Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 176 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 12-21-2008, 08:32 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

HAPPY HYSTERVERSARY to al! I cant' believe a year has passed! You all were my best friends during this time last year and i miss you all bunches!

Its been a year today for mine... and as the rest I dont miss the periods. I still experience bouts of pms moods, but they are only every couple of months and only last a day or so. My dr promised me a flatter tummy in six months after the hyst. and for the most part it ok. I just am trying to be happy where my body is... easier said than done... and just trying to maintain.

Hope all of you have have great holiday this year and that things look even better health and economy way for all of us!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Unhappy - Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Still cant pee :(

Hi all... I have been home from my RALH for 2 days now & still have a catheter in. (Dr. said to take it out tomorrow morn & call him if I still cannot pee) The question I have is: Has anyone had a Bladder Neck Suspension (for incontinence) done BEFORE their Hysterectomy ? & if so was it affected ? At my pre-op apt. I asked the Dr. about it and he said it shouldnt be effected. How many of you all had to go home with a cath ? and how long before ya could go on your own ?
My pain is becomming manageable, I'm on Percocet, Darvon & Cataflam. I start to hurt if I sit, lay, or stand too long, so I rotate.. You ALL are great !!!
Thanks, Brenda
Unread 01-03-2009, 10:25 AM

Hi all,

I can't believe the year anniversary pasted and I basically forgot to notice!! How much can change in a year!! I am doing great, love the no period thing and down about 30 pounds with NS.

So the big news for me is a new boyfriend. He is a "big boy" if you catch my drift and I was a little concerned about how that would work with the post-hyst me. The guy I was dating at the time pf surgery was good in bed, but probably half the size or less. I remember a lot of talk about struggling with fit on the board and it has been a lingering doubt. Any it all work like it should, so one less thing to worry about

Sorry for those with the health and economic struggles!! Life still has its challenges to be sure, but I still think the surgery was one of the best things I did for ME!! All that bleeding was a HUGE energy drain for me and I feel totally different without that struggle and drain!! So lets keep on trucking my sister princess's!! I miss you all. Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2009, 07:38 PM

Are there any ladies out there that are having a problem with acne. I had a TAH (still have ovaries) 12/17/07. Otherwise I'm finally feeling myself.
Unread 01-03-2009, 07:50 PM

Aaaccchhhhh! YES! It is SO unfair to be plagues with pimples and grey hair at the same time!

I used to have PMS pimples and I seem to still have them in a cycle. I don't know what that's all about.
Unread 07-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

My neighbor just had a TAH, and I referred her to this site, and am passing my books on to her, too. I got to thinking about how much I relied on ALL my Hystersisters then, and got a little home sick. Hope your all doing well.
I have no regrets having my TAH/BSO, and life with my DH continues to be wonderful.
Thank you Sisters for being there. I miss you guys!
Unread 12-16-2009, 04:43 PM

Not sure if anyone is checking in these days. Just got the newsletter and thought id check the ol board. looks pretty lonley. Physically I am doing well. My hormones seem to be hanging in there -i kept my overies. though some days it would be nice to know when pms will hit. lol
Its been a crazy year for me emotionally, the company I worked for faced more than 90 layoffs, and kept me for some reason. lol My oldest son got married and so much more it would take more than this forum to explain. But we came out of it all together and miraculusly stronger.
May everyones Christmas and New Year be blessed and happier than the last!
Unread 12-16-2009, 07:12 PM

Happy Hystaversary to all -- I check in from time to time, get e-mail notifications when somebody posts.

This year has been up and down -- lost my brother over the summer, then later on got a new teaching position (1 hr a day teaching choir at the local Catholic high school). I love it. Still making music, as always --

Take care everyone!
Unread 12-17-2009, 08:19 AM

Hi, Everyone!
Soprano, sorry to hear about your brother.
It's been an up and down year for me as well, with the up being that we bought our dream house, and the down being that my husband's company put him on a 4 day work week/80% income for most of the year.
Hysterectomy-wise, this year's been good. I already had only light hot flashes and they have become even more infrequent. Dry hair and skin is better than last year. Sex is better than last year.
So, all in all, life is good!
What's up with the rest of you guys? Let's hear it!
Unread 12-17-2009, 09:17 PM

It's my Hysterversary today!! This last year has been rough. I was hurt in Jan, and still trying to deal with the crush injury that caused nerve damage to my leg. My DH had back surgery, but that worked VERY well for him. Still some how managed to complete a Critical Care Paramedic Course, even not being alowed back on the ambulance yet, but I still pull painful 12 hours in the ER.
Miss you guys!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register