I think I'm a tad *****ier than before, but otherwise, I'm great! Well, except my feet (I have plantar fasciitis in one foot and a nueroma in the other! Oh, brother!).

My in-laws will be here on Sunday for about two weeks--they were here last year so I could have the surgery. I think I'll bake them a cake!
Unread 12-17-2008, 10:17 AM

Well ladies, I can't believe it's been a year either!!!

I've lost over 17 lbs thanks to Weight Watchers. Even in the weeks that don't go so well, I know I have a coping mechanism for overeating. And each week brings a point reset!

My grief comes and goes -- I'm missing both my parents right now (Mom was always more into Christmas than Dad was) but I'm trying to concentrate on my little family.

Hope this year brings brighter things for all of us -- esp. you, Mimilu.

Take care everyone!
Unread 12-19-2008, 08:04 AM

Wow!! It's hard to believe it's been a year now! It's so nice to hear from all of you. I have missed getting on here as much I was at the beginning. I feel so much better than I did a year ago. Still battling hormone issues but probably will the rest of my life. I experienced a seizure at the end of October and had all sorts of tests run for that and they couldn't find anything so don't know what caused it. I'm thankful they didn't find anything but the hard part is that I can't drive for 6 months. I know things could be much worse.
Hope everyone is doing good and feeling good. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, mimilu. Hope to hear from more of you all!
Unread 12-19-2008, 09:24 PM

Hello Everyone! HAPPY HYSTERVERSARY to all of us! I am SO glad I had the surgery - I could be a "no more periods" poster child. I proudly celebrated the first day of my last period on 11/28/07- and now...to think I was comfortably (well, ok, mostly comfortable) this time last Christmas in my bed with 500 pillows...I never thought I would feel "normal" again...I had a TT at the same time as my hysterectomy and to this day I am still numb...(hmmm - is that normal?) I was working out at a great gym with the Power Plate system...but I was laid off in October so I had to forgo the workouts.

My prayers go out to you, Mary - my loss of income is nothing compared to what you have been dealing with - thanks for keeping us updated.

I am so glad I came to this site and I hope I can be of help and comfort to the new Princesses!

A special shout out to Elf_Ears! You were a great inspiration for me!

Peace!

AliceInWonderland
Unread 12-20-2008, 08:43 AM

Oh...my goodness hello sisters!!!!! Thank goodness they sent out a reminder. I did walk around Friday saying that this was the actual surgery day one year ago and the big snow had been a couple of days before, not the day of.... I had my tummy tuck this summer and I am happy with the results for the most part, no periods and a flat tummy at 48, I can manage....I don't remember to take my vitamins and haven't exercised anywhere near as much as I use to before the hyst and tt but that is a goal for '09. I need to read back in the posts not having been here in a long time. For sure life is not without its challenges and prayers go out to all with health and other issues at this time of year. It is a difficult economy and challenges await for all of us....I hope to continue to keep in touch as this board was a great support to me during an evolutionary time in my life. I have to say I do enjoy no cramps, no mood swings, and no carb cravings . Wishing you all happy holiday times... - Suzyq
Unread 12-20-2008, 02:27 PM

Today I celebrated the beginning of year 2 by taking a blow torch to my catheter stick. It felt good to melt that sucka!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO US!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register