Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 18 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 12-28-2007, 06:02 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chant1979
Ok so I called my doc today. I see her on the 11th. I have so many questions for her. Like will I have to take stool softner forever or will the pain go away. Plus I had my first emotional breakdown today. I think I might have to go on hormones. If any one has suggestions on what to take I would like some pms...ohh still not sleeping...it is possible to function on no sleep for days on end..lol
Make sure you write down your list of questions so that you don't forget them. Here I am telling you to do that I haven't even started and I have a list in my head LOL! I am not sure about the hormones. I am on estrogen tablets but mainly to help get my vaginal walls thickened up again - they are like an 80 yr old womens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2007, 06:56 AM

Good morning all...feeling very draggy today...not sure why...maybe a perc hangover from last night, but i took it at 8:45 PM, that was like 12 hours ago. Slept OK, just up to pee 3x, drinking lots of water I guess. My incision is annoying. Never had staples, just glue but it is twangy and itchy, all good I hope. For anyone with hormone interests I posted in the hormone section under general menopause to see what people are thinking about HRT post hyst and endometriosis.

I am getting a bit board. My two teens are around but doing their own thing, my friend who stops by does "chores" so not much chatting time,and I spend a lot of time by myself....I think I will be nuts in 6 weeks.... Well one week ago right now, I was in the OR getting a different procedure than I thought I was.....and so it goes. So long as I heal and get back on my feel it will be all good!!!! Will check in with you all later...have a restful day - Suzyq
Unread 12-28-2007, 07:48 AM

Good morning...when I crawled in bed at 730 last night to watch tv I fell asleep immediately...I guess I was more tired than I thought. Sleeping on side and back is not so great since I am a tummy sleeper. Also, too many dreams...last night they were about work and being replaced, which, hopefully is ridiculous! I'm als having fantasies about getting out of the house...we had snow yesterday and it's 6 degrees here so that's not going to happen anytime soon...not even my walk to the mailbox today, I guess. The phone is a nice companion...but I know friends don't want to hear the gory details of recovery. I may start a needlepoint project today. Shower is next...the simple things that wear me out. I guess the anesthetic really does take it out of you. I'm very sore if I don't wear the belly band...feels like everything could fall out of me. DH looked at incision yesterday, a couple of weepy places, but otherwise pink and good. I hope each of you has a blessed day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2007, 08:01 AM

funny i ask dh to look at incision - again- last night. he told me to quit teasing him. I told him it was going to be a long six weeks....
anyhow started this post and explorer crashed. so am trying again. suzyq how did the stair thing go? the pull out bed is getting to my back and really want to sleep in my bed- that is upstairs. thinking of attempting them tonight any suggestions?
i am trying extended release tylonal today. figured the less times i have to upset my stomach the better.
food does not taste good to me yet either , my dad says its the antastetia (sp). hes had a few surgerys. also i cant seem to eat much at a time either. this could be a good thing.
feeling more wide awake this morning. put a pedometer on to see how far i get walking around the house, guess i need some motivation.
Unread 12-28-2007, 09:30 AM

Good Morning all So hard to believe that a week ago at this time I was still in surgery! What a blessing this board has been and what a big week. I am doing well. Did a little shopping yesterday and it actually went well. I also drove about 5 minutes to a meeting. Doctor said I could when I was off the narcotic pain medicine and could slam on the break if I needed too. Let's just say that 5 minutes is about as far as I would be willing to try driving now and I will probably wait a few days before I try again.

Poop still an issue. Taking stool softeners, but felt sort of full on Wednesday. Took two Dulcalax- BIG MISTAKE!! Spent most of 6 hours in the rest room and ended up more cleaned out then I was by my bowel prep before surgery. Now pushing fiber, lots of water and stool softeners and waiting to see what happens next. Would be great to be regular!!

Still I feel very lucky to be up and moving!! It has been wonderful hearing all your stories and knowing all the weird feelings, emotions and dreams are normal!!!!!!!! Thank G-D for this board!!!!! Hugs to all and happy healing
Unread 12-28-2007, 09:31 AM

Sorry I don't have any suggestions for you, Chant, but I'm sure someone will.

And hudda27, welcome! We're glad you found us, too. The one thing I've noticed is that no 2 days of my recovery have been the same. I went almost all day and night yesterday w/o ANY meds (not even ibuprofen) and then had to have some this morning. Go figure! So just take it easy and let your body dictate what you need.

I've also learned that it's really hard to define what's "normal." Like I said, no 2 days are the same, plus if you've read thru all our posts, you'll see that we all have varying levels of pain and energy. So again, just let your body tell what it needs right now.

And I also found out that sitting doesn't really equal bed rest......sitting up for too long hurts! You have to lie down to truly relax your body and those muscles.

So just take it easy, enjoy a good book, watch TV, go outside a few minutes if you can, and PAMPER YOURSELF! You deserve it!
Unread 12-28-2007, 09:46 AM

Good morning all- here's hoping we all have a good day to day. I received a nice surprise today and I finally got up the courage to try on my pre-surgery jeans and they actually fit comfortably...yea!!! I was so excited....Kinda makes me feel alittle more normal. I was getting tired of my comfort pants and pj's. anyway going to try the shopping thing again with my DH and two teenage daughters. we will see how long I last this time. I am going to go stir crazy if I have to stay home for the full 6 weeks. I hope everyone is pampering the princess and taking it easy. have a good day and I will check in with you all later today.

Deb
TAH 12/20/07
Unread 12-28-2007, 10:16 AM

It's been 10 days and I am starting to go crazy! Took the kids to spend some of their giftcards yesterday, overdid it and was on the couch the rest of the night. Cried and cried watching "Firehouse Dog" with the kids. Was very sore all night.

I don't go to the doctor until 1/7/08 for my first post op check up. My incisions are healing well, though my bottom left one is very tender. I had to pick myself off the floor when the waistband of my pants rubbed on it. OUCH!

Today I am in a mood and feel plain mean, snapping at the kids. Doesn't help that one of their friends has been calling every 3 minutes for the last hour!! Thank goodness for this site and all of you to share triumphs and breakdowns with. My husband is at work and so I feel so alone. Only one of my friends has called to chat and that has been very brief.
I've watched a few movies, read several books and have pulled out the crossword puzzles. I should start working on my scrapbooking, but haven't really been in the mood. We need to go get some milk today, so maybe that short outing will help change my disposition.

Hope everyone else is having a good day. Thanks for listening to me whine.
Unread 12-28-2007, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HysterNurseDeb
I received a nice surprise today and I finally got up the courage to try on my pre-surgery jeans and they actually fit comfortably...yea!!!
Deb
TAH 12/20/07
I'm scared to put any "real" clothes on.....these strips on my incisions are driving me nuts! Even just my gown scraping across them hurts....ugh!

spenrn....I know it sounds selfish, but I almost wish the kids were in school because I feel like I need to make sure they're "entertained"...but for the most part, they've been very helpful. So I know how you feel.
Unread 12-28-2007, 11:13 AM

wow everyone is out and about. I cant imagine doing that yet. i was in pretty good shape going in and can get up and around ok. but when i walk around the house its still pretty slow to have anyone see me this way...
and jeans wow again. I just put on a size too big pj pants on this morning to feel a little dressed and thats enough preasure for now.
maybe over the weekend ill feel braver to venture outside. its snowing out though now and the idea of trying to keep myself from falling is pretty scary.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register