Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 12-28-2007, 03:51 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

I had my surgery on Monday December 17, and went home the next day. I have not taken any pain pills or any Motrin, for almost a week. I am not having any pain, but am still having some discomfort with my bladder. I feel like I need to go to the bathroom, and my bladder will be so full my sweats hardly fit, but when I try to go to the bathroom nothing comes out. I will sit there for 10-20 minutes trying to pee and nothing will come out. Last Sunday, I went back to the ER and had to be cath'd as it had been almost 24 hours since I had urinated. The ER doc stated that it wasn't uncommon that after surgery for people to have a "shy bladder". That was a week ago and I am still having problems peeing.
Any ideas?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2007, 03:52 PM

Hi ladies just woke up from a very long nap...don't know what I did that kicked me in the butt but whatever it was or wasnt I had to go right to bed. I worry that if I sleep so much during the day I may not get to sleep at night. I am a week out yesterday and I sneezed today, anyone else felt the first sneeze ... OUCH ......
Unread 12-28-2007, 04:03 PM

kairibear, Have you talked to your doctor about this? I'd definitely give them a call. The bladder being "shy" as they put it usually resolves within a day or two from surgery. I don't know what would be causing it, especially if you haven't been taken any pain meds. Good Luck, keep us posted on how it turns out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2007, 04:20 PM

kairibear, you dont say what kind of procedure you had but I would do what Spenrn says you need to get ahold of your doc's office.
Unread 12-28-2007, 04:41 PM

guitar hero must be the gift of the year. my son spent the night at friends house playing most of the night he said. then thankfully that kids mom took them to the mall. with it snowing like mad i was glad she could take them, i felt bad hes been holed up babysitting me the whole vacation. to my older son took his turn babysitting me instead.
its funny how it hits you like a ton of bricks, i was feeling ok, then laid down for a minute and fell asleep for a half hour. this is just not me.
put my pedometer on this morning. actually walked a half mile around the house today. off course not all at one time. lol
i havent sneezed yet- but with there kids home- has anyone had them get you laughing- now that what you call sidesplitting.
Unread 12-28-2007, 04:42 PM

Hi everyone,
It sounds like we are all getting the "itch" to get back to normal...no pun inteneded hahah.
It's so nice to hear all of your stories, it makes me feel less alone. I posted once on this thing and I don't know if it got lost or not? still trying to find my way around.... Is anyone out there on the HRT patch? I'm on it and I"m just wondering if you've heard of any side effects?
I've got my appetite back...kinda wish I hadn't though, I'm so afraid of gaining more weight with all theses meds, and limited activity.
I go for my post op appointment on the 2nd. I can't wait, I'll finally get to take the cath out!!!! I'm tired of caring for this thing....my nurse tried to tell me to look at it like a "designer handbag"... I don't think so!
I can't believe how many of you are out and about and even driving! YOu go girl! I do agree though, every little thing we do seems to be such an exhausting task.
Blessings to you all!
Carol
TAH/BSO on HRT patch
Unread 12-28-2007, 06:01 PM

Velvet97.....what sort of job do you have? I can't IMAGINE having the energy to go back to work, even if it was a "low-impact" kinda job. I hope you're handling OK....I don't want any of my "sisters" to be in pain!

Today's been a weird day for me......I think I mentioned earlier I didn't take any pain med's at all Thurs. I'd only had ibuprofen on Wed. Today, I've had to take ibuprofen 2 or 3 times (truly can't remember!), and then had to finally give in and took a darvocet (sp?) at 5:30, and had to take another one at 6:30......the pain has finally subsided, but needless to say, I'm a little loopy right now.... I really don't get it though because I hardly did anything today! The most "strenuous" thing I did was play Dogopoly w/my DD and DH. I was going to take a SHORT (maybe 2 houses away) walk w/DD this evening, but not sure I"m up for that now.

House Med and spenrn, what type of nurses are you? Do you work for gyn's or gp or something else? Just curious....
Unread 12-28-2007, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly88
I'll finally get to take the cath out!!!! I'm tired of caring for this thing....my nurse tried to tell me to look at it like a "designer handbag"...
Carol
TAH/BSO on HRT patch
I'm SO thankful I didn't have to wear one of those home. Dr. told me if I had more than 100 cc's residual, I'd have to come home w/it. Girl, I MADE myself pee as much as possible!!!! I also prayed and BEGGED God to let me pee. Thankfully, He did.
Unread 12-28-2007, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit&ready
i havent sneezed yet- but with there kids home- has anyone had them get you laughing- now that what you call sidesplitting.

Once again, I missed the last page I think what I'm doing is reading the posts, and then posting when I get to the bottom, forgetting there's another page....

Anyway, no sneeze here either, but my son is quite the comedian and I just had to tell him to quit making me laugh the other day. It was killing me! But of course, I loved it too. But I had to tell him to stop --I was laughing and crying at the same time!
Unread 12-28-2007, 06:18 PM

Fit&Ready- I think that is pretty impressive doing a half mile in the house. I didn't think it would mount up to that much. I know my doctor said to limit walking the first couple of weeks to about a 1/2 mile per day. I haven't put on the pedometer to see what I have done. Maybe did a little more than that yesterday when I took the kids shopping and yes as with everyone else, I paid for it.

Support needed- I am a pediatric nurse, so all of this is new to me. When I have been in the hospital for my other procedures they have always found out that I was a nurse. This time it was kept under the radar until the day after surgery. I had spilled the melted ice chips in my bed trying to turn to my side and I didn't want to bother my nurse, or have to move about to get the bed changed, so I didn't tell her until she came in to take out my catheter over an hour later. As she was changing the top sheets (as that is what got the brunt of the spill) she asked what I did for a living. Of course she told my day nurse and I wonder if that is why she didn't come around much.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register